Author Topic: Smoking indoors will be illegal as a new law  (Read 1743 times)

Offline misterb

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 313
  • -Receive: 346
Re: Smoking indoors will be illegal as a new law
« Reply #15 on: 17:36 20-Dec-2012 »
Is smoking allowed in shared office spaces, or building's sharing the same ventilation? How is that defined in the new law?

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #16 on: 17:59 20-Dec-2012 »
Does it matter? 

It'll be open to "interpretation" just like any other law in Ukraine!  :D :D :D

(For the record I was at a restaurant/club yesterday evening/last night/early this morning. and the hookah was on sale without any limitations.  From 10pm smoking cigarettes and cigars was allowed anywhere inside.)
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

Offline misterb

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 313
  • -Receive: 346
« Reply #17 on: 18:59 22-Dec-2012 »
Does it matter? 

It'll be open to "interpretation" just like any other law in Ukraine!  :D :D :D

(For the record I was at a restaurant/club yesterday evening/last night/early this morning. and the hookah was on sale without any limitations.  From 10pm smoking cigarettes and cigars was allowed anywhere inside.)

I understand that P-N. I'm just trying to inform myself as per the ''official'' legislation. I know that its application lies anywhere in between, and in most cases quite far away from any official ruling in reality. Hopefully some of the archaic Ukrainian mentalities change in the near future, but some I quite enjoy. C'est la vie je suppose.  ;D ;D

Offline fionnain

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 159
  • -Receive: 136
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #18 on: 22:02 14-Jan-2013 »
http://www.kyivpost.com/content/business/more-people-quit-smoking-as-tougher-measures-adopted-314971.html

More Ukrainians are giving up the highly damaging smoking habit as legislation toughens bans on advertising, smoking in public places and introduces disturbing graphic warnings on cigarette packs.

As of Dec. 16,
Smoking indoors will be illegal as a new law signed by President Viktor Yanukovych in June comes into effect.
It prohibits smoking in restaurants, bars, cafes, hotels, governmental buildings, sport arenas and cultural premises.
Hookah pipes and electronic cigarettes also fall under the ban.

These premises? smoking rooms or areas will be closed, but will still be allowed in office buildings.
Violators will face fines of Hr 1,000 ($125) to Hr 10,000.

The new bill adds to the pile of recent success of tobacco-control legislation.
In September, a law banning all forms of cigarette advertising came into effect.
Moreover, since Oct. 4, tobacco companies are obliged to sell cigarettes with graphic warnings on packs.

Someone forgot to remind the smokers in Poltava about the new law.  They were still smoking in late December at every restaurant I ate at every night. 

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3110
  • -Receive: 4833
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #19 on: 06:39 15-Jan-2013 »
http://www.kyivpost.com/content/business/more-people-quit-smoking-as-tougher-measures-adopted-314971.html

More Ukrainians are giving up the highly damaging smoking habit as legislation toughens bans on advertising, smoking in public places and introduces disturbing graphic warnings on cigarette packs.

As of Dec. 16,
Smoking indoors will be illegal as a new law signed by President Viktor Yanukovych in June comes into effect.
It prohibits smoking in restaurants, bars, cafes, hotels, governmental buildings, sport arenas and cultural premises.
Hookah pipes and electronic cigarettes also fall under the ban.

These premises? smoking rooms or areas will be closed, but will still be allowed in office buildings.
Violators will face fines of Hr 1,000 ($125) to Hr 10,000.

The new bill adds to the pile of recent success of tobacco-control legislation.
In September, a law banning all forms of cigarette advertising came into effect.
Moreover, since Oct. 4, tobacco companies are obliged to sell cigarettes with graphic warnings on packs.

Someone forgot to remind the smokers in Poltava about the new law.  They were still smoking in late December at every restaurant I ate at every night.

Yeah, it looks like it isn't gonna be enforced here either, or anytime in the near future.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

albert

« Reply #20 on: 08:34 15-Jan-2013 »
Depends on where you go here. The eateries for the ordinary workers and peasants, it's enforced hard. The upper crust joints it ain't. Jeeezz, what a surprise. Just like in USA and EU.