Author Topic: Warning to Western European Dating Ukrainian Women  (Read 2514 times)

Offline sosednik

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 106
  • -Receive: 286
  • Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!
Re: Warning to Western European Dating Ukrainian Women
« Reply #15 on: 01:41 05-Mar-2018 »
Reggie,

It's deeply kind of you to have worked as a "sounding board" (if not more) for guys who've gotten into such miserable situations.

On a different forum, I learned some very grim stories of men who had discovered too late that they had found the worst kind of vampire.

The real innovation here, is that they are now coming to the victims' home countries to scam them ... it used to be, the poor guy first had to come to Ukraine to get this kind of treatment :(

I've got a funny story, relating to the oft-repeated warning "NEVER send money to a woman you haven't met" ... a year or so ago, my Ukrainian brother-in-law showed me photos of a brunette with a beautiful smile (from another part of Ukraine) he had found on a dating website.  When it was clear to me that he was really interested in her, I said (using my school-boy Russian), "be careful, maybe she's going to ask you for a thousand dollars!"

Within a couple of weeks, I heard that ... she had asked him for $1000.  Part of what makes this funny, is that he's a village muzhik who's probably never seen that much money at one time.  The other funny part, is that he didn't let this bother him, and he soon went to visit her town, and before long she came to live with him.  Well ... it's a little funny.  She's a real "piece of work"  ::)

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 501
  • -Receive: 341
« Reply #16 on: 09:28 05-Mar-2018 »

Listen, some European guys that had/have hopes of having a family got scammed; that's all. 
We just want to make sure no more get scammed.

It happens. Part of the game.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #17 on: 10:12 05-Mar-2018 »
Reggie,

It's deeply kind of you to have worked as a "sounding board" (if not more) for guys who've gotten into such miserable situations.

Thanks.

Here's how it came to be.

As a joke (you know my style!), I said a while back that I would make my own dating service (of course full of comical and slightly vulgar but hopefully funny and fun advice).   :D :D. "Reggie the Love Guru"  :D :D. Right?  OK.

So it started off as a big joke.  Then a few people said, no, you really should do that.  Of course, I'm not going to make a website for anyone to meet or date women, but a kind of humorous blog of 'what to expect' and 'how to be careful' type of thing, for free, and with humor, ok. 

So little by little it stopped being a joke.  I started to do this, and I asked men here and elsewhere to help me write it.   It's underway -- it's really ghetto blog, nothing professional about it, but I started it.  (You will probably see some of what you see in this thread on there.).  When published I'll drop a note about it.

I ask men to give other men, tips and advice about this subject.  So if you, or anyone else, wants to contribute, just PM me.  It's easy: You just write a short squib.

It's starting to work out well because what I find is that men get embarrassed talking about these subjects publicly, so a lot of good info about this topic gets under-reported.  You will see a high readership interest among men about these types of topics, but a very low participation rate.  It makes sense: Some feel it's less 'manly' to admit you were sex-scammed; and people get embarrassed about their private lives being the target for amusement and criticism.  I don't have have that problem: I just don't get embarrassed about this type of stuff, so other men can contribute anonymously through me, without their business reputation or ego getting dented-up. 

So, in the process of starting this *blog* (or whatever it will be when finished), when I brought it up among some friends here; the single Western European men all had the same story (or they had a friend in Western Europe that had the same story); which was very weird.   So, over the winter months, these ladies would 'fall in love' with guys from Europe, and try to get free trips to visit them.  A big, big surge of this activity. 

So it occurred to me that the new relaxed visa system has opened the floodgates.  Now what we are seeing are seasonal sex scams; it seems more during the cold winter months where the lady has some vacation days; she is looking to be flown to the EU, wined and dined, taken care of, and *poof* she's gone unless and until she wants another trip. 

Remember this whole dating scam thing is a Billion Dollar industry in a Ukraine. 

One of our members here (I certainly won't say who or give any identifying details) had a huge version of this problem here over the winter months, even the police were called several times, and the wife (and new boyfriend) were trying to wrestle away the apartment he bought.  There's also a kid involved.  Really bad situation, and this is in one of the smaller towns.  So, kind of out in the boondocks without too many people to turn to for help. 

These are issues that are important to talk about and learn from.  It's a big, big part of living in Ukraine.  If you think about it, the TRP is just means to end, for living with a lady here.  The living here with a lady part is the meat and potatoes of it all; the TRP is the soup or salad. 
« Last Edit: 10:39 05-Mar-2018 by Reggie »
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: 10:59 05-Mar-2018 »
"Sponsorship"

One more thing:

The ladies in Ukraine have their own jargon for describing this type of activity. 

[ Look at the advertisement below for some clues ]

They don't call it being a "whore," "hooker," "scam artist," ....  Of course, they don't use the words we use.

They call it ... get ready for it ...SPONSORSHIP (Key Word Alert!).

So, you are either a knowing or unknowing "Sponsor" of a lady.  That's how it is justified as being normal and not exploitative (in their corrupt little brains).

Scan some of the dating ads - they give away their understanding of the prevalence of this game: It has its own name.

They all know this.  The problem is the men all don't know it, because as men, we tend not to talk about it.

Believe me: They are all having dialogue on their own social media sites about "Sponsorship" and "The New Visa Regime".  They are light years ahead of us in understanding what's going on.

Offline sosednik

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 106
  • -Receive: 286
  • Героям слава! Смерть ворогам!
« Reply #19 on: 21:48 05-Mar-2018 »
Reggie,

I believe you are spot-on about men being reluctant to open up about these kinds of painful situations, especially in environments where "machismo" rises to the surface and an admission of problems (especially concerning relationships with women) is likely to get shame-stormed.

I was intermittently involved in the international dating tangle over a period of about 7 years.  I think Tnic has also accumulated some experience.  I'll ponder what I learned that might be useful for others, in hopes of making a contribution.

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4024
  • -Receive: 1729
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #20 on: 07:15 06-Mar-2018 »
Reggie,

I believe you are spot-on about men being reluctant to open up about these kinds of painful situations, especially in environments where "machismo" rises to the surface and an admission of problems (especially concerning relationships with women) is likely to get shame-stormed.

I was intermittently involved in the international dating tangle over a period of about 7 years.  I think Tnic has also accumulated some experience.  I'll ponder what I learned that might be useful for others, in hopes of making a contribution.

I have indeed, mostly positive ones.  It pays to learn to spot the signs.

I?m so used to screwing up, telling others about em is no big deal.  I?d like to think I?m wiser for it, but well...  :D
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: 11:24 06-Mar-2018 »
Reggie,

I believe you are spot-on about men being reluctant to open up

Let me tell you another thing:  The scam industry pulls in somewhere between several hundred million dollars per year and  a billion dollars; and that's only in Ukraine.  Think about that.

So someone's getting scammed, right?  (No great detective work needed for that.)

And you know those Nigerian scammers we always talk about ('Sir, you have inherited 6 bags Gold, if ...'); They are NOT nearly as successful at it as these ladies are ... they are not even freakin' in the same league. 

Think about that too: Are you more likely to fall for a scam from some stinky dude in Nigeria that has to go doody in a hole in the street or someone that will sleep next to you and nibble on your ear and email you bikini photos?  (Assuming you have no Nigerian scammers lying in bed with you.  :D)

Well let me tell you: The romance scam industry is HUGE ... MASSIVE ... and when they dropped the visa requirements to the EU, over Christmas,  men noticed them.   For anyone paying attention it was like watching ducks migrate during winter.  Unmistakable; the birds were in the air.   

And Europe will be a great playground for them; it will difficult for the EU to reign them in; and if things don't work out, it's a quick flight back to Kyiv.  A lot of people are about to get burned in Western Europe.

Think about it:  The Scammers can sit and wait in Odessa for a few 'sex tourists' and make a little money (from a few hundred UAH to 2000 UAH ... not big money, factoring the agency's cut, etc.) ... or they can freelance and travel to the EU (for free!  cha-ching!) and get wined and dined there, and everything that comes with it.  Also there's very little (zero?) stigma associated with this:  They don't consider themselves 'whores' or 'scammers' ... just girls that have been "Sponsored."

Think of it as hunting:

A lady can sit in the forests of Odessa, wait for the target to come to her,  and hope she bags one (and a lot of them do).

Or she can take to the airs of the EU and selectively choose her targets and maximize what she hauls in (+ no agency to share $ with).

« Last Edit: 11:40 06-Mar-2018 by Reggie »

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1605
  • -Receive: 1502
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Carlusha

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: 14:22 06-Mar-2018 »
I love that video of the General.  Pretty much sums up the dating scene in Ukraine.   :D

That video should be uploaded to "YouTube" under the title "General Gives Ukrainian Dating Tips."

If they ever want to make the Movie, starring the general, I found his leading lady:  Ivana Sosiski'ovich Humpalova. 

The General must disarm her iPhone before any more men in Western Europe Get Hurt.  I'd pay $10 to see that movie.

<< Diary of an online dating scam: Man seduced by 'Aleksandra' goes public to warn others>>
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-02/diary-of-an-online-dating-scam-man-seduced-by-woman-goes-public/8314968

Don't let them sap your precious bodily fluids.

For me, what's funny with the General's video, is that it's perfectly consistent with the Actual U.S. Embassy Warning about dating scams in Ukraine.  [See photo]
« Last Edit: 15:00 06-Mar-2018 by Reggie »

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: 15:13 06-Mar-2018 »
BTW, the photo below is one of the honest ones; at least she is tell you up front what she really is after. 

The issue is the ones that don't disclose or give clues as to their real motives.

* Sent to me by one of our own Expatua users.  Really, it's not that hard to see the prevalence of this in Ukraine.

Most Western Governments are now issuing official warnings about Ukraine's romance/marriage/sex scams; they all say it is a big problem.
« Last Edit: 15:29 06-Mar-2018 by Reggie »

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4024
  • -Receive: 1729
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #26 on: 15:50 06-Mar-2018 »
WTH was chicken girl thinking?   :D :D :D
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: 16:28 06-Mar-2018 »
WTH was chicken girl thinking?   :D :D :D

Wait till you see the site in all of its glory!    :D

She's one of the good ones ... at least there is the offer of some food involved. 

I think she is trying to show that she will cook for her man.  It's making me horny already.    :D

Ukrainian girl exposes how some Ukrainian women scam Western Men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4kG94LJAko

[She's not thorough.  She's not efficient.  She hits on some of the key points and leaves a lot out. But hey, she's old enough to be the daughter of most of the men here, and she gets it; she sees and understands the scams clearly.]
« Last Edit: 22:34 06-Mar-2018 by Reggie »

Online K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 127
« Reply #28 on: 19:05 06-Mar-2018 »
This is a forum on Ukraine.  And therefore we should of course talk about Ukraine here.  :) Nevertheless, just as an aside comment, it might be worth to keep in mind that these romance scams are nothing unique to Ukraine.  The same can for example be found in many of the typical mail-order bride destinations.  And of course it is also not only women who play these games, but also men.  Just the countries and target groups are different.

... but as said:  This is of course a forum about Ukraine.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: 21:43 06-Mar-2018 »
these romance scams are nothing unique to Ukraine.

It's one of those statements that is vague.  And, without saying more, can be on the empty side.  Sorry.

The quick and dirty version.  Look:  Your statement is like saying there is pickpocketing in every country.  There is. 
But if you go to Brazil, you will see it is on another level; it has its unique characteristics; it has its unique times, places and targets.

I'll de-construct it.    There are romance scams in other countries.  It's true.  But we learned nothing by just saying that.

However, there are features that are unique to Ukraine (and to other Former Soviet Union Countries). 
Generally, we don't care about the type of romance scams in Afghanistan (because it's not relevant to us; we're in Ukraine, right?  That's why we are talking about Ukraine).

So let's ask a few questions, and unpack your statement:

-- If a German or Frenchman moves to America, Canada or the UK, will he be targetted by romance scams to the degree that occurs in Ukraine?   No, not even freakin' close. 

[All daydreamers that believe this should take a nap if that's the case because in Ukraine it is a huge part of the economy.]

-- Are American, British, Australian ladies writing letters to men in Canada, Cambodia or Russia trying to get their money? 
No.  However, that style of scam is unique to the Ukrainian experience.

-- Are American, British, Australian ladies, by the tens of thousands, trying to use men in Germany to get an EU passport and then ditch the guys?  No.  However, that that style of scam is unique to the Ukrainian experience.

-- Are organized crime groups in the U.S. using ladies to send requests for Western Union payments to men in Sweden? No.

-- Are British government officials involved in profiting from a romance industry built on lies and scams?  No, but in Ukraine that is the case.  * Industries that profit from bride seekers: hotels, discos, taxi companies, meeting halls, etc. are owned by Ukrainian government officials.

-- If the type of romance scams, including their sheer number were occurring in Canada or the U.S., would a law enforcement agency (like the FBI) get involved?  Absolutely, yes.

Jesus Christ: Western Governments issue warnings about sex and romance scams in Ukraine.  That's how bad it is!  They are the same type of warnings they issue about drug cartels in Columbia.  Here's the message:  "This is a big freakin' problem in Ukraine!  Be careful!"   Is it a coincidence the government of Australia, America and Canada issued the same warning?  I don't believe in fairy tales - those warnings were issued because it is a huge problem.

So, while there are romance scams in other countries, they are not exactly the same as the ones in Former Soviet Union countries.  The difference is like the difference between a grain of sand and the desert.   Romance-scams in Ukraine are more prevalent than Nigerian Email Scams.

Are there gold diggers or ladies with a nasty disposition in America?  Sure there are: some dirty, nasty, downright venomous ones too.  But generally they're trying to get big divorce settlements from Johnny Depp or the CEO of IBM Co.; they are not trying to ensnare 100,000 random Frenchmen per year to buy them airline tickets or send them Western Union payments under false pretenses.  :D

The target of the American gold digger, is her American husband; nobody else outside of U.S borders; and certainly she does not target people based on where they are citizens ("Men from the EU" / "Men From Australia").

Gold digging American ladies are mostly focused on famous or wealthy American males; and that generally relates to exploiting divorce proceedings to get a pay day.

The target of the Ukrainian gold digger is everyone outside of Ukraine's borders from a developed country.  Why is that relevant to our class of people?  Because we fit that profile.  We are the foreign men from outside of Ukraine's borders.

Ukraine's romance-scam industry, if we can call it that, is probably a bigger percentage of Ukraine's economy than the rice business is of China's economy.  And I don't say that to be funny: I literally mean it's a larger part of the economy % wise.  That's how prevalent it is.

Ukraine's GDP is about 80 Billion (mostly ferrous and nonferrous metals, chemicals, machinery, fuel and petroleum products, transport equipment and food products).  Now if you factor-in romance sex scam income, you will understand that it is one of, if not THE, defining part of Ukraine's economy.
« Last Edit: 22:25 06-Mar-2018 by Reggie »