Author Topic: Low risk Dating sites  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Re: Low risk Dating sites
« Reply #15 on: 10:44 28-Nov-2017 »
Define QUALITY, that is a pretty wide area.

See, I like this comment here.  That's how my brain works too.  "Define QUALITY."   I like that.
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2448
  • -Receive: 1860
« Reply #16 on: 14:03 28-Nov-2017 »
Was looking for the PIN IT option, but perhaps it requires a higher pay-grade than lowly Moderator.   ;D

"You've got to be sharper than your tools"   ::)

It's pinned.  ;)
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4011
  • -Receive: 1729
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #17 on: 17:39 28-Nov-2017 »
Was looking for the PIN IT option, but perhaps it requires a higher pay-grade than lowly Moderator.   ;D

"You've got to be sharper than your tools"   ::)

It's pinned.  ;)

Yep Papa handled it fer me.  Try as I might I could not find the pin it/STICKY Thread button. 

Ask me about CAS stuff tho and I'm yer Huckleberry.     :D :D
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 501
  • -Receive: 341
« Reply #18 on: 19:00 28-Nov-2017 »
IT would seem like with VK.COM it would be an easy way to meet people, they have plenty of dating groups as well as groups by interest.

Best of all it is free and you are truly meeting random people, less likely to get a scammer (By trade anyway :D)

Isn't VK blocked by ISPs originating in Ukraine?
Maybe a VPN can bypass but I have not looked in to that.

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #19 on: 19:41 28-Nov-2017 »
IT would seem like with VK.COM it would be an easy way to meet people, they have plenty of dating groups as well as groups by interest.

Best of all it is free and you are truly meeting random people, less likely to get a scammer (By trade anyway :D)

Isn't VK blocked by ISPs originating in Ukraine?
Maybe a VPN can bypass but I have not looked in to that.

Why bother?

Btw, just checked and freepersonals,ru still works bez VPN.  Even so, its mostly the same gals (not all but mostly) as on Fdating.com. And most of them are serious gals (FSU and elsewhere round the globe) looking for love.

Hell, I even dated a UA gal from Kherson when I was in Maine.  She was in a nursing program there.
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline sosednik

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 106
  • -Receive: 286
  • Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!
« Reply #20 on: 09:50 29-Nov-2017 »
I missed this topic, when it first appeared.

Because I spent way too much time with dating websites over the years, I gathered some knowledge and experience along the way ...

The site with the best reputation (at least, when I joined it) was elenasmodels.com.  Don't let the silly name put you off -- it's a real dating site with all kinds of women, the great majority of them from the former Soviet Union.  They have a higher standard of policing than any other FSU dating site I know of.

By way of comparison, ukrainedate.com is actually quite efficient at kicking scammers off their site ... but I would estimate that dozens of new scam profiles are added each day, and men get bombarded with messages from "women" whose profiles are a few hours old, and will be gone within a day.

In other words, they kick them off, but they don't prevent them from creating profiles.

The rate of comparable activity on elenasmodels is at most a few percent of that, so I guess they are exercising more scrutiny of new profiles for women.

That being said, these caveats:

1.  There is still a fraction of scammers -- cleaner doesn't mean sanitized!

2.  Aside from actual scammers, there are lots of profiles (especially those representing very young women) who evidently have no serious intention.

With experience, you can learn to identify serious profiles with pretty good accuracy.

Using the site costs money for men, and is free for women.  Women have the option of presenting identity documents to elenasmodels, and their profiles show whether identity has been verified in this way.

For what it's worth, an American friend of mine met his Russian wife (I've lost track of the calendar, but I think they're married at least 7 years now) via the site.

And it's the place where my fiancee and I found each other.

To any man who decides to pursue such a course, keep your wits about you ... and good luck!

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #21 on: 10:32 29-Nov-2017 »
Thanks for the update.

Back in 2008 when I began my search Elena's was one of the best pay sites out there and was a source for a lot of info about FSU gals. 

I heard that after Elena sold the company a few years ago, it went the way of all too many pay sites in that they were more concerned with profits than clients' happiness.

Offline sosednik

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 106
  • -Receive: 286
  • Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!
« Reply #22 on: 11:22 29-Nov-2017 »
@Tnic:

As I recall, I started on elenasmodels the same year as you.

As far as I could see, when I last used the site in 2015, it was as well patrolled for scammers as previously.

What did change, was that they let go of IMBRA compliance, instead taking the position that they're exempt from IMBRA (I believe they reduced their services in order to support the exemption); and they completely re-designed the web interface in a way that broke things pretty badly.

Among other web problems, the search function was wrecked, and stayed wrecked.  In order to make the search by which I found my girl, I wrote some software to "scrape" a large number of profiles, and then searched for what I was looking for on my own computer ... it took about a day.

That being said, their customer service was friendly and responded within a day when a few billing-related glitches came up.

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #23 on: 16:10 29-Nov-2017 »
I never used Elena's except for all the info they had up. 

I found a great forum (Russianmeetingplace) linked on their info pages and that's how I progressed from there, eventually becoming one of the Admins there (RMP).  The forum owner eventually lost interest in maintaining the site and RMP ceased to exist when the hosting bill came due.

I used Fiance.com the first time then went with the free sites after that.

IIRC the new ownership was based in Australia so that may be how they escaped the IMBRA clutches.

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 93
« Reply #24 on: 12:31 27-Dec-2017 »
What I dont understand is how pay sites stay in business.
Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #25 on: 12:50 27-Dec-2017 »
What I dont understand is how pay sites stay in business.

There is a fool born every minute.
The quest for love makes fools out of people.
Low overhead costs to keep site going, some ad revenue. 
Sponsorship by the hotels, tour agencies, restaurants, and every other profit seeker in the food chain.
« Last Edit: 12:52 27-Dec-2017 by Reggie »
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2448
  • -Receive: 1860
« Reply #26 on: 16:51 27-Dec-2017 »
That and they charge thru the nose for letter tranbslations and even more for a translator/ tour guide if and when there is a visit.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline Remington

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 216
  • -Receive: 190
« Reply #27 on: 02:04 30-Dec-2017 »
I'm currently dating an Armenian girl from Elenasmodels.  Their services are far better than any other sites I've seen.  I had successes with that site before so no complaints.

If you're looking for girls to chat, play games or have sex... look elsewhere.  Girls on Elenasmodels are looking for serious suitors only.

I'm sure some of you have heard of Anastasia website.  STAY AWAY!  I met my former wife from that site 10 years ago.  They used to be good but now they're too greedy and many girls are fake.  Most girls are paid models for Anastasia while employees or translators write letters with NO intention of meeting the suitors.  It's a time and money waster.
« Last Edit: 02:14 30-Dec-2017 by Remington »

Online Tnic

• Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #28 on: 06:06 30-Dec-2017 »
Yep AnastasiaWeb pretty much leads the charge of pay per letter scam sites.  They're based in Bangor the last I heard and I knew a guy from there who actually went to meet several girls thru them, never heard that he had found The One tho.

There are some good monthly flat fee sites like Fiance and Elena's out there, but even with them you have to know what to look for and how to spot a scammer.

Best of luck with your gal Rem.

Offline ashflash

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 15
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #29 on: 01:14 14-Jan-2018 »
mamba.ru is the most low risk dating site ever with a lot of quality women
bulshtttttt its full of whores , badoo is much better