Author Topic: "This is not a court! They are corrupt beasts!"  (Read 339 times)

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels

Dramatic footage of Saakashvili confronting Kyiv court that imposed a curfew on him.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-saakashvili-night-house-arrest-10pm/29000420.html

🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3110
  • -Receive: 4831
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Re: "This is not a court! They are corrupt beasts!"
« Reply #1 on: 05:26 05-Feb-2018 »
"placing him under house arrest every night from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m."  like being married.

A bad ruling to be sure.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline concur

• An Ordinary Man.
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
  • Wear your ego like a loose fitting garment
« Reply #2 on: 07:52 05-Feb-2018 »
"What they have just declared is an attempt to restrain my political activity!"
this means that all his political activities takes place only between those time? and why that beast line was not considered as a contempt of court? Is he a good politician? (he even denied a murder case involvement in Georgia)
« Last Edit: 08:06 05-Feb-2018 by concur »
Please ignore typos.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
― Gautama Buddha

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: 13:08 05-Feb-2018 »
"placing him under house arrest every night from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m."  like being married.

A bad ruling to be sure.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4024
  • -Receive: 1729
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #4 on: 13:12 05-Feb-2018 »
this means that all his political activities takes place only between those time? and why that beast line was not considered as a contempt of court? Is he a good politician? (he even denied a murder case involvement in Georgia)

It means that he can't travel to campaign or organize rallies or protests while he's under house arrest and the home at night curfew.
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline concur

• An Ordinary Man.
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: 14:34 05-Feb-2018 »

It means that he can't travel to campaign or organize rallies or protests while he's under house arrest and the home at night curfew.
Sure, he has to improvise it seems may be Video Conference with his supporters (and tell what usually politicians tell,  vendetta!). I recall his Ukrainian citizenship was stripped, what happened to that?
Please ignore typos.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
― Gautama Buddha

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 14:47 05-Feb-2018 »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-saakashvili/saakashvili-may-face-extradition-after-losing-ukraine-court-appeal-idUSKBN1FP1OO

KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian opposition leader Mikheil Saakashvili on Monday said an appeals court rejected his appeal for protection against possible extradition in a decision he said was politically motivated.

The former president of Georgia entered Ukraine last September despite being stripped of his Ukrainian citizenship in a protracted standoff with the Kiev authorities, whom he accuses of corruption.

He is wanted in Georgia on four charges including abuse of office, which he says are trumped up. The Ukrainian court upheld an earlier ruling to deny him the status of a person in need of additional protection.

?This is yet another decision by (President Petro Poroshenko) and not by the court,? Saakashvili said in a post on Facebook after the verdict.

His lawyer, Ruslan Chernolutsky, said the ruling would likely pave the way for Saakashvili?s departure from Ukraine.

?We all need to be prepared for the fact that the authorities in an illegal manner will take the decision on his compulsory deportation or possible extradition,? he said in a video posted by Saakashvili.

In December, Ukrainian General Prosecutor Yuriy Lutsenko said Saakashvili was likely to be extradited.

Saakashvili also faces criminal charges in Ukraine. The authorities accuse him of assisting a criminal organization, which he calls a fabricated allegation to undermine his campaign to unseat Poroshenko.

Offline concur

• An Ordinary Man.
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 15:23 05-Feb-2018 »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-saakashvili/saakashvili-may-face-extradition-after-losing-ukraine-court-appeal-idUSKBN1FP1OO

He's on the run it seems. Wonder how he became Odessa's Governor in the first place. I think court did the right thing, he need some family time instead of rallying around  :)
Please ignore typos.

― Gautama Buddha

Carlusha

« Reply #8 on: 21:44 05-Feb-2018 »

He's on the run it seems. Wonder how he became Odessa's Governor in the first place. I think court did the right thing, he need some family time instead of rallying around  :)

Are you new to Ukraine?

Poroshenko invited Saakashvili to Ukraine
Poroshenko invited Saakashvili to be Governor of the Oddesa Oblast
Over time Saakashvili saw how corrupt the Mayor and his cronies on the council were. He tried to bring attention to this.
Over time Saakashvili tried to bring attention to the business practices of local oligarchy
Over time Saakashvili discovered the many of oligarchy nationwide were swindling the country and he brought this to the attention of Poroshenko as well.
Now for reasons known ONLY to Poroshenko, these warnings were ignored and the current fabrications begun.

Poroshenko, in other words, found Saakashvili to be too good, too hot to handle.

Offline concur

• An Ordinary Man.
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 00:39 06-Feb-2018 »

Are you new to Ukraine?

Poroshenko invited Saakashvili to Ukraine
Poroshenko invited Saakashvili to be Governor of the Oddesa Oblast
Over time Saakashvili saw how corrupt the Mayor and his cronies on the council were. He tried to bring attention to this.
Over time Saakashvili tried to bring attention to the business practices of local oligarchy
Over time Saakashvili discovered the many of oligarchy nationwide were swindling the country and he brought this to the attention of Poroshenko as well.
Now for reasons known ONLY to Poroshenko, these warnings were ignored and the current fabrications begun.

Poroshenko, in other words, found Saakashvili to be too good, too hot to handle.

Yes I am new here. Thanks for enlightenment.  :)
Please ignore typos.

― Gautama Buddha

Offline concur

• An Ordinary Man.
  • Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 10:50 06-Feb-2018 »
This 1 for new bee like me and some water splashes for fun but still not clear he (Saakashvili) is freak or real.
Please ignore typos.

― Gautama Buddha

Offline frank1010

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 210
  • -Receive: 336
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #11 on: 11:18 06-Feb-2018 »
He is a dubious figure like so many in the former soviet union. He has gained considerable attention and merit for his fight against corruption but at the same time he has shown some autocratic behaviour. To what degree this is political mudwrestling I can't say. But what I can say is that Mr. Poroshenko does  not look good in this game. Which is why the polls show a constant decline of support for him (Poroshenko).