Author Topic: A thought from outside the square  (Read 1023 times)

Offline ukr-uk

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 8
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
A thought from outside the square
« on: 01:08 03-Mar-2014 »

At the moment, Mr the Kremlin-based midget seems to be busy flexing Russia?s muscle with a view
 to re-establishing control on his western flanks.

Will China decide that this distraction provides an opportunity to make a move
on the Siberian gas and oil fields?

Of course, the official response from world leaders will be expressions of 
?deep concern?, but behind the scenes will Western diplomats give each other
high fives and say "Go China"?

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3116
  • -Receive: 4846
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Re: A thought from outside the square
« Reply #1 on: 06:31 03-Mar-2014 »
That is not an unlikely scenario. China has very very strong economic ties with the western world and Russia not so much. China needs oil and power to become the industrial giant they are destined to be. Hell they flooded an entire fertile populated section of their country to make a dam for the power they needed...

I am placing my bets that the UN will (as always) do nothing. The USA will keep silent, the EU will have their hands busy with Russia in Eastern Europe. Apple will not stop production, just like all corporations who are in China will continue to operate. It is a corporate world now isn't it?

Marching North to the oil fields. I say "只要做到这一点" (Zhǐy?o zu? d?o zh? yīdiǎn) or as Nike would say "Just Do It".
There isn't an army in the world that can stop them if they decide to start moving. China, has the numbers and it is always a numbers game.

Extremism is alway fun.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline ukr-uk

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 8
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: A thought from outside the square
« Reply #2 on: 07:27 03-Mar-2014 »
Hi Fraucha,

Yes, one never knows what the Chinese may be thinking, and such a move would certainly elevate their economic potential. With the added bonus of knocking some competition down a few steps!

As a side note, do you know if China officially recognises the currrent regime in Kiev? I tried digging around on the internet, but haven't found the answer yet. Thanks.