Author Topic: Average Divorce Rate in Ukraine 60%, in East and South even up to 80%  (Read 343 times)

Online K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 127
Наименьшее количество разводов в западных регионах Украины, а наибольшее - в южных и восточных. Если средний процент по Украине 60%, то в западных регионах он составляет 30%, а в южных и восточных доходит до 70%, а иногда превышает 80%. Киев - 50%.

http://www.spirit-ua.com/obyavleniya/semya/75-supruzheskix-par-v-ukraine-razvodyatsya-uzhe-v-pervye-pyat-let-sovmestnoj-zhizni.html

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels

The country is headed for a downward spiral.

Divorce + Unhappy marriages + children out of wedlock + using VK/FB to to screw whomever you fancy left and right.

Also heavily dipping population.  Does UA even have 30 mil. people?  I know they say they do, but I call BS.

No surprises. 

Just wonder what kind of barbarians, with zero knowledge of family, will be here in 20 years time.
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1605
  • -Receive: 1502
Marriages that don't end in divorce end in death.

Just saying.

Don't do it, fellas.
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
Marriages that don't end in divorce end in death.

Just saying.

Don't do it, fellas.

There are good marriages.  I was debating this my friend from the UK today; he is having trouble with his Japanese wife.

My spin on it is: do it, but with as good of prenup as possible.   It's not the perfect answer; There are people I know that don't need them; that won the lottery in having a fantastic spouse.   

But then there's the other side of it: When you are a lawyer and someone is having divorce issues, they call you in a panic first.  Like having a friend that's a dentist and then getting a tooth ache; you'll get the call.  And what they are going through, it's pretty horrible; so for me romantic notions go out the window; I'm a prenup type of guy.

Getting back to the topic, the whole concept of family, I feel, is different here than elsewhere (makes sense, it's a cultural idea). 

Online K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
What differences in the concept of family you sense?

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You

So many things could be pointed to:

1.  Role of the inlaws.

2.  Priority is not given to the development of kids:

- kids abandoned - usually father ditches;
- Kids kept as something a little higher than pets.  (Saw a kid that looked like he was taking his first steps on the streets without mom or dad around - In the U.S., that wouldn't be tolerated, not by the neighbors, not by the cops.  I had had sit and watch the kid until someone came to get him while cars whizzed by and he picked up every dirty thing on the ground.  Appropriate parenting for a 2 or 3 year old?  Not really.).

3.  Role of the husband.

4.  Marriage is almost like an elevated boyfriend/girlfriend type of thing.

« Last Edit: 20:07 26-Feb-2018 by Reggie »

Online K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You

So many things could be pointed to:

1.  Role of the inlaws.

2.  Priority is not given to the development of kids:

- kids abandoned - usually father ditches;
- Kids kept as something a little higher than pets.  (Saw a kid that looked like he was taking his first steps on the streets without mom or dad around - In the U.S., that wouldn't be tolerated, not by the neighbors, not by the cops.  I had had sit and watch the kid until someone came to get him while cars whizzed by and he picked up every dirty thing on the ground.  Appropriate parenting for a 2 or 3 year old?  Not really.).

3.  Role of the husband.

4.  Marriage is almost like an elevated boyfriend/girlfriend type of thing.

Fully agree on 4.

What do you have in mind with 1 and 3?

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You

Fully agree on 4.

What do you have in mind with 1 and 3?

For example, on my wedding night I had the mother-in-law calling my wife late at night to gossip and discuss what the (was it a fortune teller or astrologer? ) the "mystic" told my mother in law.    You do that on someone's wedding night in the U.S., and you're certifiably bat-sh-t crazy. 

I have a female friend whose brother caused a divorce; asking the husband for "loans," and then bad mouthing him after getting the cash because the guy insisted on an IOU.   

These types of things.   These are grey areas here -- "oh maybe it's ok ... not a big deal" -- in the U.S. they are red lines.