Author Topic: And the winner of the Russian election is  (Read 609 times)

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1612
  • 100% Against jellied eels
And the winner of the Russian election is
« on: 10:43 19-Mar-2018 »

Mikhael Jacksonova the Kremlin-based midgetsky, formerly of the Bee Gees; now of European Nerve Agent fame.

And remember kids ... never wrestle bears without first getting a few botox injections. 

"Dmitiri, I am so sorry I forgot women's day.  I will buy you some peasant children and roses next year."

🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 94
Re: And the winner of the Russian election is
« Reply #1 on: 17:19 19-Mar-2018 »
Some people get so bothered by the lack of Western democracy in Russia.

Surely if we have learned anything in the last few decades it is that democracy is not for all people, either it is not important to them or they are just not suited for it.

Does anyone imagine african nations will be a nastion of democracy? Even if the people had a passion for it, the leaders simply find democracy as a cheap way to gain control of a country.

Much can be said for large parts of the Middle East.

Mark Styne wrote a book AFTER AMERICA which really raised the point of what the world will be like if America, the Super-power declines to the power of say a coomon European country.
Just take any part of the USA that now demographically resembles, what immigration will do to the country as a whole. So imagine the whole country resembles California (without federal substidies)...... how long would the US retain it's solvent powerful self which is the main enforcer of the world order.

Russians are developing their own version of democracy and apparently not very many people (there) seem to mind.

AFTER AMERICA, a thought provoking book to read.
Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1612
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #2 on: 19:38 19-Mar-2018 »

If it were only that simple. 

If the Russian mentality never left Russia, then maybe I'd say 'ok' ... f--k 'em.  They want to be an authoritarian / communist cesspool?  Go right ahead; your life.

But they want to export their stink across other borders.  And that's why democracy must be brought to Russia; contain the virus before it spreads. 

Surely if we have learned anything in the last few decades it is that democracy is not for all people, either it is not important to them or they are just not suited for it.

I can agree with this for some contexts. 

I mean, if Ukraine had 1 honest King in some ways it would be better for 1 guy to be ripping off the country, instead of 100,000 Oligarchs, Mafia figures, Local Cops, and so on.

He could also do medieval  torture on the bad drivers; it might improve road conditions.
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 944
  • -Receive: 755
  • Death to (your name here)!
« Reply #3 on: 04:54 20-Mar-2018 »
The results are in, Vladimir won 30%, the Kremlin-based midget won 70%!!

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 20:06 31-Mar-2018 »

If it were only that simple. 

If the Russian mentality never left Russia, then maybe I'd say 'ok' ... f--k 'em.  They want to be an authoritarian / communist cesspool?  Go right ahead; your life.

But they want to export their stink across other borders.  And that's why democracy must be brought to Russia; contain the virus before it spreads. 

I can agree with this for some contexts. 

I mean, if Ukraine had 1 honest King in some ways it would be better for 1 guy to be ripping off the country, instead of 100,000 Oligarchs, Mafia figures, Local Cops, and so on.

He could also do medieval  torture on the bad drivers; it might improve road conditions.

But hold on the USA is the premier democracy and we are involved in more elections in more countries than anyone. How many countries has Russia decided to overthrow?  Is Russian presence any more dominate than say the US policy with Cuba?

Powerful countries need to shore up that power and create buffer zones. At least the Kremlin-based midget stays in his neighborhood.

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 944
  • -Receive: 755
  • Death to (your name here)!
« Reply #5 on: 07:06 02-Apr-2018 »

Powerful countries need to shore up that power and create buffer zones. At least the Kremlin-based midget stays in his neighborhood.

FYI: Ukraine is a not a "buffer zone" it is a SOVEREIGN country.

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 22:54 12-Apr-2018 »

FYI: Ukraine is a not a "buffer zone" it is a SOVEREIGN country.

So is Cuba a sovereign country, as is Mexico, yet they are doctrinal buffer zones. This is called reality. The US seized upon the disarray of Russia after the fall to encroach on their buffer zones. the Kremlin-based midget has wisely (in a tactical sense) drawn the line at Ukraine.