Author Topic: Renew my address? PR  (Read 763 times)

Offline madfaceinvasion

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 22
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Renew my address? PR
« on: 14:14 08-May-2018 »
Hello, I searched the forum but could not find any answer.
Last year I managed to get my permanent residence permit, which was a real pain to get.
I had issues registering an address because my wife family didnt want to register me there.
So my lawyer got me an address and I paid some money for it.
Now one year later, they tell me they are unregistering me from that address, unless I pay the same cash again.
I really need to renew my address, or as long as I have my PR, it is fine?
I would have registered the apartment I rent per month, but not sure the owner would accept, plus I plan on moving to another address.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1612
  • 100% Against jellied eels
Re: Renew my address? PR
« Reply #1 on: 14:23 08-May-2018 »

You have 2 questions:

1 - Is a person with permanent residency required to have a registered address?

2 - What are the consequences on your PR status of being un-registererd?

If you live here in Ukraine, the answer to #1 is 'yes'.

Don't know if you don't live here.

And don't know #2. 

Maybe ask here http://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/con/visa
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline madfaceinvasion

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 14:32 08-May-2018 »
Yes I live in Ukraine.
They told me they can renew if I pay.
But max 3 years, because they say if someone is registered in an address for more than 3 years, they have some shares over the home ownership or something like that.
I thought I was done when I got my hard earned PR... it looks like I am not......

Offline Pantherdk

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #3 on: 15:21 08-May-2018 »
But max 3 years, because they say if someone is registered in an address for more than 3 years, they have some shares over the home ownership or something like that.

This is a old folktale that have nothing tru in it, but good luck convincing them :)

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2503
  • -Receive: 1919
« Reply #4 on: 15:40 08-May-2018 »
It may be required to be legal but I doubt that it will come up again until the PR expires. (Yes they expire) I've had mine several years and no ones looked at it.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline madfaceinvasion

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: 15:42 08-May-2018 »

This is a old folktale that have nothing tru in it, but good luck convincing them :)
Tell me about it..
Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy in Ukraine... the system is so flawed
Even lawyers, and people working in Ovirs dont have the right answers.
An ovir nearby told me back in the days I could not get PR unless I do this and that and this.. and wait xx years.. but that was all lies.
I just dont want problems, but I doubt the airport border control check if my address is still valid.
Maybe I need to buy an old house or something.
But tbh, Ukraine is not what it used to, after the war so many things changed, and it is like everybody is going to Poland
I still love Ukraine, but that country definitely make you go crazy...!

Offline madfaceinvasion

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 15:44 08-May-2018 »
It may be required to be legal but I doubt that it will come up again until the PR expires. (Yes they expire) I've had mine several years and no ones looked at it.
I heard its when you reach  25/45 years old or something.
And it never expire, you just need to renew it, like ukrainian renew their passports every xx years

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 16:59 08-May-2018 »

Sometimes I feel like I am going crazy in Ukraine... the system is so flawed
Even lawyers, and people working in Ovirs dont have the right answers.
An ovir nearby told me back in the days I could not get PR unless I do this and that and this.. and wait xx years.. but that was all lies.
I just dont want problems

100% True.   Anyone wanting to come to Ukraine should read it.

This is a part of coming here, and staying here.

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #8 on: 05:12 09-May-2018 »
I heard its when you reach  25/45 years old or something.
And it never expire, you just need to renew it, like ukrainian renew their passports every xx years

Yeah all they really wanna do is update your photo. Maybe when we get access to plastic ID we will need to take new photos. My PR does not have an expiration date.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2503
  • -Receive: 1919
« Reply #9 on: 10:29 09-May-2018 »
Ok... Not an actual expiration date. But you needon't to re-new it at 65 yo. 
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline madfaceinvasion

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 12:58 09-May-2018 »
But what about my address
I should get a new one, or they never check?

Offline Tiancai

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 82
« Reply #11 on: 14:24 09-May-2018 »
Now one year later, they tell me they are unregistering me from that address, unless I pay the same cash again.

If you have any children under 14, you can register them with you on this address (no permission of the owner needed), and they will have a really hard time unregistering you, cause Ukrainian law makes it almost impossible to unregister an underage child, and the same law also stipulates that a child can't be registered by him/herself without either of the parents, and unregistering you would mean creating exactly such a situation, so they can't do it.

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: 14:53 09-May-2018 »

If you have any children under 14, you can register them with you on this address (no permission of the owner needed), and they will have a really hard time unregistering you, cause Ukrainian law makes it almost impossible to unregister an underage child

Is this correct?   Because then people will not register anyone with a child or of child-bearing age.   Maybe it's correct; I don't know.  Just a little surprised.

The second thing is, even if children are difficult to unregister, wouldn't they still be able to unregister him?

I don't know the answers to any of this, but these questions came to mind.

Offline Tiancai

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 82
« Reply #13 on: 08:08 10-May-2018 »
Is this correct?   Because then people will not register anyone with a child or of child-bearing age.   Maybe it's correct; I don't know.  Just a little surprised.

The second thing is, even if children are difficult to unregister, wouldn't they still be able to unregister him?

I don't know the answers to any of this, but these questions came to mind.

The thing is, it's pretty difficult to get permanent registration somewhere for money being a Ukrainian citizen, for these and other legal reasons, so landlords usually offer temporary registration (which is fine, because for a Ukrainian citizen it doesn't really matter what type of registration you have, you can enjoy the same rights with temporary registration, and you can even live without any registration whatsoever).

However, with foreigners, you must get permanent registration for PRP, temporary won't cut it, but it's pretty simple to unregister someone, especially a foreigner. However, I'm sure most landlords don't expect a foreigner to have Ukrainian citizen kids, and certainly don't expect them to register the kids with the foreign parent (generally, parents tend to register the kids with the Ukrainian parent). So basically, they don't expect this situation to occur (due to very low probability), and there is no way really for them to prevent this from happening, because they can neither check if you have any children already, nor ensure that you won't have any children after getting your registration at their place ;)

It is possible to unregister a child, but it's a huge hassle (convincing the court and also getting permission from CPS), not to mention that there's a real chance of being denied by the court and/or CPS if the landlord can't prove that the child has some other residence in Ukraine where he/she could be registered instead of their place.

Offline madfaceinvasion

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: 10:06 10-May-2018 »
I wont renew or register another address, and I will see if I get into troubles at the airport
If it happens, I will say I didnt know I had to renew my address.
I know it is not really legal, I want to be legal, but the ukrainian system make it so hard.
But when I find my new apartment, hopefully my landlord will be nice and accept to register me.