Author Topic: Russian / Ukrainian Facebook?  (Read 335 times)

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Russian / Ukrainian Facebook?
« on: 16:20 01-May-2018 »
Honestly, I don't know what this is:  A Ukrainian / Russian Facebook?  A dating site? 

No idea.  I'll just put it here, and whoever wants to can figure it out.   Made me feel nauseous browsing through it.

But I think if you have no experience with Ukraine and you are wondering about the place, scrolling through gives you an idea (or maybe not).   

https://ok.ru/tatyana.perepelitsakuzmenko?st.layer.cmd=PopLayerClose&st._forceSetHistory=true&st._aid=LeeftColumn_Friends_UserCard

And, apparently, this is a Slavic dating site where Slavic people scam other Slavic people (forwarded to me by a Ukrainian guy who had bad experiences there).  I have no experience with this - so, buyer beware.   Honestly, it also made me feel nauseous.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://znakomstva.net/znakomstva/shirokoe&prev=search

* Not recommending any of these sites.  In fact, you will probably feel unwell just looking at them. 
« Last Edit: 16:27 01-May-2018 by Reggie »

🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline Tiancai

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 82
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Russian / Ukrainian Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: 08:58 02-May-2018 »
It's a Russian site, and it's officially blocked in Ukraine, if you can access it you must either be outside Ukraine or using VPN ;)

(that's for the first site)

The second site I've never heard of, seems to work here but takes like 5 minutes to load due to it trying to load some content from the banned VK.com.
« Last Edit: 09:02 02-May-2018 by Tiancai »

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 09:11 02-May-2018 »
It's a Russian site, and it's officially blocked in Ukraine, if you can access it you must either be outside Ukraine or using VPN ;)

Nope. 

I can access it just fine, no VPN.

Let the discussion of Ukraine's blocking technology begin.

It may be due to the fact that I ate all the potatoes they used to cover my router -- maybe some of the signal is still getting through to these trivial and otherwise insignificant websites. 

Wait I just checked some Ukrainians there, it looks like they are also getting through:

So we need a new theory.   

Maybe they just blocked you?   

Try one of these.  Then all that juicy secret Russian dating info is beamed directly to you.   No more waiting to see tattooed-on eyebrows and hooker shoes.  With one click, all the love flows straight to the brain.   Bzzzzzzzzzzzz.  Ahhhhhhh.   So much better.
« Last Edit: 09:19 02-May-2018 by Reggie »

Offline Tiancai

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 82
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #3 on: 09:28 02-May-2018 »
Well, it's clearly blocked on my end, maybe depends on provider though. Obviously there are Ukrainians accessing those blocked sites, but they usually do it through VPN, as most providers blocked these sites like they were supposed to by law.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 09:30 02-May-2018 »
Well, it's clearly blocked on my end, maybe depends on provider though. Obviously there are Ukrainians accessing those blocked sites, but they usually do it through VPN, as most providers blocked these sites like they were supposed to by law.

Don't worry.  Soon everyone will have a free unlimited lifetime membership to "Reggie's Top Models" ... no VPN required.

Look what she sent me ... true love ... I only have to give my credit card number for a little more tenderness:

:P :P :P :P

« Last Edit: 09:48 02-May-2018 by Reggie »

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4013
  • -Receive: 1729
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #5 on: 09:50 02-May-2018 »
 :D :D :D
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 09:51 02-May-2018 »
:D :D :D

Whenever you laugh.  I can't stop.  Out of control laughing.  We must be hard-wired into the same grid. 

:D :D :D :D :D

Carlusha

« Reply #7 on: 22:08 02-May-2018 »

Of course it depends upon the ISPs conforming to Ukrainian internet control requirements.

Meanwhile, if you are curious, then simply use Opera's free browser that comes with a free VPN that you can turn on/off without any hassle so that you can appear to be located in either of the Americas, Asia or Europe - your choice.