Expatriate Life > Accommodation - relocation...

Hotels in Ukraine - I recommend

(1/3) > >>

Darren Jones:
KHARKOV

I am my wife are going to have our first baby in Kharkov and have brought a package at a clinic there so we have been travelling every 3-4 weeks and have been staying in various hotels. Here are my favourites.

My favourite (It is ideal to have a car however if you do not mind a small walk and the metro then these are fine)

DeGaulle - A really high quality hotel, we normally stay in one of the junior suites. Staff are a very high standard and the rooms are very quite. The breckfast can be brought to your room at no extra charge and is the best hotel breckfast I have had in any Ukrainian hotel. There is a small resturant and the warm salads are excellent. The menu is small however even when we do not stay here we normally visit for a meal, the quality never dissapoints me.
There is a carpark close where the police allow people to do what they want so you will get the occasional sound of reving and tyre squeel some evenings however no louder than the brakes on a yellow city bus.  http://degaulle.com.ua/en/junior-suite-double/

-----

Joint favourite with Degaulle is Nadia hotel. We were always pushed to this hotel on booking.com however did not book as the hotel name gave us the that feeling of the small village shop named after the owners daughter. It was a mistake as this hotel was a suprise. Have stayed in both the Venice and Madrid suite, the space is huge and in the Venice you get a full glass front so it is very light and nice to wake up in that room. Staff are very good, there is one short women who seems to never sleep, by far the best receptionist I have met in Ukraine.

The downside is the resturant and breckfast is not close to Degaulle. The other issue is the heating is not great so stay away in Winter.
What makes this hotel my joint favourite is they have an indoor pool and Spa which you hire per hour to yourself. The pool is 9-10 meters so good enough to strech out in. The cost is 80uah per hour with your own changing room, showers, lockers ect. One night we came back from a meal (At degaulle a 4 minute walk away) at around 10pm and asked if it was possible to have a swim. It was booked until 11pm when it closes however the security guard agreed to lock it up later for no extra charge and so we had the whole Spa and pool from 11pm-1am   :) Also did not care that I had a big bag of food and drinks from the nearest suermarket. http://nadia-hotel.com.ua/hotel-rooms.html

-----

After staying out of the center for a while, with summer close we decided to go more central and have found the Reikartz very good. I like this location a lot from a walking point of view, the hotel is on an old street that is a bit worn down yet a lot of character. Breckfast is very good and the French resturant currently has an actual living French chef. Stayed in the classic double and I was not dissapointed. They hire bikes for 80uah a day also. http://reikartz.com/en/hotels/kharkov

If you want a romantic break then Degaulle is the best, if you do not have a car then go for Reikartz. If your staying for a long period then go for Nadia and use their facilities (Also have a small gym and billiards)

Jay:
Thanks for that --interesting. :)
UAH 1380 is price I see in link --is that one night? in May?
How many people ?

On Reikartz -- it is part of a chain all across Ukraine and I have stayed in quite a few of them! They are my fall back whenever I need on short notice( or too tired or  lazy to think !!) and I can recommend for decent quality and very competitive pricing. The breakfast included is second to none and caters for different styles ( no baked beans !!)  -- and it is cheap for non staying guest/s to be included , ( UAH80 ) !  Also bottomless coffee!

It is a good idea for a thread -- places to stay,vacation destinations (in UKR I mean !!) favourite places.
I have a few I love --one in Kherson with a fantastic chef ( I wonder if he is still there !)

Also-- congrats on the baby--hope all goes well  ;D

Darren Jones:

--- Quote from: Jay on 10:57 22-May-2017 ---Thanks for that --interesting. :)
UAH 1380 is price I see in link --is that one night? in May?
How many people ?

On Reikartz -- it is part of a chain all across Ukraine and I have stayed in quite a few of them! They are my fall back whenever I need on short notice( or too tired or  lazy to think !!) and I can recommend for decent quality and very competitive pricing. The breakfast included is second to none and caters for different styles ( no baked beans !!)  -- and it is cheap for non staying guest/s to be included , ( UAH80 ) !  Also bottomless coffee!

It is a good idea for a thread -- places to stay,vacation destinations (in UKR I mean !!) favourite places.
I have a few I love --one in Kherson with a fantastic chef ( I wonder if he is still there !)

Also-- congrats on the baby--hope all goes well  ;D

--- End quote ---

Yes your right about Reikartz, I have stayed in Zhytomyr and Mikolaiv(Stunning destination).

All three I posted are for two people, I am happy with Degaulle and Nadia at around 1400uah as the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Reikarts is a smaller room however great destination.

Maybe I will change the thread name to Hotels in Ukraine and then put Kharkov in bold at the top of my post

Carlusha:

--- Quote from: Darren Jones on 11:46 22-May-2017 ---
Maybe I will change the thread name to Hotels in Ukraine and then put Kharkov in bold at the top of my post

--- End quote ---

Good idea - topic has been set to STICKY!

Darren Jones:
ZHYTOMYR

First in the timber industry and now in the Biomass industry I always found myself in Zhytomyr. Very industrial town, however recently have had longer stays so staying in hotels and exploring the city. Very impressed.
There is a really nice park with original well kept soviet fair rides

I reccomend walking along Staryi Blvd, plenty of nice resturants and cafes. Very nice in Spring and you will eventually see..

From there just keep walking down hill until you get to the foot bridge over the river, very high and a good 3-400 meters long with a stunning view.

Hotelwise...

Reikartz is very good, nice location however for me the best is Hotel Dodo.

Dodo is not central but for me it is great becuase it is a 5 minute walk from the factory I buy from and in Zhytomyr you will not pay more than 50uah for a taxi anywhere. The Suite rooms are huge and I would not change a thing. The staff numbers is very small but very dedicated to each guest. They also have a Spa free to use for hotel Guests. Resturant is very big and has a good, large menu (also very cheap).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version