Author Topic: US Translation Service for Official Documents  (Read 832 times)

Offline sosednik

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 106
  • -Receive: 286
  • Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!
US Translation Service for Official Documents
« on: 11:19 26-Nov-2017 »
This may be useful for US citizens dealing with Ukrainian documents:

http://www.doctranslation.com

It's an American firm that makes certified translations.  We used them to help with the immigration process (to America) for my fiancee and her daughter.

At first, we were considering getting official translations in Ukraine and having them shipped to the US (where I needed to apply to USCIS).  But the best option my fiancee could find at the time was going to take a couple of weeks, and we didn't want to delay our filing.

She was able to email me scans or photos of the documents (some I had already photographed in Ukraine).  I uploaded them to the site, and got the official translations emailed to me.  You can also request a hard-copy by post, if needed.

We paid a fair amount for the expedited service, but was quick and really good.  The PDF translations include the original in Ukrainian, the translation into English, and a page with an affidavit of translation accuracy & the company's certifications.  The document also includes a web link by which anyone can verify that the document is in the company's database.

The lowest rate is the non-expedited service for standard documents like passports, at around $20 a piece.

The translations were accepted by USCIS without any problem.  My fiancee found no flaw in the translations from Ukrainian.

The "front man", who has a Russian-style name (though they offer translation from many languages) responds quickly to questions or concerns, and is really friendly to deal with.

The last couple of documents we needed translated, I actually submitted from Ukraine.  I wasn't able to pay using PayPal, which won't let me log in from Ukraine ::)  He told me no problem, you can pay me when you get back to the US.

I recommend this firm, to anyone who may need such a service.

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 338
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: US Translation Service for Official Documents
« Reply #1 on: 17:03 26-Nov-2017 »
Sorry for conquering your valuable info but regarding Paypal I suggest you get yourself a VPN (or a browser with built in VPN like Opera which I use). You can then  mimic your location to be in Europe, or the US or Canada and voila Paypalis accessible... In Opera this is a very simple and efficient to use solution.

Tnic

« Reply #2 on: 19:15 26-Nov-2017 »
Sorry for conquering your valuable info but regarding Paypal I suggest you get yourself a VPN (or a browser with built in VPN like Opera which I use). You can then  mimic your location to be in Europe, or the US or Canada and voila Paypalis accessible... In Opera this is a very simple and efficient to use solution.

I had been using Opera with a US VPN to watch Amazon Prime movies.  HAD been.  They recently flipped some switches and that option is now gone.  Not a big loss as our connection speed doesn't lend itself to streaming movies form the Zon anyway.

I had not had any issues using PP on Chrome in the past.  I think as of a week or so back all was fine there.

Tnic

« Reply #3 on: 09:46 27-Nov-2017 »
UPDATE

Just use Paypal for an eBay purchase on Chrome.  No probs, no VPN.

I now return you to the Translations Service portion of our original program.   ;D