Author Topic: Anyone for hunting?  (Read 1687 times)

Offline gfish

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Anyone for hunting?
« on: 08:42 04-Feb-2017 »
Hello.
I was wondering if anyone out there has experience hunting in Ukraine.  I'm interested to find a cool community of experienced hunters, or a reputable/ safe hunting club or lodge, where I can learn the sport.  Always wanted to get into it.

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1605
  • -Receive: 1502
Re: Anyone for hunting?
« Reply #1 on: 09:12 04-Feb-2017 »
Hello.
I was wondering if anyone out there has experience hunting in Ukraine.  I'm interested to find a cool community of experienced hunters, or a reputable/ safe hunting club or lodge, where I can learn the sport.  Always wanted to get into it.

I used to love to hunt in the US but in Ukraine it is a waste of time. There is no scientific wildlife management.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1612
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #2 on: 10:44 04-Feb-2017 »

There are companies that organize hunting tours.   http://green-ukraine.com/hunting-carpathians

Prices seem inflated.   But they exist.   No experience with the one above, so use your own judgment (not an endorsement). 
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 338
« Reply #3 on: 14:19 04-Feb-2017 »
Hello.

Enroll yourself to ATO and you'll have plenty of opportunities to go hunting animals/terrorists. And the best is ... its for free .... just a bit risky. But life itself is a risk isn't it?

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 14:43 04-Feb-2017 »
Hello.

Enroll yourself to ATO and you'll have plenty of opportunities to go hunting animals/terrorists. And the best is ... its for free .... just a bit risky. But life itself is a risk isn't it?

Geneva and Hague conventions don't allow you to take home trophiesn unfortunately.

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #5 on: 17:04 04-Feb-2017 »
Hello.

Geneva and Hague conventions don't allow you to take home trophiesn unfortunately.

fingers or ears .......if you don't get caught

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 17:52 04-Feb-2017 »
Hello.

fingers or ears .......if you don't get caught

I want the skull of a some dead vodka drinker to use as an ashtray.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1612
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #7 on: 19:06 04-Feb-2017 »
I want the skull of a some dead vodka drinker to use as an ashtray.

You will need a blue stamp for that.   
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 20:07 04-Feb-2017 »
geneva cnventions don't allow you to take home trophiesn unfortunately.

Russia doesn't care so why should Ukraine .... At least the eastern terrorists are not regilar combattants and them russky soldiers are inexistant as said by Russia. So lets go and kill some of these inexistant green animals ... Just my 5 cents.

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 21:41 04-Feb-2017 »
geneva cnventions don't allow you to take home trophiesn unfortunately.

Russia doesn't care so why should Ukraine .... At least the eastern terrorists are not regilar combattants and them russky soldiers are inexistant as said by Russia. So lets go and kill some of these inexistant green animals ... Just my 5 cents.

So...if they aren't here, and that means the bullet into their head does or does not exist. Is this kinda like Schrodinger's cat? Bullets and the brains they land in can be explained by quantum mechanics.....
« Last Edit: 06:15 05-Feb-2017 by Fraucha »

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 00:39 05-Feb-2017 »
I'd be ready to go hunting if someone would provide me with this fine tool ...

Or this ... http://modernfirearms.net/sniper/large-caliber-sniper-rifles/rus/vks-vssk-vychlop-e.html
« Last Edit: 00:44 05-Feb-2017 by frank1010 »

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: 06:20 05-Feb-2017 »
or maybe just a bit of one upmanship on John Wayne ...
! No longer available

Offline sha

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #12 on: 12:01 06-Feb-2017 »
I think it is hard to find what you are looking for. - Wildlife management is poor and poachers are common. You do not say what kind of hunting you are looking for, but I would recommend to find the regional UHFA contact via uoor.com.ua.
I would also visit and talk with local huntingshops as well as find a local shooting range. Shoot gun or riffle according to your preference. Make some friends - have some fun and get  shooting practice and ask some questions. Getting a permit is another question.

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: 14:42 06-Feb-2017 »
Interesting post I must say. Do you have any knowledge about the procedures in Ukraine concerning shooting clubs/shooting ranges/gun permits? In Germany for example when you become member of a shooting club and after some training and certification you may get a gun permit. That is one of the exceptions how to get a gun permit. It is not like in the US ... what is the legislation here? Is there an association of shooting clubs where I could find out if such a club exists in my city?

Thanks in advance for some guidance and sorry for hijacking the topic ...

Rgds
Frank