Author Topic: Streaming Video from AMAZON  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
Streaming Video from AMAZON
« on: 06:27 30-Oct-2016 »
I was streaming a video (The Lost Room) using my Debit Card from the USA with a USA home address. This week I decided to watch the last 2 hour episode and also switched my payment method to DirectExpress.....the video was declined because I was in Ukraine. DirectExpress is also a USA based card...but it lists my home address as the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv.

After a discussion with Amazon, we determined that they will only stream to USA and Guam etc. but not to other foreign countries. Ok. BUT the deal is they only check the HOME ADDRESS of the user first. So, yes, Americans can stream Amazon video into Ukraine if you use your USA issued Credit or Debit Card and your home address is listed in the USA. Of course they will block streaming if your card is issued to a foreign bank, even if YOUR home address is in the USA.

Just a small loophole in their services if there is something you wanna rent or buy and download while living here. Rental is cheap.

------REDACTED---------

« Last Edit: 06:28 17-Nov-2016 by Fraucha »

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 338
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Streaming Video from AMAZON
« Reply #1 on: 09:23 30-Oct-2016 »
Mornin fraucha, how is this streaming realised? Thru webbrowser? Hence i suppose this amazon streaming includes geoblocking which can be tricked very easily. Just install the latest free opera webbrowser which includes a free VPN and set your IP (or location) to USA. then it should work without a hitch and no considerable reduction in download speed ... 
« Last Edit: 09:44 30-Oct-2016 by frank1010 »

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 10:00 30-Oct-2016 »
Web. They don't geo block as I can still stream using my USA based home address on one of my atm cards.

Offline cc3

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 543
  • -Receive: 812
« Reply #3 on: 22:41 30-Oct-2016 »
Get a US IP address based server connection provided by a free, or inexpensive VPN service (mine's about $4/month; works flawlessly), subscribe to Netflix (about $10/month), enjoy multitude of movies, old TV shows, or album music videos. My wife and I watch two or three episodes of "Cheers" at a time when the mood moves us...I've taken her half-way through the 11 year run of that show ("Frasier" is next on the menu, after she finishes "Cheers")...she loves it and watching it is steadily educating her about common, non-elitist US culture, and giving her an exposure to American sense of humor (at least as it was in the 1980's - so many non-PC references are in those episodes).
« Last Edit: 22:56 01-Nov-2016 by cc3 »
"But if history teaches anything, it teaches that simpleminded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."

Ronald Reagan

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 338
« Reply #4 on: 00:15 01-Nov-2016 »
As I mentioned the cheapest and easiest would be the latest opera webbrowser which comes with a built in VPN (free of charge) and the best is, no speed reduction. And you can chose your location. US, Germany, France, Netherlands ... etc.

Carlusha

« Reply #5 on: 09:48 01-Nov-2016 »
As I mentioned the cheapest and easiest would be the latest opera webbrowser which comes with a built in VPN (free of charge) and the best is, no speed reduction. And you can chose your location. US, Germany, France, Netherlands ... etc.

Agreed, it is perfect for US but, alas dear friends, it doesn't have a UK IP address available ............ yet!  :(

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 12:16 01-Nov-2016 »

Agreed, it is perfect for US but, alas dear friends, it doesn't have a UK IP address available ............ yet!  :(

BREXIT or BrIPBlock  ???

Offline CaroTravs

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #7 on: 23:33 21-Feb-2017 »
Has anyone ever tried to watch iPlayer? I've been making do but there are a few BBC things I'm craving. Apparently using a VPN works https://securethoughts.com/3-best-vpns-for-bbc-iplayer/  but forgive me for being skeptical about it!

Carlusha

« Reply #8 on: 09:04 22-Feb-2017 »
Has anyone ever tried to watch iPlayer? I've been making do but there are a few BBC things I'm craving. Apparently using a VPN works https://securethoughts.com/3-best-vpns-for-bbc-iplayer/  but forgive me for being skeptical about it!

The iPlayer works perfectly using a reliable VPN, as do any of the other of the UK players from ITV, Channels 4 and 5 etc. However, why not try:

FilmOn

or access via FaceBook:

FilmOn on FaceBook