Author Topic: Ukrainian heiress, 20, who killed five people when she crashed into pedestrians  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Fillou

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 30
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Let's see how the "new" ukrainian justice system works for this case, any pronostics ?
She already got away with speeding 3 times ...  She faces up to 10 years in jail for speeding, driving under the influence and killing 6 people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4995936/Carnage-heiress-20-jumps-red-light.html

Offline Fillou

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
It was revealed that Alyona Zaitseva is the half-sister of lustrated deputy district attorney Dmytro Zaitsev and the daughter of Kharkiv-based businessmen Vasyl Zaitsev.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3095
  • -Receive: 4811
  • What's the future ever done for me?
I would hoppe that it is 10 years per person killed and not a collective. But alas she will serve no time and most likely keep her license.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 993
  • -Receive: 1312
  • Statue of the Motherland
I for one have faith that Ukraine will step up and meet minimum EU member, standards of justice... Italy's

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 336
Let's see how the "new" ukrainian justice system works for this case, any pronostics ?
She already got away with speeding 3 times ...  She faces up to 10 years in jail for speeding, driving under the influence and killing 6 people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4995936/Carnage-heiress-20-jumps-red-light.html

Only upto 10 years in jail? for killing 6 people? the banana republic of Ukraine makes it possible. That young spoiled bitch should be locked away in a high security prison with locked up murderers and rapists...

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 993
  • -Receive: 1312
  • Statue of the Motherland
Were it Russia and not Ukraine, victims families would get a bill for damage to the car, and survivors would go to prison.   

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1605
  • -Receive: 1502

Only upto 10 years in jail? for killing 6 people? the banana republic of Ukraine makes it possible. That young spoiled bitch should be locked away in a high security prison with locked up murderers and rapists...

Hopefully, she'll be brutally raped, infected with HIV and left to die on a cold concrete floor.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Some news outlets describing the father as a Ukrainian oligarch and others as a Russian.  They seem to be keeping the daughter 'until the father can compensate the deceased.'

If he's Russian, he's gone: a hop, skip, and jump across the border. 

If he stays, then there may be payouts to the victims and 'others' to drop the case.

Some of this will also depend on who was killed.  Were they also from the ruling class?    Unfair but probably true.

Photo from the Mirror News Paper:

edit: a little more about the story, http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/shocking-moment-russian-oligarchs-daughter-11380017
« Last Edit: 08:22 21-Oct-2017 by Reggie »
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Some news outlets describing the father as a Ukrainian oligarch and others as a Russian.  They seem to be keeping the daughter 'until the father can compensate the deceased.'

If he's Russian, he's gone: a hop, skip, and jump across the border. 

If he stays, then there may be payouts to the victims and 'others' to drop the case.

Some of this will also depend on who was killed.  Were they also from the ruling class?    Unfair but probably true.

Photo from the Mirror News Paper:

edit: a little more about the story, http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/shocking-moment-russian-oligarchs-daughter-11380017

Thanks for showing his photo. I hope the families of those she killed find him and her and kill them both and make them hurt before they die.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Thanks for showing his photo. I hope the families of those she killed find him and her and kill them both and make them hurt before they die.

Don't thank me, it was the Mirror newspaper out of the UK.   But I hear you.  ;)
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline Kyle

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 18
I for one have faith that Ukraine will step up and meet minimum EU member, standards of justice... Italy's

Or, if she was in the UK she could get a letter from Tony Blair saying "we know about the people you killed, but hey, lets just forget about it and all be friends." Just as 187 IRA terrorists did. Those of us who are British are in no place to cast aspersions on Ukrainian justice.

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
This really sets me off because degenerates pieces of slavic poop like her are a daily deadly threat in Ukraine and the fact that Ukrainians accept this (neither State justice or vigilante) just makes me think Ukrainians deserve everything they get.

I keep having fantasies of a bolshevik like social movement where all the pedestrians decide to destroy every Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Land Rover on the roads and murder the occupants.

Daewoo Anus taxi drivers too.

The vast majority of Ukrainians should never be allowed to drive a car and I cannot understand why the EU allows these animals to drive there.

Offline Fillou

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
I read in a ukrainian newspaper that her family stands by her.
They blame the accident on the VW Touareg that was coming from her left, it was going through the GREEN light and pushed her vehicle (as she was going through the red light ...). Yes, her family blames the vehicule driven by a 54 year old man who was in his right, going through a GREEN light.

Yep, can't make this up. Some people have no limit when it comes to lying and being dishonest.

Offline Fillou

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
Mr Zaitsev said he owned the car involved in the incident and his daughter was currently being kept for questioning.

"There is great grief in our family. She has been driving for two years and she's never had any violations. The girl was sober, she was traveling with her friend," Mr Zaitsev told local news site Kharkiv Today. 

Тупа курка на лексусі врізалась в фольц,того відкинуло і він зачепив людей
    За неперевіреними даними 5 загиблих
    Вул Сумська#ДТП pic.twitter.com/Q6hWAu8glM
    ? Дороги Харкова (@dorogyKharkiv) October 18, 2017

"We still have not been given a chance to talk, they immediately detained her in jail," he said.

He also said it not clear what had triggered the crash and people should not speculate or make judgements on social media.  

Maybe her stupid actions triggered this ??

Offline Fillou

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
Ms Zaitseva's father Vasily Zaitsev did not mention the victims in his only comment on the crash caused by what eye witnesses saw as his daughter's reckless driving.
He also sought to pin blame on the VW Touareg that Ms Zaitseva hit before her car careered into people waiting at a pedestrian crossing, even though footage appears to show the driver of this car acting correctly after moving forward on a green light at a junction.

'It is a tragedy for our family,' he said. 'She had been driving for two years and never had any violations' - a claim contradicted by a local MP who is also an Interior Ministry advisor.

'The girl was sober. There was another girl, her friend.'

Not mentioning those killed or wounded, he said: 'My child has not eaten for 24 hours.

'They did not let us see her, she was locked in jail immediately.'

'She was hit, do you understand? Her car was completely destroyed. The car was moving after the hit.

'How was that Touareg driving - it is not clear why it hit her this way?'

Gerashchenko, revealed: 'During last two years the Lexus driver has been caught eight times by Kharkiv traffic patrol for violating traffic rules.'

This involved speeding, jumping red lights, and violating parking rules, he said.

But the maximum she was fined for these transgressions was ?14.