Author Topic: Whats required for iphone?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
Re: Whats required for iphone?
« Reply #30 on: 05:42 02-Apr-2018 »
And don't forget to bring a duck-head!

Yes your new GF or Wife's family will appreciate the gesture!

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 94
« Reply #31 on: 22:47 12-Apr-2018 »

a ducks head?
Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #32 on: 23:24 12-Apr-2018 »

a ducks head?

In English, the charger or charger/adapter for European 220v (not UK 240v) is called a duck head.  The apple brand phone adapter is one piece and the larger adapter for iPads allows you to remove the 110v adapter and replace with the 220v that makes it a duck head.  The recommendation then is that you bring the phone with the appropriate adapter so you don't have to shop for one and end up with one of those cheapie adapters that you can buy everywhere in Ukraine, but only last a week or don't actually fit in those cylindrical wall sockets very well.  In fact, bring two, one for the wall and one for the purse.   And if you are really generous, a 10' lightning charge cable, perhaps?  Everything is on Amazon or ebay.   Some non-certified are crap, some are O.K.   Some Apple brand duck heads or charge cables on ebay are fake and lower quality.  It can be painful to put a Ukrainian who earns a few hundred a month in a position where they need $70 of stuff for a fancy phone.  You might bring a screen protector and some sort of case that might appeal to a recipient, if it is a gift.  Screen protectors can be ridiculous expensive at "Apple" shops in Ukraine.

Tnic

« Reply #33 on: 11:31 13-Apr-2018 »
Quack Quack?

My charger adapter (in fact all of them for all of my devices) is dual Voltage (120/240) so I just use these handy little pin adapters.