Author Topic: APA......in UA????  (Read 1119 times)

Tnic

APA......in UA????
« on: 16:03 09-Dec-2016 »
Imagine my surprise when perusing the local Billa supermarket and I spied the acronym APA on a beer label!

If you're a fan of IPAs and APAs as I am then you might be pleasantly surprised too.

Zyweis produces a very passable APA (American Pale Ale).  Not quite as citrus(y) tasting as a bold IPA, but it does do the job.

Carlusha

Re: APA......in UA????
« Reply #1 on: 17:31 09-Dec-2016 »
You might find this interesting enough to whet the appetite for some Ukrainian IPA

Tnic's - What's brewing in Ukraine

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1605
  • -Receive: 1502
« Reply #2 on: 17:50 09-Dec-2016 »
I love pale ales. They go down smooth, quick and easy.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Carlusha

« Reply #3 on: 01:27 10-Dec-2016 »

Agreed and so moreish to boot!   8)

Tnic

« Reply #4 on: 04:51 10-Dec-2016 »

An icey cold IPA/APA on a hot summer day is hard to beat.

Tnic

« Reply #5 on: 05:04 10-Dec-2016 »
You might find this interesting enough to whet the appetite for some Ukrainian IPA

Very interesting read, thanks Carl.

"Sourcing ingredients is an ongoing problem for brewing craft beer in Ukraine."  Yeah, tell me about it. 

Moonshine and home wine?  Ne problema.  You wanna brew your own pivo?  Za CHEM???  I got the same incredulous looks when searching for a meat thermometer.

Offline cc3

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 543
  • -Receive: 812
« Reply #6 on: 05:26 10-Dec-2016 »

"Sourcing ingredients is an ongoing problem for brewing craft beer in Ukraine."  Yeah, tell me about it. 

Moonshine and home wine?  Ne problema.  You wanna brew your own pivo?  Za CHEM???  I got the same incredulous looks when searching for a meat thermometer.

I don't know about that. The 'Pravda Beer Theater' in Lviv, with its American brewmaster (Corey M), produces excellent craft beers, fully, in my view, comparable with the best craft brewers in the US.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g295377-d8498691-Reviews-Pravda_Beer_Theatre-Lviv_Lviv_Oblast.html
"But if history teaches anything, it teaches that simpleminded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."

Ronald Reagan

Tnic

« Reply #7 on: 06:22 10-Dec-2016 »

I don't know about that. The 'Pravda Beer Theater' in Lviv, with its American brewmaster (Corey M), produces excellent craft beers, fully, in my view, comparable with the best craft brewers in the US.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g295377-d8498691-Reviews-Pravda_Beer_Theatre-Lviv_Lviv_Oblast.html

I was interested in brewing my own at one point, but finding ingredients and cobbling equipment proved to be very challenging if not impossible.  Equip. I could piece together, ingredients and the space to brew...well.....

Wish I'd known about the PBT when I was there.  Maybe if we come up for a visit.

Offline cc3

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 543
  • -Receive: 812
« Reply #8 on: 16:07 10-Dec-2016 »
It's worth the visit to the 'Far West' of UA to experience the Pravda.
"But if history teaches anything, it teaches that simpleminded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."

Ronald Reagan