Author Topic: Right wing parties unstoppable in europe?  (Read 2705 times)

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 336
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Right wing parties unstoppable in europe?
« Reply #15 on: 16:45 08-Apr-2016 »
Germany also pays more than what its getting back ... Certainly EU would still trade with UK but on a different level. UK products will get more expensive due to customs taxes. In case of a BREXIT UK will no longer be part of the EU market and will no longer benefit from tax exemptions. You cannot decide to leave a union and still wanting to benefit from it. The same if you decide not to be part of your countries social system but continue to take the benefits ...

You'd better take a close look at who wants to convince the people about demolishing EU. It is done by extremists of different political color. Mostly right wing. Demolition of EU is what the Kremlin-based midget wants and if that happens he has succeeded. Because then there will be no force to stop him.

Ultimately we should all try to improve and reform if necessary. Demolishing EU is not an improvement at all. That is just pure egoism of some demagogues. If the people of Great Britain think that leaving EU will lead to reforms then so may it be. We will see what happens then. I predict it is very risky. But travellers should no be stopped.

EU has many flaws but also many advantages. I remember the times when there was borders and plenty of different currencies ... In a Union the stronger help the weaker that is the principle of every modern society. However some demagogues are teaching the people to be more egoistic and to slash this union. And not to help its neighbors (like Ukraine). Is that what you want? Kill the union and back to mickey mouse states? No more solidarity? If people get killed on our front door ... who cares?

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1001
  • -Receive: 1318
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #16 on: 20:35 08-Apr-2016 »
Trade was the practical reason for the EU, but ending centuries of war was the dream of One Europe.  But, Western Europeans no longer believe that war could happen between their own countries, even without the EU... or NATO.

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 336
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #18 on: 04:22 10-Apr-2016 »
What just came into my mind ...

Let the british people decide to listen to right wing nationalists like Farage and his UKIP. Let the UK quit the EU and quit solidarity.  What next? Let the French listen to Marine Le Pen and let France exit the EU and solidarity. Let Polish decide to exit because this is what Kaczinsky wants. Lets listen to Geert Wilders and let the Dutch people quit. The next in line would be Orban in Hungary. Let Greece collapse. Let Portugal and Spain collapse because there will be no more solidarity. And so on. What would be the effect? The game of Domino?

If one country is allowed to exit dont you think it will encourage the others who are just waiting for the occasion? What would happen if the EU falls apart. If Greece or Spain fail? The british financial industry is one of the biggest in europe and has excessively borrowed money to other countries and other banks. That is their business. Now if lenders cant pay back any more. What would happen to the british financial industry? Whilst we are on the move demolishing the union lets continue and dump Ukraine as there would be nobody left to support this country if nationalism and egoism prevails elsewhere. Ukraine will be taken over by Russia in no time and the Kremlin-based midget will be very happy. Of course the expats and their wives have nothing to fear as they can simply escape to their motherland. But what if there will suddenly be millions of refugees from Ukraine knocking on Polands door (because of russian agression)?

A union of any kind costs money and some kind of independence. That is in the nature of a union and solidarity. So lets slash this union because there is a price to pay. What next? What is the plan of Nigel Farage, Marine Le Pen, Frauke Petry Kaczinsky and other demagogues? What is their proposed plan for the future of us? Close the borders, refuse refugees from war stricken countries. If need be with gun force. Can you imagine what happens when we see the first images of mothers with children being shot dead because they want to enter the union and seek asylum? From tear gar to gun shots is is just a small step ... Or will they be allowed in? How can we effectively close borders to refugees? Reality says its impossible.

And when it is so easy to slash a union and solidarity, why not slash the british, french and other social security systems because any security system, any solidarity, any union has a price to pay ...

Where will we end up? If Europe is shattererd? If britain decides to leave the Union? It is quite easy to decide over this and to listen to such demagogues. And allow manipulated referendums. In the land of cheese (Netherlands) just like in crimea ... It takes much effort to build such a union and it is an ongoing process to improve and further develop. But it does not take much to fail. And for sure it is a game of domino because countries and banks are so much interwoven these days. The Lehman disaster stands as proof.

I say we should do everything to save and improve this precious plant called European Union rather than listening to demagogues who have no expertise and no plan for our future.
« Last Edit: 10:50 10-Apr-2016 by frank1010 »