Author Topic: Happy Independence Day 2014  (Read 3769 times)

Offline BubbaGump

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 653
  • -Receive: 818
Re: Happy Independence Day 2014
« Reply #30 on: 17:05 04-Jul-2014 »
T,

You GOTTA find a hobby..or a job...or a woman...oh, oh, wait, you already got those...well...looks like you're gonna have to move to Ukraine...oh, yeah...you already have...well...okay then...time for some BBQ!!!!!

Happy 4th, bud ---

8)
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2474
  • -Receive: 1869
« Reply #31 on: 18:09 04-Jul-2014 »
We're planning on seeing the fireworks display tonight. But since it's still light enough at midnight to read a newspaper, it'll be another dud display.  :'(

There are some bad points about summer way up here.  ::)
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline BubbaGump

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 653
  • -Receive: 818
« Reply #32 on: 19:27 04-Jul-2014 »
We're planning on seeing the fireworks display tonight. But since it's still light enough at midnight to read a newspaper, it'll be another dud display.

There are some bad points about summer way up here.

...how well I remember...Christmas is the time for the big displays...

...but the 24hr "Midnight Sun" softball tourney was a summer delight...
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: 00:15 05-Jul-2014 »
The New Years fireworks really rock! It's only daylight from 0900 to 14:30 or so at the winter solstice here. Further north it dark for 2-3 month w/o any daylight.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4042
  • -Receive: 1742
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #34 on: 12:55 05-Jul-2014 »
We had a great time at TexMex BBQ last night.  When the drinks are 1+1=3 how can you not have a great time.   ;D

Chef Micheal joined us for a bit too.

Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: 17:50 05-Jul-2014 »
That looks like you had fun!  :)