Author Topic: Visa & Registration Questions - Ask Now or Forever Hold Your Peace  (Read 28960 times)

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
It does give you permanent leave to remain here without visa or having to leave until you have been married 2 years (should you so wish) and guarantees you permanent status on 2 years of marriage now.  I guess something must have changed to have a new decree...........will try again on Monday to get an actual copy of this decree.......anyway I am just the messenger from the Odessa OVIR and I am subject to how the Odessa OVIR enforce and interpret the rules as I live here, so as long as I comply with how they interpret these rules they are happy  :D :D :D :D :D
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

buba

Yes you can stay without visa in Ukraine, but before you have to register at OVIR. Exactly the same procedure as before. The same for the 2 years rule.

And the problem for many is not how the local administration interpret the rules but if you can or not pass the borders at Boryspol.

Carlusha

Images on behalf of Nick. These are Nos. 448 to 452. Nick will provide salient translation details later.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=h0zjs0y2ze1&thumb=4

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=0ynyyfdd0uz&thumb=4

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=1nzi0jegkdx&thumb=4

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=n9nimmyuxbi&thumb=4

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=hgpigxdm9sy&thumb=4

I am just trying out the Mediafire service - Click the link to see the document. You will see it displayed as "small" size, change display to "medium". You may also download the file.
« Last Edit: 20:27 09-May-2008 by Carlusha »

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
The English translation for the above documents.  Please ntoe the sentances are not structured corretly in English as I didn't want to "interpret" anything and will allow you to do that yourselves.  All of this information (and more) is on publice display in Odessa OVIR and is changed and updated as changes occur.  I still intend to make one more attempt to get a copy of Decree 909 on Monday 12th at 1400, as there is other information I require for someone in Kyiv anyway  ;)

**********************************************************************************

The GENERAL PROVISIONS

The visa-free mode of entrance of transit travel through territory of Ukraine is established for the countries-members of the European Union, Switzerland, Japan, the USA, Canada, the Princedom Liechtenstein, Princedoms Andorra, the States-cities Vatican, Republics Iceland, the Princedom of Monaco, Kingdom Norway, Republic San Marino, Republic Korea if term of their stay in Ukraine does not exceed 90 days

THE VISA-FREE MODE DOES NOT EXTEND:

- On immigration types of visas,
- On the persons driving to Ukraine with the purpose of training, work in diplomatic representatives and consular establishments in Ukraine;
- With other purpose if term of their stay in Ukraine will exceed 90 day.

All categories of visas are made out diplomatic by representations consular establishments of Ukraine abroad

FOR CITIZENS OF TURKEY THE INVITATION FOR REGISTRATION OF VISAS OF TYPES IS NOT REQUIRED:

- S (service), B (business), Н (scientific), C (cultural silt a sports exchange), P (private).
To the citizens of Turkish Republic driving to Ukraine with the tourist purpose the sanction for entrance to Ukraine by consular items at international airports " Simferopols " " Odessa ", Odessa sea trading to port, for the period of 14 day can be issued at presence of documents which confirm tourist character of a trip.

Citizens of the states with whom Ukraine has concluded the international agreements on visa-free prodrivings citizens, drive to Ukraine and leave Ukraine without visas under documents, valid for trip abroad, at presence of properly issued invitation (in the original) from legal silt of physical persons in Ukraine if another is not stipulated international by contracts of Ukraine.

To their number concern internal and passports for travel abroad. About 16 years are put follow to Ukraine under the birth certificate.

For entrance to Ukraine for citizens of Bulgaria and Romania on principles of reciprocity the visa mode operates.
- For citizens of Bulgaria - according to the Agreement between the Cabinet of Ukraine and the Government of Republic of Bulgaria about mutual trips of citizens from 11/15/2001 of year;
- For citizens of Romania according to the Agreement between the Cabinet of Ukraine and the Government the Romanian about conditions mutual trips of citizens from 3/24/2004 of year

THE DOCUMENTS NECESSARY FOR REGISTRATION OF VISAS.

The type of the visa depends on the purpose of a trip to Ukraine.

The diplomatic visa is made out to the persons having diplomatic passports:

- To the diplomatic personnel of foreign representations and consular establishments in Ukraine, to members of their families;

THE SERVICE VISA IS SUBDIVIDED INTO THREE CATEGORIES AND MADE OUT:
 С-1 - to technicians of foreign diplomatic representatives and consular establishments in Ukraine, to members of their families;
- To representatives of the international organizations in Ukraine;
- To representatives of bodies of the government of the foreign states who drive to Ukraine on affairs of service.
С-2 - to representatives of military formations and establishments who drive to Ukraine on affairs of service under the invitation of corresponding state bodies.
С-3 - to representatives of industrial, trading, financial and political circles who drive to Ukraine on affairs of service under the invitation of the official bodies registered in Ukraine when due hereunder.

FOR REGISTRATION OF THE BUSINESS VISA (В) IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY TO PRESENT:

- The original of the invitation from the organization registered in Ukraine, on the firm form, with the instruction of the legal address and phone. In it is invited necessarily should be the purpose of a trip, its terms is specified, cities of visiting in Ukraine, and also number and a series of the passport invited also are specified;

- A copy of the certificate on the state registration of the inviting organization.
o Ukraine with missions of diplomatic character;
- To diplomatic couriers;
- To members of the governments, parliaments, the international organizations;
- To outstanding politicians which entrance to Ukraine has diplomatic character.

FOR REGISTRATION OF THE VISA (H) IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY FOR REPRESENTATIVES OF HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS TO PRESENT:

- Acknowledgement of the Commission at Cabinet Ukrany concerning coordination, reception, transportation, protection and distribution of the humanitarian help acting from the foreign states.

FOR REGISTRATION OF THE VISA TO WORKERS OF SAVING SERVICES (L) IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY TO PRESENT:

- The acknowledgement which has been given out by the Ministry of Emergency Measures of Ukraine.

FOR REGISTRATION OF THE STUDENT'S VISA (S) IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY TO PRESENT:

- The invitation of the established sample to the training which has been given out by the Ministry of FOR REGISTRATION OF THE VISA TO EMPLOYEES OF MASS-MEDIA (M) IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY TO PRESENT:

- The order of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Ukraine concerning registration of the visa.

FOR REGISTRATION OF THE VISA (R) IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY FOR REPRESENTATIVES OF RELIGIOUS MISSIONS TO PRESENT:

- The invitation of the religious organization, certified State the committee concerning religion at the Cabinet of Ukraine.
Education of Ukraine.

THE BASIS FOR REGISTRATION OF THE TRANSIT VISA IS:

ТР-1 - presence of the document which confirms transit character of a trip (the visa in the third country, the ticket)
ТР-2 - documents which confirm transit character of transportations with cargo motor transport passenger bus transport through territory of Ukraine.

FOR REGISTRATION of the VISA of TYPE (ОП) FOR the ATTENDANTS of VEHICLES of the INTERNATIONAL CONNECTION In the CONSULAR DEPARTMENT it is necessary TO GIVE:

- The license for realization of the international transportations, given out by corresponding competent body of a host country.

FOR REGISTRATION OF IMMIGRATION VISA IM-1 IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY TO GIVE:

- The sanction to the work, issued by Minister of work and social policy of Ukraine.

FOR REGISTRATION OF THE IMMIGRATION VISA OF TYPE IM-2 IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY TO GIVE:

- The sanction of local enforcement authority to constant residing in Ukraine.

FOR REGISTRATION OF PRIVATE VISA П-1 IT IS NECESSARY TO PRESENT TO THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT:

- The invitation of the established sample issued properly in competent bodies of Ministry of Internal Affairs Ukraniny, silt of the invitation of the Ukrainian medical establishment, and also other documents confirming private character of a trip.

VISA П-2 (FOR PERSONS OF THE UKRAINIAN ORIGIN) - STANDS OUT ONLY IN THE COUNTRY OF THEIR CONSTANT RESIDING.
FOR REGISTRATION OF THIS VISA IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY TO GIVE:

- The personal application written by results of interview with the worker of diplomatic representatives or consular establishment of Ukraine to which duties on decision-making concerning registration of such visa are assigned, and also the documents confirming the Ukrainian origin of the foreigner or the person without citizenship
According to the decision of the Cabinet of Ukraine from 8/9/2001 of year of №1003 visas to persons of the Ukrainian origin are made out for the term of till five years

FOR REGISTRATION OF THE TOURIST VISA (T) IN THE CONSULAR DEPARTMENT IT IS NECESSARY TO GIVE THE DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING TOURIST CHARACTER OF THE TRIP:

- The tourist permit, given out by the tourist organization of Ukraine?;
- The voucher which has been given out by the tourist organization;
- Acknowledgement of hotels of Ukraine which are engaged in tourist activity about payment of residing;
- The air ticket in both parties from the Ukrainian national air carrier (only for citizens of the USA, Canada and Japan)

Visas of other types are made out on the basis of the reference of bodies of the government of the foreign states, the international organizations, invitations of the ministries, other central enforcement authorities, and also invitations established by the Cabinet of Ukraine from physical persons and legal persons of Ukraine

In case of need, the employee of diplomatic representatives silt of consular establishment of Ukraine can demand the friend documents which specify the purpose of a trip of the foreigner or the person without citizenship, and also to invite this or that person for additional interview

VALIDITY of VISAS:
The Unitary and double visa:
- For citizens of Turkey - till 6 months.
- For citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship - till 3 months

The Multi-visa
- It is made out for the term of 1 year, however a total result of stay in Ukraine should not exceed 90 days

The NOTE: From today the Ukrainian legislation on the Family code certain the visa-free order of entrance of foreigners (foreign citizens and persons without citizenship) to Ukraine. The foreign citizens who have married citizens of Ukraine can be in territory of Ukraine, leave and drive without restrictions at presence of registration.

Documents for registration

- A copy of the marriage certficate
- A copy of the passport
- Registration in ZEK (on a residence)
- 4 photos

********************************************************************************************

Those who can read Russian, feel free to check my translation - I am not claiming to be an expert  :D

If I do get a copy of Decree 909 - it will obviously be in Ukrainian and I will not attempt to translate it just post it up here via Carl again.  (My IT skills are poor ::) - and my Ukrainian even worse  :D) but I am sure some kind sole with translate it if I can get it.  :-\
« Last Edit: 07:36 10-May-2008 by Pompey-Nik »
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

ecocks

Nick:

Thanks SO much for your on-going efforts in tracking down hard information on this subject.  It is a Thankless Job (no, wait several people DID thank you!) but we are indebted to you for it.

The enforcement of these procedures are supposed to kick in full-bore this week, so it will be interesting to see what stories transpire regarding fines, arrests, incidents and procedures.

Again, THANKS!              ;D

Offline Sweeper5150

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • http://
Thank you so much for confirming what I had only heard though the rumor mill.  It is good to know that I can come and go as I want as long as I do not get a new passport.  My Marriage stamp is in this one.

On a separate but related note I have been told that registration is required with OVIR even after I qualify for the "Blue Card" (Permanent Resident Status?)  I have my Private Entrepreneur now and Current Registration but I will have to renew this as they only gave me 6 months.  I went to an insurance agency here in Kyiv and paid $100 for one year’s mandatory insurance even though I have Providna as my Health insurance here.  Is this correct.
I live in Kyiv so I understand it may be a little different from Odessa.

Thank You

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
Whilst being forced to hob-nob with Odessa City's political elite today  ::), I was not able to get a copy of Decree 909 due to insufficient time.

The good news is "somebody in power" here understands our frustration and has "requested  ;)" that I have a copy of it in my possession this week.

Apologies for the continued delay, but short of someone wanting a very short policital career here  ;), I should have a copy of the "Holly Grail" which is Decree 909 this week.   :)
« Last Edit: 16:57 12-May-2008 by Pompey-Nik »

buba

I also think that we all have to say thx to Pompey  :).

But be careful because the most important information given is WRONG.

Just with a marriage stamp you cannot stay in Ukraine. You still have to register.

Typical situation of conflict of laws. In this case family law vs immigration law.

Be sure that at borders immigration law is enforced.

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
When I do get it (and now I feel confident that I will) it will be written in Ukrainian (as it comes from the RADA) and therefore I cannot translate it (with any level of accuracy anyway).

I will post it up (via Carl again probably due to my embarrasingly poor IT skills  ::)) and then you can print and take to lawyers and let them interpret it as they will.

If somebody is fluent in Ukrainian and will translate it for all and also post here...........I will be thanking you.

I just hope nothing in the raft of legislation this week required to complete WTO assention on the 16th(ish)changes eveything again  ::)...........still doesn't it make life interesting??  :D :D :D :D :D

Carlusha

No problem, Nik

buba

Yes i can help you if you want. Of course i will not make the translation...no ukrainian nore english skill. But my lawyer is a very good one and speak very well your language. He didnt find any decision until now. Are you sure it is a "rada" decision..or ministry cabinet?

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
Cabinet Ministry Of Ukraine (for clarification) but as it comes from Kyiv I am certain it will be in Ukrainian no Russian.........which rules out my limited translation skills  :D

ecocks

"But my lawyer is a very good one and speak very well your language."

Oddly, everyone's lawyer is a "very good one", until you actually want something done.  Then you undergo the test.

Maybe you do have a great one, but this is about the fifth time this year I have heard similar comments and it always seems to take about 3-4 more referrals before finding one that actually does any work.

buba

It's like for wine. More then 350 USD per hour = good lawyer.

ecocks

More than $350USD/hour = Good Client     ::)

:o

Too Funny.     :D