Author Topic: Agriculture in Ukraine  (Read 644 times)

Offline newmz

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Agriculture in Ukraine
« on: 09:19 18-Jul-2017 »
Hello all from New Zealand!

I'm currently investigating the possibility of getting into agriculture in Ukraine. I would prefer to not go down the road of the large agro holdings and was wondering if anyone here had any contacts for ex pats who have set themselves up, or are involved with farming in Ukraine. Please reply here or PM/Email me as I would love to discuss things further.

Thank you. Nick

Tnic

Re: Agriculture in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: 12:44 18-Jul-2017 »
Hi Nick.

Not aware of any expat farmers here. 

We DO have a few that live in the countryside and work their own plots.

Offline Darren Jones

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 109
  • -Receive: 136
« Reply #2 on: 16:50 18-Jul-2017 »
Hi Nick,

Selling used farm machinery is going well fora freind of mine who buys mainly John Deers and ploughs to ship out to Ukraine. The ploughs he re-furbs in Kivrograd. If things were not going so well for me with buying biomass equipment from Ukraine I would be importing machinery.

As far as actual farming goes ive got a good Ukrainian contact that would advise, he actually has a transport company but I met him through rallying and he used to co drive for this guy who was doing very well off it. In my town the farmer with the most land has a helicopter and two planes with his own air"field" so must be a good thing if you can get the land and efficient machinery

Offline newmz

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: 20:34 18-Jul-2017 »
Thank you Darren

I also enjoy Rally and will participate here this year for the first time if I havent sold my car by then (Audi S5 V8)

Could you please send me your contacts details so I could send him an email. Thanks

Offline Fillou

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 30
« Reply #4 on: 15:58 19-Jul-2017 »
I know a company, they started raising snails for the french market and other export markets.
You have to find a nice as sunflower and corn or wheat are already massively exported.

Ukrainian exports of snails surpassed the sale of bacon

Snails are imported as raw material, which on average costs five times cheaper than the finished product.
In 2013, Ukraine exported 3 tonnes of shellfish in 2014, 58 tons, in 2015 ? 260 tons, and for the first 10 months of this year exported 347 tonnes, the statement said ASTP.

It is noted that for the first 10 months of this year abroad was delivered only 51 tonnes of Ukrainian bacon, and lamb ? 9 tons.
?Ukrainian shellfish buy while only two countries, Romania (25 per cent) and Lithuania (75 percent), their share may change to the opposite through a small export volumes?, ? stated in the message.

Ukrainian snails are imported as raw material, which on average is 5 times cheaper than the finished product. The average price of a kilogram of products is $ 1 per kg.
In these countries production gets chilled, processed and again exported, but at a price on average of 6.5 dollars per kg from Romania and $ 5.5 per kg from Lithuania.

End countries the domestic consumers of molluscs are mainly France, Hungary, Italy and Poland.
Recently it was reported that Belarus has started thinking about exporting snails.

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 137
  • -Receive: 150
« Reply #5 on: 17:52 22-Jul-2017 »
You will have some problems with the land ownership as agricultural land can not be bought by foreigners or stateless persons in Ukraine.  Also, you will probably have to pay a lot of bribes which is not necessarily what most foreigners like.

Offline Fillou

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 30