Author Topic: Where to go for beach vacation?  (Read 2531 times)

Offline speibl

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 50
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Where to go for beach vacation?
« Reply #30 on: 21:06 15-Jun-2017 »
Check out Koblevo: We were there at the beginning of June
But never ever during high season (July-August): Too dirty, too crowded, too noisy.

Offline GalinaEVA

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #31 on: 16:09 16-Jun-2017 »
Yuzhne is a port city in Odessa Oblast. Clean Beach and not so many tourists.

Carlusha

« Reply #32 on: 07:53 17-Jun-2017 »
Just an interesting photo article I happened upon earlier this morning. No recommendations, just Odessa's beaches in photos. Some examples there as to how beach front developments assume questionable ownership of the promenade and the beach itself.

From Lanzheron to the Gold Coast: a large photo review of Odessa beaches

mayak.org.ua

Tnic

« Reply #33 on: 17:36 29-Jun-2017 »
We found a sand beach!  IN UKRAINE.   :D  Spent a lovely time there with friends and I got a bit too much sun, but all in all it was terrific.

Dis be da place
http://goo.gl/maps/vuhz3C5Ud5y

The large sandy looking patch on the east is all sand cliffs  and over grown with sedge.  The little strip just the the east of it however, is very nice (with burrowed nests for a healthy colony of cliff swallows).  And its quite clean and well cared for.

When we left around 1230 (we got there at 9 ish) there were perhaps 20 people, mostly families.  It was interesting just watching the swallows skimming the lake surface and snatching bugs.

They have several cabanas available for 250 UAH, lounge chairs, a cafe, changing stations, a water slide and playground for the kiddies.  They were building a platform so it appears there might be live music soon too.

It looks like it was at one time a sand pit, but the water was fairly clean, tho somewhat silty.  The bottom is sandy as well so very pleasant to wade and stand about to cool off if that's your cup of chai.
« Last Edit: 17:38 29-Jun-2017 by Tnic »

Offline Jay

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 888
  • -Receive: 314
« Reply #34 on: 05:59 17-Jul-2017 »
Anyone got anything to add here?

Where to go to sea in the summer in Ukraine: five interesting resorts

Top 5 unique destinations for beach holidays in Ukraine. Hot sun and a calendar on the wall, which has an inverted half of the summer, more and more convinces us that the time to go to sea. Where to go, if we are not waiting for the Crimea, Odessa and crowded beaches you still remember from previous years? Still want the sea?
http://www.amn.com.ua/rizne/uda-poehat-na-more-letom-v-ukrayne-pyat-ynteresnyh-kurortov/

Offline Darren Jones

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 109
  • -Receive: 136
« Reply #35 on: 16:55 18-Jul-2017 »
Plenty of nice beaches by the reservoirs and good value accomodation. Im currently treating the family to a small break here-

https://polyanaudachi.com.ua

25m pool with nice balance of chemicals and reservoir is a 10min walk, beaches 20mins.

Im paying 1000uah a night and space is fine for me, wifey, mother in law and father in law. Big BBQ area and out door dining, also its fenced off so the dog is with us and very happy

Offline speibl

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 50
« Reply #36 on: 17:17 18-Jul-2017 »
Anyone got anything to add here?

Where to go to sea in the summer in Ukraine: five interesting resorts

Top 5 unique destinations for beach holidays in Ukraine.
S.. now they even publish my hidden secret (although I mentioned  it here already)
Кинбурнская коса

Offline sosednik

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 106
  • -Receive: 286
  • Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!
« Reply #37 on: 13:54 22-Jul-2017 »
For the record, my fiancee found a nice place in Zatoka (really, Karolino-Bugaz), seemingly a combination between a hotel and many individually owned flats rented out by their owners.  It was in a "closed territory" (fences, with a gate and watchman) so we didn't have the noisy throng crowding the road a hundred meters or so distant.  By dint of being next to the closed territory (but not actually fenced off), the nearby beach was also pretty quiet, and very nice.

Our little one liked the big inflatable water-slides on the beach, more than the Black Sea itself :)

She came before me -- I was still stateside at the time -- and I joined them there.  After a few days, we went to Odesa, which my girl REALLY liked and was a nice change with all its attractions after the quiet of our "resort".

Then her Mama came out in order to shop at the famous Privoz Rynok (a truly crazy idea, to make such a long trip from far western Ukraine in hopes of saving a few hundred hryvna on clothes) ... and things developed into a Ukrainian Family Circus of the sort that will probably be familiar to many expats on this forum!

Thanks to all, for your many kind suggestions.  I warmly recommend Karolino-Bugaz (the place we stayed is called Promenade) for someone wanting a lovely quiet beach during the busy season!  We paid about UAH 700 za noch for small but nice studio flats.

Carlusha

« Reply #38 on: 14:13 22-Jul-2017 »

Then her Mama came out in order to shop at the famous Privoz Rynok (a truly crazy idea, to make such a long trip from far western Ukraine in hopes of saving a few hundred hryvna on clothes) ... and things developed into a Ukrainian Family Circus of the sort that will probably be familiar to many expats on this forum!

Are you sure it was Privoz? Yes, it is a large market but the more famous is the huge 7 km market located on the outskirts of Odessa. Mama would have found some real bargains especially if she had been willing to, shall we say, "negotiate". Here haggling is expected.

The article below is a few years old but still quite informative.

DailyMail - 7 km Market