Author Topic: Expat T Shirt  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 501
  • -Receive: 341
Re: Expat T Shirt
« Reply #30 on: 09:59 13-Jun-2017 »
WHAT IS AN EXPAT?
It's an immigrant, but a bit more white, a bit more wealthy and with a bit more options to go back "home"
That is a stereotype and not at all accurate. Caucasians (a person from the Caucasus.
"the Caucasians of Southern Russia") are not white skinned (more cappuccino skin , nor are the many African people who settled here. Not sure about their financial status but I don't think many wealthy expats are standing in schwarma stands day in and day out or selling sneakers in the local bazaar. Just because there is an option to go home does not necessarily mean it should be considered. Out of the drying pan and in to the fire sometimes.
I think that's my point exactly... Would you ever call these "Southern Russia caucasians" Expat ? Or immigrant ? (if they are poor & can't even go back home)

I see what you are saying. Good point.

Offline Aussieuke

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • Born in Australia of Ukrainian parents.
    • AUSSIEUKE
« Reply #31 on: 03:38 15-Jun-2017 »
I noted the idea and find it useful in some measure. To those who object or look for alternatives like something in Ukrainian why not travel to Ukraine and buy yourself a t-shirt with Ukrainian print on it.I have a Kozatskumu Rodu t-shirt with Hymn for Ukraine on the back which I wear to the local shopping mall.Eye catching with the menacing Kozak on the front and every now and then a question from people walking up behind asking what language is that.Then again, I live in Australia which is as multicultural as they come with expats everywhere.So not uncommon to see differing signage on shirts.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3113
  • -Receive: 4838
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #32 on: 04:20 15-Jun-2017 »
I noted the idea and find it useful in some measure. To those who object or look for alternatives like something in Ukrainian why not travel to Ukraine and buy yourself a t-shirt with Ukrainian print on it.I have a Kozatskumu Rodu t-shirt with Hymn for Ukraine on the back which I wear to the local shopping mall.Eye catching with the menacing Kozak on the front and every now and then a question from people walking up behind asking what language is that.Then again, I live in Australia which is as multicultural as they come with expats everywhere.So not uncommon to see differing signage on shirts.

Because most of the crap we buy HERE in Ukraine has screwed up Chinglish on it.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #33 on: 04:22 15-Jun-2017 »
Because most of the crap we buy HERE in Ukraine has screwed up Chinglish on it.

« Last Edit: 04:53 15-Jun-2017 by Reggie »
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸