Author Topic: New rules and Taxes for importing cars into UKRAINE from Abroad 1.1.18  (Read 3112 times)

Offline ashflash

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 15
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
New rules and Taxes for importing cars into UKRAINE from Abroad 1.1.18
I have heard there have been some changes to the current system of duty, taxes and clearance for bringing in EU cars into Ukraine  permantly and then registering it in Ukraine,  does anyone know what the new changes and rules are ??? Cheers Ash

Offline Ron-n-Sveta

• Vip Lounge member
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 50
  • we live here
not sure if this applies to imports but last week i registed a small trailer here and even for a ukraine made trailer i had to have it confirmed of value by a business within 2 minute walking distance. hummm i am sure the police department no gets a kick back  :D

Offline VGera

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 137
  • Is everything already bad, or still getting worse?
New rules and Taxes for importing cars into UKRAINE from Abroad 1.1.18
I have heard there have been some changes to the current system of duty, taxes and clearance for bringing in EU cars into Ukraine  permantly and then registering it in Ukraine,  does anyone know what the new changes and rules are ??? Cheers Ash

As reported yet in December 2017 Since 1.1.18 all electric cars are imported free of VAT, and any duties. But this is not only about EU, any origins and any age of electric cars are eligible, but only for 1 year. Have not heard yet about any other changes...

Offline VGera

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
not sure if this applies to imports but last week i registed a small trailer here and even for a ukraine made trailer i had to have it confirmed of value by a business within 2 minute walking distance. hummm i am sure the police department no gets a kick back  :D

Did you buy it new or used?

Offline Ron-n-Sveta

• Vip Lounge member
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 50
  • we live here
vgera the trailer was 6 months old and still under factory warranty. mind you for me it was not about the fee more of the idea and the alot of extra time. vgera I have another question i rather ask in pm if not a problem about something kinda different

Offline VGera

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
vgera the trailer was 6 months old and still under factory warranty. mind you for me it was not about the fee more of the idea and the alot of extra time. vgera I have another question i rather ask in pm if not a problem about something kinda different
Any vehicle first registration is subject to pension fund tax (3-5% depending on the car value), but normally the car value to count percentage of, is taken from a new car purchase invoice or from the customs declaration. Commercial expert value approval is not needed in this case. If you (personally) sell 2 cars or more in one year you will have to pay an income tax 5% of car value. In this case you will be requested to confirm the value by providing an expert evaluation (could differ from your invoice price, mostly to the greater side). But this is all about cars and motorbikes. Trailer sales can be taxed all the other way. So not sure now if they screwed you or it was really necessary to get the value approved. Did you pay any duty or tax based on the value approved?

Feel free to PM if any questions...

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 338
Have had a chat with a friend recently saying that cars upto 2.5 liters engine he imports regularly "as is" as per normal and ordinary taxation/customs. Cars with 2.5l and above he gets partly dismantled in Poland and transported to Ukraine. After taxation and customs the car is being put together again and sold. The more popular option is to bring the car to poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech republic, Moldva, etc where the car will be registered in the name of  local company and a notarized statement issued that the ukrainian national is the driver of the car. Thus no taxes and customs apply and the ukrainian can drive upto one year, the leave the country for a day and the 1 year period is reset. Even police officers and detectives here in my city in Ukraine drive cars with polish and latvian number plates.....

Offline VGera

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
the ukrainian can drive upto one year

Controvercial statement. All this "europlates" scheme is only possible due to unwill of the authorities to solve the issue once forever. It is a clear violation of Customs code rules, which may lead to serious financial sanctions.

Even police officers and detectives here in my city in Ukraine drive cars with polish and latvian number plates.....

I won't be surprised if the same guys employ drugs dealers and pimps round the corner. This is never a sign that what they do is legal.  Snake never bites its tale. Same relates to judjes, state prosecutors, deputies etc.
« Last Edit: 13:46 15-Jan-2018 by VGera »

Offline BobLviv

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 173
  • -Receive: 139
  • Feel free to contact me about anything interesting
Soon, I might be in a similar situation where I have to 'import' my EU registered car. Still, I am on a TRP, but that may be soon changing too, to PRP. Hence, the import of the car.
Still, is there anybody who could confirm or add to the official/legal information. With all respect, but I get the feeling there is a bit of "hear-say" here. If not, please, explain or add to the topic. It is more than essential, and without doubt not only to me, though ;)
Thanks in advance. That's what this forum is for and makes it strong, isn't? ;)

Offline VGera

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You

Still, is there anybody who could confirm or add to the official/legal information.

Bob, formulate your questions more clearly and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. If you treat me as a credible source of course...

I am sure you have read all the previous threads on the matter...
« Last Edit: 18:15 15-Jan-2018 by VGera »

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Soon, I might be in a similar situation where I have to 'import' my EU registered car. Still, I am on a TRP, but that may be soon changing too, to PRP. Hence, the import of the car.
Still, is there anybody who could confirm or add to the official/legal information. With all respect, but I get the feeling there is a bit of "hear-say" here. If not, please, explain or add to the topic. It is more than essential, and without doubt not only to me, though ;)

With TRP you are entitled to drive your foreign registered car in Ukraine during the validity of your TRP (1 year). When you get your PRP bring your household tax free to Ukraine which includes a car to my knowledge.... That should be done within 6 months after PRP was granted (what the customs people told me at the border).

Carlusha

With TRP you are entitled to drive your foreign registered car in Ukraine during the validity of your TRP (1 year). When you get your PRP bring your household tax free to Ukraine which includes a car to my knowledge.... That should be done within 6 months after PRP was granted (what the customs people told me at the border).

I understood TRP to comprise 2 one year periods? If so, can the vehicle remain in Ukraine during the change from the first year to the second year TRP? And again upon change from second TRP to final PRP?

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
When you renew your TRP you are not required to leave the country hence I presume your car can also stay. I am not sure if TRP is limited to 2 x 1 year periods.

Carlusha

I am not sure if TRP is limited to 2 x 1 year periods.

I thought 2 TRPs was a prerequisite to earning one's PRP. Apologies if I am suffering from a befuddled brain.

Offline VGera

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
When you renew your TRP you are not required to leave the country hence I presume your car can also stay. I am not sure if TRP is limited to 2 x 1 year periods.

Your migration status is regulated by migration authorities and legislation. Your car status is regulated by customs authorities and legislation. They do mot interrelate in most cases. The fact that you are granted another TRP or PRP does not automatically cansel your obligation to remove temporarily inported car within 1 year from the date of entry. So, to close the preferential temporary import procedure your car has either to leave the country or, its status needs to be changed (either plain import with all taxes, or, possibly, tax free import for those moving from abroad. the latter does not contradict the customs rules but as long as it is not clearly allowed the official customs position needs to be clarified yet).