Author Topic: How to calculate the 90 days and how they know you overstayed  (Read 5309 times)

Tnic

I thought it was already covered..

What else?   Of course you've read on here that you also risk banishment from Ukraine for up to 5 years for overstays, right?  It hasn't happened to the collective best of our knowledge but it's on the books.

I was more interested in the procedure itself... Like, is it just a simple interaction of them looking at your passport, telling you to pay a fine, you paying it right then and there, and you go on your way? Or is it like a big deal, where you miss your flight because you are locked up in a holding cell without food, water, or connection to the outside world all while a judge makes a decision on your case?

Did I say anything about a holding cell in my post on this?

Some people have already mentioned that you have to pay the fine at a bank. Is this bank inside the airport terminal? Or does the overstayer have to travel back into the city to a branch that's closed until next week?

Answered

What if the overstayer has blood relatives in Ukraine, does that exempt them from the "foreigner" label or not?

Has no bearing on your foreigner status

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
Though Tnic did not specifically address the HOLDING CELL ISSUE, there will be a body cavity search. If there is any contraband found in unsavory places or even just in your pockets...then yeah, a holding cell will be provided. They will feed you whatever the soup of the day is and some bread.
If you have relatives and you are in the holding cell, they will be allowed to give you additional food ONCE every 2 days.

If you can't pay the fine while you are there, then of course you will miss your flight, and the holding cell option becomes your new issue! The bank takes CASH DOLLARS or EUROS only btw.

Correct, so far no one has been banned. That we know of, meaning that has been reported TO THIS site. So take that for what it is worth.

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
So....another Fraucha Buzz Kill?

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
In the voice of the "Soup Nazi", " No more salo for you!
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Tnic

So....another Fraucha Buzz Kill?
:D :D :D :D

« Last Edit: 13:07 17-Jun-2017 by Tnic »

Offline somanylollipops

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 11
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Well, I did mention flights and airports. In my ignorance and self-centeredness, I thought there was only one international airport in Ukraine  :P :-X

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Officially there are about 18 or so international airports in Ukraine. Of course Donetsk and Luhansk are not in normal use at this time.   :'(
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Carlusha

Officially there are about 18 or so international airports in Ukraine. Of course Donetsk and Luhansk are not in normal use at this time.   :'(

........ and not forgetting, Simferopol, caught up in the illegal annexation of Ukraine's Crimean oblast.

Tnic

........ and not forgetting, Simferopol, caught up in the illegal annexation of Ukraine's Crimean oblast.

And if I had to choose between Zhulyanii (sp?) or Simfer I'd go with the latter.  Neither being much better than a goat shed, but it WAS nice to have a viable airport in the same city when I lived there.

Carlusha

And if I had to choose between Zhulyanii (sp?) or Simfer I'd go with the latter.  Neither being much better than a goat shed, but it WAS nice to have a viable airport in the same city when I lived there.

Goat sheds are good - peace, tranquility and a superfast check-in.

Offline KFEU2008

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
There is bank window inside terminal D where all Intl. flts go through. 

After you clear security turn left and find one of the first offices in that corridor just after the last (or first) PP control booth.  You could try asking where the passport control office is.  That should be passport control.  Tell them you need to pay the straff.  They'll take it from there.  Just tell them when your flt leaves and they'll help you get it done in time.

Having relatives won't matter.  Its all done according to the data from your PP.
For those like me note that I believe the author may be referring to Kiev airport.  I am in Depro and I do not believe there is a bank at the airport. (not 100% sure)
2% is health

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Are there international flights out of the Dnipro airport?

Offline Brudder_A

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 48
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!

I just recently flew out of Zhulyany Airport and since they had remodeled and opened the new Terminal A IMO it is a better airport than Boryspil. Unfortunately, charter and budget airlines only use this facility and not your high end connector for Western Europe. I did see that a Wizz Air plane was on the tarmac on my return.

I flew out on Dart Airlines - which only has 3 planes on an unmarked Airbus 320 with the insignia not even changed from the former Polish airlines to Tivat Airport in Montenegro.
The plane was full of sea going vacationers mostly Ukrainian but in dispersed with Belorussians.

Facilities at the airport handled the baggage drop off efficiently. Security was breeze even with two aisles. Passport control was quick and boarding even with a bus drop off to the plane staging area of the airport was organized and relatively hassle free. Restaurants are available so is Duty Free. It was clean and and to me attractive.

On return - I arrived early 10:30, baggage claim was reasonable and I didn't see any interest in the customs officers at all, although puppy dogs were around sniffin' in the area.

Parking and picks are convenient especially for Uber and the costs are more favourable from this airport!

Dart Airlines have had some problems with tour operators bucking and not paying for the clients leaving passengers in Tenerife and Alicante stranded so passengers flying on them should beware and prepared for such a situation.

I would fly out of Dzhlyuany over Borispol if I could - but destinations are not all convenient.

Carlusha

Are there international flights out of the Dnipro airport?

Of course! The people responsible should update the airport name in English to DNIPRO.

http://dnk.aero/en/page/raspisanie/