Author Topic: Travelling to Europe? Canadians and Americans may require visas soon  (Read 2775 times)

Offline cc3

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 541
  • -Receive: 812
Although more than two years old, this article discussing the 'investability-worthiness' of airline shares, is still applicable to today's market and industry conditions:

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/when-to-invest-in-commercial-airlines/5007

Parenthetically, I advised my son, several years ago, to buy Hawaiian Airlines stock. He just recently sold his HA for more than 800% gain. Presently, HA is not a timely investment, due to exceptionally high valuation compared to the major international carriers. Of all the major airlines (US), UAL is most excessively undervalued (possibly best chance for appreciation). I trade in and out of airlines more or less as a retirement hobby, having been in the industry for 29 years.
"But if history teaches anything, it teaches that simpleminded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."

Ronald Reagan

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 336
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
A good read that publication/analysis. But it is like that with any investment, find the right moment to buy and find the right moment to sell ... every investment today has become risky with corporate values totally blown out of proportion.