Author Topic: Ukrainian heiress, 20, who killed five people when she crashed into pedestrians  (Read 2788 times)

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 336
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
as I said... james my guns please....

Offline domenic

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
She'll compensate the families and walk free, just like in America.

In the US, civil courts and criminal courts are completely separate.  You don't just walk free in the US by paying money to a judge or victim.   A criminal judge may reduce your sentence upon knowing you made some restitution (e.g. you steal a car, but pay the victim back), but the decision to prosecute is up to the prosecutor, grand jury, and criminal judge, and there is no talk of pay off money.   In fact if you try to overtly buy your way out of a criminal case, you will probably be hit with additional criminal charges in the U.S. 
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 336
The problem with Ukrainian society is that most are still mentally stuck in the soviet system of having to obey... no matter what. I give you a simple example of every day life. This morning a poor family father with his rotten daewoo tried to have sex with my car whilst I stopped at a zebra crossing.... Result was some scratches on my rear bumper. Police guys were fine and made a report but then came the insurance company of the poor fella who was shivering the whole time. They wanted me to fill out endless forms, reports and requests for payment Make drawings about the accident and stuff. I said nope thats none of my business.... But my blondinka who is well educated said this is the procedures.... I said nope again. I don't care about their procedures, I am the victim of a road accident and should be penalized even more by wasting my time with their procedures? That is the attitude. People still don't have the guts because they are a herd of brainwashed zombies. Just like former GDR. And there are still quite a few who say that under SED and Honnecker everything was better....

Offline domenic

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Please read the article I posted.  Florida state law allows you to compensate in return for walking.  Keep in mind, the girl's dad has the money and not the girl.  The American playboy that killed two brits didn't have the money either.  His family had the money, beyond any civil jurisdiction.  Research the case yourself.  He killed two Brits drag racing and never went to jail for it.  Now, if he had possessed the money, it would have been a very different outcome for him.

This will be spun as an example of pure Ukrainian corruption, but it's not.  Without sounding too terrible, better to be killed or maimed by a rich heiress then a worthless gopnik.

« Last Edit: 23:25 24-Oct-2017 by domenic »

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Florida state law allows you to compensate in return for walking. 

No, it does not. 

"In letters to the court, the victims' families asked that soft-spoken Circuit Judge McCarthy grant LeVin house arrest."

So here we have the families asking for house arrest. 

Secondly, house arrest is not walking free, but having an ankle monitor on that sends you to prison to complete the full sentence if you violate the terms of probation.

"Florida law requires that judges take victims' requests into consideration during sentencing, but their requests are not binding."

And your article makes clear that the issue only comes up at sentencing -- as I stated -- and is not binding on the court.   

Other facts may have swayed the judge towards a conviction and house arrest:

"LeVin mentioned to the judge that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia about a year ago."

To say he paid money and walked free mischaracterizes what happened, namely that the families wanted him free, have the right to make sentencing recommendations to the court, and that he was found guilty, given house arrest, and put on 10 years probation that will send him straight to prison if he violates it.  It's not uncommon for people with people without prior criminal records to be given a chance to rehabilitate.  First-time criminal traffic-offenders are very rarely given prison time.
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline VGera

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 136
  • Is everything already bad, or still getting worse?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I read it, it's up to 10 years total jail time.
 Not 10 years for each death plus more for the injured.
 Could that be correct?  ???

A "twin brother" of Zaitseva Andrey Poltavets killed 6 people waiting for a tram in 2008 driving his Mits L200 absolutely drunk and was sent to prison for 10 years. Guess where he is now?
September 2015 released with additional penalty: 3 years ban from driving. August 2017 - caught driving drunk...
And this is not the guy with Dad. So I think Zaitseva will spend 2-3 years in jail no more and will receive a new RX on her "homecoming". By that time very few will remember her untill she plays the main character in another movie.
« Last Edit: 12:31 25-Oct-2017 by VGera »

Offline Jay

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 888
  • -Receive: 314
Anyone here see the connection to Yanukovych?

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 993
  • -Receive: 1312
  • Statue of the Motherland
I don't remember details, but I remember that there was a situation many years ago, where a Ukrainian golden child man was at fault in an auto accident which resulted in the death of a Ukrainian golden child woman.   That this resulted in the golden child man fleeing Ukraine via private plane whilst dressed as a woman.  Anyone remember more?  This resulted in some sort of high level political schism. 

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 147
Let's have an update to the Zaitseva killing spree as reported in the OP.

As we can see in the next report, the young killer has been jailed along with the  driver of the other vehicle.

https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/kharkiv-drivers-get-10-years-in-prison-for-2017-car-accident.html

However, another report states she is serving out her sentence in relative comfort:

https://www.metro.news/holiday-resort-with-pool-for-heiress-who-killed-six/1711146

Justice, not!

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 993
  • -Receive: 1312
  • Statue of the Motherland
Is it possible to make reservations to holiday at this prison?

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3095
  • -Receive: 4811
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Is it possible to make reservations to holiday at this prison?
You must bring your own salo and beer.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline shuggah21

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 63
  • -Receive: 120
A lot of poor people are thinking, "Maybe I should kill five people, then I can get a luxury apartment with free heat and three free meals every day."

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Receive: 1851
Possibly , but they don't have Daddy for a "roof" to cover their buttock ..   :(

Anyone else would rot in jail.  >:(
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff