Author Topic: Comforts from home shipped via MEEST  (Read 1474 times)

Tnic

Comforts from home shipped via MEEST
« on: 16:11 08-Feb-2018 »
I've seen quite a few "where can I get _________ posts over the years here and "if Silpo ain't got it yer pretty much SOL until your next run".

It was suggested awhile back to order online and ship it, but almost no online retailer will ship Intl and if they do forget about getting it shipped to UA.

Enter MEEST

NOTE:  This applies to USA shipments.  If you're from somewhere else do some homework.

I figured it out (so far) so it ain't that difficult.

Step one

Go to https://my.meest.us/en 
--If Eng is not your native tongue try to find yours.
--And remember....GOOGLE is your friend, don't be afraid to use it.

I choose the NJ address and created an online acct.
Its the usual profile creation, of course, and you'll be asked to provide your UA address, Ph#, email, etc

On your Dashboard;
---- They will display THEIR receiving address for you to have your purchases sent to.
---- After the pkgs start rolling in they will be displayed as well as each phase of the shipment creation as it occurs.

Make your purchases at your fav online shops  (I used Amazon this time) and use the MEEST address for the shipment.

Upon arriving at MEEST, you'll receive a notice via email (you can choose SMS if you wish).

If your purchase is divided into multiple shipments (mine arrived in 2 pkgs) you can combine them into one box to be sent to UA.  And select Air or Sea for the shipping method.  I want it this year so I selected Air and hoping for the best goat cart UA has to offer when it gets to this side of The Pond.

You'll have to provide the category and value for each item (thank God I only bought 4 items)  This is the Declaration, btw.

Upon clicking Send (or some such) you should get a pop up, with the "I understand/Agree" box to tic and the option of
-paying via CC or COD (for 5% of the invoice extra) and
-buying extra Ins (0.87 usd in my case) and then click the Send button again.

Then you'll see your completed shipment in the processing queue with a new tracking number and the promise that your invoice will be emailed to you as soon as they get it ready (1-2 business days).

That's it.  I will update as things unfold. 
Hope ya'll enjoyed the show.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
Re: Comforts from home shipped via MEEST
« Reply #1 on: 19:39 08-Feb-2018 »
What about approx. time frame and shipping costs?
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Tnic

« Reply #2 on: 20:11 08-Feb-2018 »
What about approx. time frame and shipping costs?

Unknown atm.

Should see an invoice in a day or 2 then they'll give a tracking # and maybe an ETA.

Offline Eddie

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 24
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #3 on: 23:40 08-Feb-2018 »
We use them to ship boxes from Houston, TX to Lviv.  4-6 weeks.  Completely satisfied with them and never have had a problem.  About $1/pound and a $25 delivery charge so around $100 each box give or take....shoes for the orphans, my wife's old clothes for family/friends, lawnmower, bbq grill, tools, ceiling fans, bicycles, etc. all courtesy of Meest.  Got to get a little creative breaking things apart to fit in the box sometimes and the 80 pound weight limit, but I know the lawnmower was a few pounds over the limit.  Old clothes make darn good packing material.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
« Reply #4 on: 07:27 09-Feb-2018 »
Eddie, is that 80# for air or sea transport?
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline Ron-n-Sveta

• Vip Lounge member
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 50
  • we live here
« Reply #5 on: 10:31 09-Feb-2018 »
just checked meest website 110# max by sea/air however be ready to to open your bank account if choice is air at 110#

262.50$ for 50kg aka 110# by air
153.22$ for 50kg aka 110#  by sea

here is another opition
https://dniprollc.com/delivery-to-ukraine
« Last Edit: 10:45 09-Feb-2018 by Ron-n-Sveta »

Tnic

« Reply #6 on: 10:12 11-Feb-2018 »
My package is somewhat lighter than 50 kg.

Got the invoice Fri night.  It comes to just under $23 usd. 

Of course I failed to register a CC in my MEEST profile and my bank is upgrading their online systems all weekend so I have to wait till tomorrow to finish the verification and make the payment.

I'll keep ya posted if anyone wants to follow along.

Tnic

« Reply #7 on: 07:19 21-Feb-2018 »
Wifey just got the SMS from Meest.  Package will be at our door this afternoon.

Tnic

« Reply #8 on: 14:48 21-Feb-2018 »
Its HERE!!!!

Delivered right to my door at 16.20

A large can of REAL basil
2 bottles of REAL soy sauce
2 sm. bottles of liquid smoke (1 hickory, 1 mesquite)
4 lbs of gourmet popcorn

Now that I've tested the method, I'll be ordering more goodies in the future.

Oh yeah, will have to ding Meest in the comments.  The popcorn and basil lids both had pieces of the rims broken off due to bad packing.
« Last Edit: 15:03 21-Feb-2018 by Tnic »

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #9 on: 18:58 21-Feb-2018 »
Its HERE!!!!

Delivered right to my door at 16.20

A large can of REAL basil
2 bottles of REAL soy sauce
2 sm. bottles of liquid smoke (1 hickory, 1 mesquite)
4 lbs of gourmet popcorn

Now that I've tested the method, I'll be ordering more goodies in the future.

Oh yeah, will have to ding Meest in the comments.  The popcorn and basil lids both had pieces of the rims broken off due to bad packing.

Ok let me get this right, you bought Kikkoman Soy? Totally available here, even at Cilpo and ATB.
Can of Dried Basil? Fresh basil is all over the bazars as well as grocery stores. Plus it is dried package form!  Everywhere!!! 

Where you been shoppin?
« Last Edit: 19:01 21-Feb-2018 by Fraucha »

Tnic

« Reply #10 on: 19:28 21-Feb-2018 »
Had some Kikkoman's from our Silpo here.  No flavor at all, totally flat. 

Pretty sure I bought some crushed basil here as well, same thing, no flavor not to mention those tiny little pouches are ridiculous.  Now I can shake out a palm full and not have to go buy more.

Shoulda seen the spice lady at our rinok when she asked how many spoons of cumin I wanted and I told her, I don't want spoons I want the whole bag, maybe 6 or 8 ounces.  I cleaned her stock out.  :D

Tnic

« Reply #11 on: 15:28 18-May-2019 »
A little update/FYI on MEEST.

DO NOT select Economy (Sea) for shipping method.  Just don't.  :D

I ordered a couple items, a big bottle of Frenches and my new copy of the Ham Radio Expert Class License Manual.  Yes I'm studying for the top Class in Ham Radio. 

Anyway, without thinking I clicked on SEA instead of AIR.  It shipped from NJ 18/04 and arrived today 18/05.

This will be the 3rd or 4th time I used them and other than the first delivery, everything has arrived in good condition.

About the manual.  I have the ebook on my iPad, but I need to be able to flip front to back for end of chapter quizzes and the hard copy is just so much better for that.