Expatriate Cafe > Leisure, nightlife and sport

Brown sugar or molasses

(1/4) > >>

Drathaar:
I've been trying for days to find brown sugar to make an apple pie for Thanksgiving. As its already passed, I failed. Then I learned how to make it, very easy - 1 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp of molasses. My wife has never heard of molasses so I'm guessing that will be hard to find as well. Silpo his "brown sugar" but that's exactly what it is, regular sugar ala natural. Expensive too. Alla has never had apple pie, hard to believe. She hasn't had pumpkin pie either, but that's beyond my ability. Any idea if either are available here?

jbenet:
Real brown sugar is hard to find, only seen in gourmet food places, very expensive...  :'(

Jdive:
Molasses is hard to find here, are you in Odessa? If so I have found one store that "occasionally" carries it.  Pumpkin pie is very easy here in Ukraine.  I've developed a recipe that works great with the ingredients readily available.  If you would like a recipe just send me a pm and I'll help you out.  It's not difficult at all.

Drathaar:

--- Quote from: Jdive on 10:16 28-Nov-2015 ---Molasses is hard to find here, are you in Odessa? If so I have found one store that "occasionally" carries it.  Pumpkin pie is very easy here in Ukraine.  I've developed a recipe that works great with the ingredients readily available.  If you would like a recipe just send me a pm and I'll help you out.  It's not difficult at all.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I'm in Odessa and I'd love the pumpkin pie recipe. I'll try and whip that up for Christmas  :)

taijeronv:
Molasses in Odessa.

Where?

I've looked for "real" brown sugar as well, no luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version