Expatriate Cafe > Relationships

marriage contract

(1/3) > >>

chrisinkiev:
I need some information about marriage contract in Ukraine.
How does it work?
I bought some property in Ukraine for investment (new apartments) they'll finish at the time we will be married but I don't have the property's title in hand.
In Holland we have something called "marital conditions" in short meaning that all belongings before marriage will be returned to the original owner. The conditions can also agree that belongings purchased during marriage will also be returned to the purchaser. I would like to know if this is possible in Ukraine as well... I don't expect to get a divorce but everything is possible.

AkMike:
You really need to consult a good lawyer on this. 

frank1010:

--- Quote from: chrisinkiev on 07:54 09-Jan-2018 ---I need some information about marriage contract in Ukraine.
How does it work?
I bought some property in Ukraine for investment (new apartments) they'll finish at the time we will be married but I don't have the property's title in hand.
In Holland we have something called "marital conditions" in short meaning that all belongings before marriage will be returned to the original owner. The conditions can also agree that belongings purchased during marriage will also be returned to the purchaser. I would like to know if this is possible in Ukraine as well... I don't expect to get a divorce but everything is possible.

--- End quote ---

The law in Ukraine is often very tricky and unclear and there is a difference between being right and getting your right. Judges here can be corrupt and corrupted. hence I agree with Mike, you need a good lawyer and even that is no guarantee....

chrisinkiev:
Thanks for the replies.

Any recommendations on lawyers with this kind of experience?

Would it help if I put property on a local Ukrainian business?

frank1010:
Oligarchs hide their property in a shell company which is hidden in a shell company which is hidden in another shell company, which is hidden in another....

With regards to a good lawyer somebody else will have to answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version