Author Topic: Cooking - a simple survey for you  (Read 838 times)

Carlusha

Re: Cooking - a simple survey for you
« Reply #15 on: 23:44 12-Mar-2018 »

"I like getting hit in the balls with a hammer, and my Ukrainian girl is happy hitting me in the balls with a hammer."

Miley does it better .....

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4013
  • -Receive: 1729
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #16 on: 02:13 13-Mar-2018 »
 :D :D :D
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #17 on: 10:36 13-Mar-2018 »
How about adding another line to the poll.

Frank, you know I'm joking?   Remember, one of my choices was "badges ..."
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: 10:55 13-Mar-2018 »

I think Miley's photo doesn't even warrant the label 'nudity.'  Her bits and pieces don't rise to that level.  Poor kids these days.

Now back in my day ...  :D ... there was so much shrubbery involved that you could've knitted a pair of mittens right then and there.  Some of those ladies were basically hiding a werewolf in their pants.  :D

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 501
  • -Receive: 341
« Reply #19 on: 13:41 13-Mar-2018 »
I found a key ingredient (no pun intended) to surviving and being content in Ukraine is cooking my own food every day.
Steak, curry, fresh juices, grilled vegetables, pasta, rice, oatmeal. These were not foods my wife was knowledgeable about. Now she is very handy with soups (Borscht!, fish soup, chicken soup, and salads - like a Sous Chef )
I assumed the role of Chef de Cuisine as we used to joke - grilling meat, sauces, assembling dishes.
My wife liked to chop up ingredients although she sometimes chopped her fingers a little  :D
She stayed away from the oven (pronounced Owen like Owen Wilson  :D ;) ) due to a childhood accident with a contentious gas "Owen".  :D :D ;D

So I am in the 1% category it seems by the poll numbers but the food I eat I trust. Ukrainian kitchen are hit or miss.
Never had anything undercooked or poor quality at Puzata Hata :) some other restaurants...let's just say it's best to examine food before sticking a piece of uncooked fish down yer gullet  :-[

Believe it or not food can be a great bonding activity for a man and his significant other. Ukraine has a solid foundation of vegetables grown in "black gold" soil (Nazis would ship this soil by train to Germany during WWII someone told me)

Beef is not a mainstay like in the States but there are options for VERY tasty cuts. Chicken/Duck/Turkey/Fish/Pork, Pork and more Pork/Hens/Crawfish - a plethora of options for every taste..I was even able to experiment with Peking Duck due to the inexpensive home duck available (non-frozen). That would be a once a year, maybe..,dish in the States. Was delicious!

There isn't quite the same variety with Ukrainian restaurant kitchens but restaurants like Bao are available but maybe a little pricey for everyday dining (unless your RICH like Reggie!)  ;)

Then there are the fresh herbs, sauces, pickled EVERYTHING!  :D except, thank goodness, pickled eggs  :D  :D

Do you guys remember those eggs that would sit on convenience store counters filled with dubious looking hard boiled eggs swimming in god knows what? And the world thinks Chernobyl was bad, just have me eat a few of those puppies and stand back, Waaayyyy back  :o :o :o

Carlusha

« Reply #20 on: 14:09 13-Mar-2018 »

I think Miley's photo doesn't even warrant the label 'nudity.'  Her bits and pieces don't rise to that level.  Poor kids these days.

:D :D :D   Well, agreed there but, honest, I did not notice Miley and her body as I was totally focused on the ball .... In Blighty, by the way, a ball and chain is slang for the wife who won't let you do or go anywhere without her.

"I like getting hit in the balls with a hammer, and my Ukrainian girl is happy hitting me in the balls with a hammer."

Carlusha

« Reply #21 on: 10:08 28-Mar-2018 »
Forgot about our poll which closed automatically on 23rd March. You can now check the results. No surprises except that one vote for:

My Ukrainian wife or girlfriend likes to eat out every day!

I have no idea who posted this. For all I know, the vote may have been cast by a lady member of expatua!

Apologies for not allowing for this.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3103
  • -Receive: 4822
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #22 on: 13:24 28-Mar-2018 »
Only 15 people replied? Sad.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: 13:57 28-Mar-2018 »

It looks like it's 9 to 6 -- the cookers edging out the non-cookers. 

Anyway, good job Doos.   Keep the polls coming. 

Carlusha

« Reply #24 on: 18:42 28-Mar-2018 »

It looks like it's 9 to 6 -- the cookers edging out the non-cookers. 

Anyway, good job Doos.   Keep the polls coming.

I am pretty sure you can start one very easily. Can't wait!!!  ;)