Author Topic: Our Medical and Outpatient Partner - American Medical Centers  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2028
    • Kiev Life
Expat Ukraine has partnered with The American Medical Centers - A regional health services company, which provides ambulatory care and outpatient care facilities. 

American Medical Centers owns and operates ambulatory care and outpatient care facilities in Ukraine and Eastern Europe.  Through its American Medical Centers and AMC Community Health Centers facilities, we employ more than 150 medical professionals and associates providing access to all medical specialties, from cardiology to neurosurgery.

American Medical Centers enjoys affiliations with major hospitals and medical learning centers around the world. All American Medical Centers facilities and partner operations are recognized by the world's leading healthcare institutions and are fully licensed hospitals and clinics.

American Medical Centers Kyiv, is the city's premier international medical clinic offering family practice, gynecology, pediatric and over fifteen specialties, lab and imaging, pharmacy and hospitalization. AMC accepts direct billing with most major european and US medical insurance providers and offers its own medical insurance plans. We are open 24-hours a day, seven days a week and provide house or hotel calls, ambulatory and assistance services.

For more information, please visit  the website: www.amcenters.com

or call: 38 044 490 7600

I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Offline Drathaar

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 56
  • -Receive: 27
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Has anyone used them? I see they'll be in Odessa this summer and I'm hoping they'll bill VA. I need an English speaking Orthopedic doctor to file a claim with VA. I had surgery before I moved here and its not going well.

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2028
    • Kiev Life
contact them direct - they are very friendly.

Ask to speak to KATERINA KARTASHOVA
I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Offline Drathaar

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 56
  • -Receive: 27
Ok, thanks.

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 145
This place has ridiculous rates.  A consultation with a basic doctor costs between 95 - 265 USD, which is more than it would cost in Western Europe and zillion times more than at similar places in Kiev.  At Boris Klinik and similar places you can have the same for 450 GRN.
« Last Edit: 18:38 22-May-2017 by K24 »

Offline jdanielca

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
This place has ridiculous rates.  A consultation with a basic doctor costs between 95 - 265 USD, which is more than it would cost in Western Europe and zillion times more than at similar places in Kiev.  At Boris Klinik and similar places you can have the same for 450 GRN.

This is not a place you go if you pay cash, this is some place you go if you want them to bill insurance directly.

Carlusha

This is not a place you go if you pay cash, this is some place you go if you want them to bill insurance directly.

No it is not. You can register you and your family but it is, shall we say, rather costly should you wish to retain your arms and legs.  ::) ???

For example :

http://amcenters.com/kyiv/programs/adults/item/9-health-and-wellness-program/

Offline jdanielca

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
lol what did you think my point was? lol why would you go to them if you had to pay out of pocket was my point the reason they charge so much is because they typically bill direct with a long list of insurers. you know how back in north america car garages and doctors charge crazy prices because insurers are typically paying... therefore killing everyone else paying cash along the way. :)

Carlusha

lol what did you think my point was? lol why would you go to them if you had to pay out of pocket was my point the reason they charge so much is because they typically bill direct with a long list of insurers. you know how back in north america car garages and doctors charge crazy prices because insurers are typically paying... therefore killing everyone else paying cash along the way. :)

Hence the name AMERICAN Medical Center.  ??? ??? ???

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 145
So given these issues which means that only a very small number of people will be prepared to use this center, why is this the "Medical and Outpatient Partner" of the forum?  No criticism intended, just curious

Offline jdanielca

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
lots of proper expats have no issues paying say 1000-2000 USD a year for coverage with a 250 USD or so yearly accumulative co-payment. For peace of mind, so they feel free and easy to go a clinic like this... I hardly ever need to go to a doctor... not seen one in a few years LOL *touch wood* so for me a comprehensive insurance plan that includes doctors visits and all the frills would not be worth while... considering that dental here is also cheap... cleaning costs 500 UAH at a nice dentist...and i have no teeth problems... so that's all I need...so I am only going for something that covers hospital visits and can find one that can cover me at privat hospitals here for much less... and when I do need to visit a private doctor here I can expect to pay maybe 500 UAH... which 15 Euro...

so yeah I do think they have quite a bit of business... just not really from people that pay cash....