Author Topic: Doing Business in Ukraine: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow  (Read 4434 times)

Carlusha

Re: Doing Business in Ukraine: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: 12:30 03-Sep-2015 »
Ikea has a shop, but not a mega store, in Odessa

http://ikeashop.com.ua/

the latest stuff too.

Yes, good stuff indeed. However, babushkas do not do modern!  :( :( :'(

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Receive: 1851
NBU makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
« Reply #16 on: 20:32 11-Jun-2017 »
The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) within the liberalization in the foreign exchange market has simplified the procedure for investing abroad by legal entities, allowing them to make investments of up to the equivalent of US$2 million based on one license for FX operations per calendar year, according to the NBU website referring to Resolution No. 51 coming into effect from June 12.

Earlier, the limit of such transactions was $50,000 a month, the report said. The National Bank also established a simplified procedure for obtaining a license for investment up to $50,000. However, an expanded list of documents is required for investment exceeding this amount. "These moves will make it easier for legal entities to perform foreign trade activities while preventing unproductive capital outflows abroad," the NBU said. Read also Ukraine's central bank reports 3% rise in forex reserves in May As UNIAN reported earlier, the NBU in late May relaxed a number of restrictions in the forex market.
In particular, the regulator from May 26 extended the maximum settlement period for export/import operations to 180 days, as well as allowed from June 12 the return of investments to foreign investors and early repayment of external business loans with the provision of international financial organizations. Within the concept of a new currency regulation model submitted in December 2016, the NBU plans to gradually relax administrative restrictions on the business, banks, and individuals.

Today, a number of NBU restrictions are being applied to citizens and businesses, including the compulsory sale of 50% of currency proceeds, the preliminary lodgment in hryvnia for the purchase of currency at the request of customers, the restriction on the purchase of cash currency by individuals in the equivalent of UAH 150,000 per day, as well as on the withdrawal of currency from the account at UAH 250,000 per day.

Read more on UNIAN: https://www.unian.info/economics/1967531-nbu-makes-it-easier-for-businesses-to-invest-abroad.html
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3095
  • -Receive: 4811
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 933
  • -Receive: 737
  • Death to (your name here)!
« Reply #18 on: 04:55 20-Mar-2018 »
"Foreigners who invest more than EUR 100,000 in Ukraine will be eligible for long term visas, according to a decision last week by the Cabinet of Ministers." according to theubj.com

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: 05:44 10-Apr-2018 »
only 800km?  Give me a CalTrans Crew and a free hand in Ukraine....

http://mmr.net.ua/autoworld/news/66667

Swedish experts called the roads in Ukraine the most terrible ones they saw
Posted on 5th of April, 2018

According to experts, the funds allocated in Ukraine are enough to make roads of Swedish quality.

Swedish roadside experts have analyzed the quality of roads in Ukraine and have far-reaching conclusions.

This was stated at a press conference by the president of the International Charitable Foundation "Diamond of Ukraine" Derek Pottomzon, the correspondent of the online edition UA1 reports .

"We in the Odessa region drove hundreds of kilometers. The roads in Ukraine are very bad. We need to do everything again, we need to change the construction scheme. If nothing changes in Ukraine, there will be no roads for you. We are ready to help, ready to build roads in Ukraine. But we do not understand why we have not yet called and did not even request the results of research that we conducted absolutely for free. The money that you allocate is enough to make roads of Swedish quality, "said Pottmans.

According to him, four Swedish companies are ready to build 800 km of roads in Ukraine, but this requires that the leadership of the state expresses its desire.

In turn, an expert on the construction of roads Koni S?derholm noted that Ukrainian roads are the worst of those he saw.

"I have been working in the field of road construction for 35 years, but never in my life I have seen such terrible roads as in Ukraine. The asphalt that lies in you does not meet the standards. Used low-quality material, it has little glue, concrete. The laying process of asphalt itself is also incorrect. There is a clear scheme and it needs to be followed, "Sederholm emphasized.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline julienp

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 107
  • -Receive: 288
« Reply #20 on: 06:53 10-Apr-2018 »
"I have been working in the field of road construction for 35 years, but never in my life I have seen such terrible roads as in Ukraine. The asphalt that lies in you does not meet the standards. Used low-quality material, it has little glue, concrete. The laying process of asphalt itself is also incorrect. There is a clear scheme and it needs to be followed, "Sederholm emphasized.
The "clear scheme" is very well followed, it's just that Ukraine use the "money extracting" variant instead of the road building one

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 93
« Reply #21 on: 00:49 25-Aug-2018 »
It would be interesting to study which countries have successfully dealt with high levels of corruption and how they did it. Didn't China just imprison or execute a wave up people for this very thing?
Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: 16:23 25-Aug-2018 »
It would be interesting to study which countries have successfully dealt with high levels of corruption and how they did it. Didn't China just imprison or execute a wave up people for this very thing?

Yep. A bullet solves many problems.

Offline Pantherdk

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 63
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #23 on: 17:56 25-Aug-2018 »

Alot of old Sovjet Block Countries have done this.
Poland, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania

Poland is and pretty good excample that it can be done.
Bulgaria & Romania is still working on it but have done alot of Progress

Ukraine is moving up on corruption index, last year they reached 30 points which was an imrpovement of 1 point.

I now been here since 2014, and yes the roads are bad, but they was much more bad in 2014-2015.
There are new Laws on winning the roads contract which hopefully will help bring the qulity up.

In my main are Poltava/Kremenchug I see huge improvements the last 1.5 year.

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 93
« Reply #24 on: 19:00 25-Aug-2018 »
It would seem like if they came up with a reward system that would payout serious cash to people who reported corruption. Of course, a special task force would have to investigate. They would be paid well with a very stiff punishment hanging over their head should they be caught on-the-take.

Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."