Author Topic: USD to UAH  (Read 179 times)

Offline Drathaar

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 56
  • -Receive: 27
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
USD to UAH
« on: 17:01 27-Dec-2019 »
Does anyone know why the exchange rate is dropping? I saw a prediction it will be down to 22 in January. The US economy is booming, so it should be going the other way.

Online gregorycrs

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 35
  • I'm new here - but you don't need to be gentle!
Re: USD to UAH
« Reply #1 on: 19:05 27-Dec-2019 »
Don't know why but can definitely feel the difference in buying power compared to this time a year ago!

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3110
  • -Receive: 4833
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #2 on: 19:55 27-Dec-2019 »
The rate has nothing to do on how good the US is booming, it is based on how well Ukraine is doing....the UAH is the fastest growing currency against the $ in the world right now. Investments in Ukraine and a rising economy will drip it into the 22 range. However the Ukrainians can control a little of it by adjusting some investments etc.

Try this guy  https://www.ubn.news/  and also get a daily email with highlights. Good info.

i.e. from today:

🔵Trying to break the hryvnia?s rise, the central bank bought $700 million worth of foreign exchange on Thursday ? its largest purchase of the year. In one day, the National Bank of Ukraine bought the equivalent of 10% of all currency bought to date, raising net purchases to $7.5 billion. The operation succeeded in weakening the hryvnia by three kopiyok, to today?s rate of 23.29 to the dollar.
🔵Oleg Churiy, first deputy governor of the central bank, writes on the NBU Facebook page: ?Strengthening of the hryvnia is a completely logical phenomenon in the context of accelerated economic growth, a rapid slowdown in inflation. and a decline in government debt to GDP. Taking advantage of the favorable situation, the National Bank continues to replenish international reserves.?
« Last Edit: 20:00 27-Dec-2019 by Fraucha »
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Drathaar

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 56
  • -Receive: 27
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #3 on: 20:29 27-Dec-2019 »
I'm going to start feeling it soon. I remember reading a few years ago that Ukraine wanted to keep the rate around 25 UAH to the dollar. I liked that.