Author Topic: Marriage to a Ukrainian... The legal issues  (Read 6381 times)

Offline SVL

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 40
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Marriage to a Ukrainian... The legal issues
« on: 14:06 12-Jul-2013 »
Dear Forum members and visitors,
our legal expert - ?Vasil Kisil & Partners? legal company - provided us with the consultancy for non-residents on legal issues on staying in Ukraine upon getting married the Ukrainian. Who's interested in, visit, pls:
http://expatua.com/articles/marriage-ukrainian-legal-issues
« Last Edit: 14:42 15-Jul-2013 by ace123 »

Offline rcshott

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 156
  • -Receive: 60
  • Not so new - but still be gentle with me!!
Re: Marriage the Ukrainian. Legal issues
« Reply #1 on: 15:19 12-Jul-2013 »
Bloody 'ell, wish I'd known all that a year ago, would've saved me hundreds of hours of frustration.
IF YOU DRINK 'N DRIVE...DON'T...YOU MIGHT SPILL SOME!
All men know that if all else fails...then go to the instructions!

Offline Anthony

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Marriage to a Ukrainian... The legal issues
« Reply #2 on: 19:48 12-Aug-2013 »
Hello to everybody,
It is my first post here too.
I live in ukraine officially like a temporary resident permit since 12th october 2012, with a work permit like the director of my company.
With my future wife we are waiting a beautifull baby and plannified to be married very soon. And I want to apply for renewing my temporary residence permit under the statut of married and by the fact we are waiting a baby, by consequence I will not be the director of the company, an another person will be and I will cancel my work permit.
What I must do to ask my new temporary residence permit, I need a new visa D or which way I must follow? Could you help me because it is urgent! Thanks all in advance.

Offline Claus

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2616
  • -Receive: 801
« Reply #3 on: 20:32 12-Aug-2013 »
Congrats and best luck with the baby!  :)
To be able to deal with your question(s), you have to provide more info:
1) Your nationality
2) Your passport issued by which country
3) The nationality of the mother to be
4) Her passport issued by which country.

Also, I fail to understand why marriage/childbirth means that you can no longer be a director of your company... :-X
j'y suis, j'y reste!

Offline Anthony

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 06:04 13-Aug-2013 »
Thanks Claus!
 1) I am french
2) French passport
3) She is Ukrainian
4) Ukrainian passport

Why marriage because I love her and we will have soon a baby, the fact that I won't be the director of the company is a personal choice.

Offline Anthony

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: 18:29 13-Aug-2013 »
Hello someone could answer to my question above, Please! I would appreciate your help!

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #6 on: 18:43 13-Aug-2013 »
Hello someone could answer to my question above, Please! I would appreciate your help!

Your absolute best be is to go to your local OVIR, be friendly with them, and do exactly as they say. If they say you need a D Visa then head out of country to get one. By now you know that you already need everything translated into Ukrainian and stamped. Go down with your wife and make a list of the documents they require.

If you are not yet married, well then, that is another set of worms.

Offline steveo

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 245
  • -Receive: 417
« Reply #7 on: 07:56 14-Aug-2013 »
Hi Anthony,

Because you got your previous TRP for a different reason than the new TRP you are applying for, it may require a different set of documents. As Fraucha says you need to visit your local OVIR and ask them what you need to do, take a pen and paper with you and write down what the person says to do, or have your wife or an interpreter do this, once you have written down what they say you need to do, repeat the list of documents, or things you need to do back to them, then ask is this all I have to do? Is there anything else?

Any documents from outside of Ukraine will need an Apostille, and will need to be verified and notarised as authentic translations.

Best of luck! 

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
« Reply #8 on: 19:07 27-Apr-2015 »

First published:27 April 2015Part of:Supporting British nationals in Ukraine and Ukraine  ...

Consular Section of the British Embassy will no longer issue Certificates of No Impediment

Following changes to local marriage procedures introduced by the Ukrainian authorities, British nationals no longer need to provide a document confirming their marital status.

From 27 April 2015, Consular Section of the British Embassy Kyiv will no longer issue Certificates of No Impediment for British nationals wishing to get married in Ukraine. You will need to contact the local civil register office in Ukraine to find out about local marriage laws and requirements.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff