Expatriate Life > Visa and Immigration

TRP after wedding

(1/15) > >>

julienp:
In case it may help someone in similar situation.

I'm French and got married to an Ukrainian in France (and we had a daughter before getting married, born in Europe). We moved to Kiev & started the process to get me a temporary residency permit.

1st step : getting a visa D (in Ukrainian consulate in France, right after the wedding)
- wedding cert with apostille, all translated by official translator
- passports & co
- birth certificate of our daughter with translation
- proof of asset on my account (I called my bank and they send me a pdf the next day), it should show something above 1000e to be on the safe side it seems
- insurance (I got it through my visa credit card)
- around 200/300e ..... by check ! (I already forgot exact amount but it was with extra fee as I requested the visa same day)
- form for visa D with family unification reason

2st step : getting the TRP (in Kiev)
- again a bunch of passport copy
- wedding cert translated
- medical insurance (bought a basic one for a year, less than 100$)
- the request form filled by my wife

3rd step : registering in a flat
- a lovely meeting with a gang of babushka who asked for a mountain of proof of ownership, approval & co (as it's a flat with 3 owners)
- the zjek gave the approval of registering in the flat

4st step : again a stamp (same place which issued the TRP)
- the boss of the office checked if all docs were ok
- 15 kopek to pay (seriously...)
- an underlings put  the stamp of the registration

Overall it was a good 2-3 weeks to get the TRP and a bit stressful but not as complicated as expected.
And at the end of the process, the boss of the office told us that we could already start to apply for permanent permit as we have a child with Ukrainian nationality (so being a parent of such a child seems to allow to apply immediately to PR). When asked this boss why we didn't do the PR immediately she replied "oh, it will take months to take a decision, so we do a TRP first to be legal"

Ted:
Great! Yes she is correct and put you on the right path, now, apply for PR immediately! Then all your troubles will begin be over!

WilliamW:

Here's an interesting article about this topic.

"Procedure for marriage in Ukraine easier for foreigners"

http://nahnews.com.ua/194604-proceduru-brakosochetaniya-na-ukraine-uprostili-dlya-inostrancev/

If I'm reading it right, you can get everything done from Ukraine itself.

Carlusha:

--- Quote from: WilliamW on 18:31 03-Apr-2015 ---
Here's an interesting article about this topic.

"Procedure for marriage in Ukraine easier for foreigners"

http://nahnews.com.ua/194604-proceduru-brakosochetaniya-na-ukraine-uprostili-dlya-inostrancev/

If I'm reading it right, you can get everything done from Ukraine itself.

--- End quote ---

That's great although you would still require to obtain that "D" visa outside of Ukraine.

Funnily enough, a certificfate of non-impediment for marriage was one of the easiest to obtain from the UK.

Tnic:
The MARRIAGE is accomplished here providing you have any required documents, like an Apostilled divorce decree in hand (and translated, etc).

As mentioned above, you'll need to travel to a UA Consulate for that magical, mystical D visa.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version