Author Topic: Beginners Guide to Land/House/Apartment Purchases  (Read 7156 times)

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3110
  • -Receive: 4833
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Re: Beginners Guide to Land/House/Apartment Purchases
« Reply #15 on: 15:06 01-Jun-2014 »
FFS - Americans are still the only ones to be using the old imperial system. :)

Don't forget forks in the right hand  ::)
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 501
  • -Receive: 341
« Reply #16 on: 19:46 01-Jun-2014 »
Imperial - I was forced to use this antiquated silly system despite Metric being so much better & cleaner for measuring & scaling blueprints [+everything else]. Funny thing is the US government uses Metric on DOT projects like bridge design but everyone else sticks to ft-in.

1'-2 5/8" versus 37.15 ...which is simpler  ;)

1 L water weighs 1 KG seems pretty clean system of measurement  ;)

Townhomes:
I don't doubt there are less expensive townhouses. I am only relating the numbers on units I physically looked at. The townhouse we did a walk through on was nicer than some of those ones where the front door opens on to the street :)

I guess disclaimers at the beginning of posts are not read.
TL;DR maybe?

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3110
  • -Receive: 4833
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #17 on: 05:17 02-Jun-2014 »
Not to derail the topic (shocker, I know) but drug dealers in the US always use the Metric system, thereby upholding the world standard and keeping our children in the metric loop. Like old school Soviet Communists, the old folks in the USA using Imperial will soon die out.  NWO !!!!

Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Glyn Thomas.

• All this work and I get called:
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 717
  • -Receive: 2028
    • Kiev Life
« Reply #18 on: 08:10 02-Jun-2014 »
Errr - back to topic please.. apartments and houses.

For my two penw'orth (thats about a quarter of a gramme) never buy off plan. The system in Kyiv is this:

Build marketing suite....to
Sell apartments big discount to fund....
The foundations that show work has started and encourage....
More cheap sales which fund....
superstructure which show it emerging like a butterfly and encourages...
more sales slightly higher that finance ...
the cheap white plastic windows in brickwork and the land purchase
yet...
yet..
sometimes the sales don't cover completion as nobody really understand spreadsheets and WTF is a project schedule
So the developer leaves with his remaining money and builds a marketing suite on another piece of land.
I am the shadow of the waxwing slain.. by the false azure of the windowpane...

Offline dazure

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 20
« Reply #19 on: 17:09 03-Nov-2014 »
I decided to build a house here rather buy an apartment so 2 years ago I bought 705m2 of land in Odessa. Finally last week the foundations for the house were completed. It has been a tough couple of years in the mines in Western Australia with projects put on hold or cancelled because of the drop in prices of, especially iron ore and a retraction in the Chinese building market. 

There are a lot of procedures and documents necessary when beginning the building of a house.
Fortunately my friends here, a Ukrainian husband and wife, last year had to go through all these procedures for themselves so I get the benefits and the savings of their experiences.
Together they are a tour de force.

My old friend is fluent in English she is a translator and interpreter and I met her when first I visited here some years ago. Her husband works in building and knows many people in different trades and he handled the construction of the foundations.

On this visit just the foundations, water and power.

The procedures are somewhat complicated and also bank rules only allow me to withdraw a small amount of dollars from my account at one time. The bank staff are very good, they do not make these rules.

Other procedures: I went to a notary for necessary legalised copies of certain of my documents.

The design of the house for the application for a building permit (on a visit last year I did this on my laptop with advice on building requirements for a (small) 2 story, 3 bedroom house from my friend and then shown to an engineer for his comments) along with the copies of the other necessary documents was used for this application. Note; the permit will not be issued for another week. Lots of people start work before they make an application but it is cheaper in the long run if you get this application in early, as my friends found from their own experience.

Tick off the list documents necessary for water and power applications; take 3 copies of everything, some of which are legalised copies from a notary, and off to the departments of water and power at Tairove and Illichivsk villages for necessary permits. We will return there shortly for other procedures.
Next week we will have a price for the power pole to bring the power across to my side of the road.

The foundations and the water supply were completed in 5 days. I now have a pile of receipts and videos of the building work. So far, the procedure this time has taken 2 and half weeks.
Some time to relax a little bit and go back to reading the news on tsn.ua every 5 minutes and being alternatively angry and worried about the invasion.
« Last Edit: 17:11 03-Nov-2014 by dazure »

Offline P-N

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 634
  • -Receive: 2266
  • Cogito Ergo Sum
    • Odessatalk
« Reply #20 on: 20:15 03-Nov-2014 »
Welcome home (ish) Rusty my old friend!  :)
"When surrounded by the dark void of the willfully blind, it does not excuse those that are a spark of light their duty to shine" - Me

Offline dazure

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 26
  • -Receive: 20
« Reply #21 on: 20:43 04-Nov-2014 »
Giday P-N its good to be back :)