Author Topic: Hoot Mon  (Read 1537 times)

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3116
  • -Receive: 4846
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Hoot Mon
« on: 05:49 15-Sep-2014 »

Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline BubbaGump

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 653
  • -Receive: 818
Re: Hoot Mon
« Reply #1 on: 06:08 15-Sep-2014 »
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1317
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #2 on: 10:44 18-Sep-2014 »
Results should start trickling in, at 0200 London time, about 3.5 hours from this post.  Aberdeen results  won't start to appear until a few hours after that.
Polls are calling it "No" by a hair's breadth.
Important sources of error inherent in the poll are that the vote is unprecedented.  It is easier to predict results if there is some recent similar event. 
The other problem is that 85 percent of those voting "No" feel intimidated by "Yes" supporters.  This may tend to suppress "No" opinions in surveys and while a good pollster may try to compensate for this, it increases margins of error.
« Last Edit: 11:22 18-Sep-2014 by David Rochlin »

Carlusha

« Reply #3 on: 13:21 18-Sep-2014 »
Results should start trickling in, at 0200 London time, about 3.5 hours from this post.  Aberdeen results  won't start to appear until a few hours after that.
Polls are calling it "No" by a hair's breadth.
Important sources of error inherent in the poll are that the vote is unprecedented.  It is easier to predict results if there is some recent similar event. 
The other problem is that 85 percent of those voting "No" feel intimidated by "Yes" supporters.  This may tend to suppress "No" opinions in surveys and while a good pollster may try to compensate for this, it increases margins of error.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

0200 London time is 12 hours and 40 minutes from the time of MY response to your post!

Voting is currently underway and won't see the polling stations closing for some time yet!

Offline SteveH

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 983
  • -Receive: 251
« Reply #4 on: 17:34 19-Sep-2014 »
Scotland Decides:
SCOTLAND VOTES NO
No 2,001,926
Yes 1,617,989

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29277527

Alex Salmond is to step down as Scottish first minister after voters decisively rejected independence.

He will also resign as leader of the Scottish National Party (SNP) after the "No" side won Thursday's referendum by 2,001,926 to 1,617,989 for "Yes".

The national split of the vote was 55% for "No" to 45% for "Yes".

Offline BubbaGump

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 653
  • -Receive: 818
« Reply #5 on: 18:34 19-Sep-2014 »
Alex Salmond is to step down as Scottish first minister after voters decisively rejected independence.

He will also resign as leader of the Scottish National Party (SNP) after the "No" side won Thursday's referendum by 2,001,926 to 1,617,989 for "Yes".

...good...one less narcissistic arrogant asshole politico to muck up the world with imaginary dreams of self-glory...
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1317
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #6 on: 01:09 20-Sep-2014 »

...good...one less narcissistic arrogant asshole politico to muck up the world with imaginary dreams of self-glory...

But...Gordon Brown has got his groove back!  An unlikely hero, but villain to most... Well all Brit Expats on the board,  Mr. "No" Doctors the "Better together" camp to Victory:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/09/19/dour-ex-leader-gordon-brown-returns-to-stage-with-bang-rouses-scots-against/