Author Topic: Why doesn't Ukraine do this-  (Read 896 times)

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 94
Why doesn't Ukraine do this-
« on: 15:01 22-Aug-2018 »
Why doesnt Ukraine make simple changes in their immigration laws to allow retirees from select counties to
life in Ukraine on long term visas?

It would seem like a win for Ukraine to have a cash flow from low-cost, long-term visitors as other counties have done.

Of course, some provisions would have to be made for medical care so that the State is not burdened but that does not seem to complicated.
 While I would not expect a flood of "takers," the low cost living in a (white country) might attract some mid income Europeans or Americans.

Why not?

Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
Re: Why doesn't Ukraine do this-
« Reply #1 on: 15:19 22-Aug-2018 »
Why doesnt Ukraine make simple changes in their immigration laws to allow retirees from select counties to

It would seem like a win for Ukraine to have a cash flow from low-cost, long-term visitors as other counties have done.

Of course, some provisions would have to be made for medical care so that the State is not burdened but that does not seem to complicated.
 While I would not expect a flood of "takers," the low cost living in a (white country) might attract some mid income Europeans or Americans.

Why not?

Because this is Ukraine and they don't do anything that actually makes sense, no matter how efficient it is. So there!!!

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 15:27 22-Aug-2018 »
Yeah, I could imagine some enterprising developer creating a Ukraine SUN CITY.

Tnic

« Reply #3 on: 19:02 22-Aug-2018 »

Why not?

Because this is Ukraine and they don't do anything that actually makes sense, no matter how efficient it is. So there!!!

Not to mention they're FAR too short sighted to see the long term advantages in your plot.  That and there's not enough cash in it for them that collects the fees.

Yes, they really would cut off their nose to spite their face.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #4 on: 02:34 23-Aug-2018 »
Ukraine regards unilateral easing of visa requirements as a gift to foreigners and wants it to be reciprocal so Ukrainians can live in Western Countries where some 60% of Ukrainians would prefer to be.  Think of it from how it would look to the Ukrainians on the street if thousands of old Americans are moving into Ukraine, but Ukrainians still can't live in America.  Yes, it would be a boost to the economy, but there is a theoretical, potential political backlash.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
« Reply #5 on: 08:44 23-Aug-2018 »

They already have done this. A PR visa is obtainable thru several ways and already allows long term stays.  I've got mine along with many on this board.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: 09:03 23-Aug-2018 »

They already have done this. A PR visa is obtainable thru several ways and already allows long term stays.  I've got mine along with many on this board.

I refrained from telling the OP this....I thought it was a rather comical statement from the OP.  We all have to have our fun.

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 13:01 24-Aug-2018 »

I refrained from telling the OP this....I thought it was a rather comical statement from the OP.  We all have to have our fun.

What is a PR visa, is that contingent on a family connection?

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: 16:26 25-Aug-2018 »

What is a PR visa, is that contingent on a family connection?

PR is Permanent Resident. Based on family, like getting married for example. PR can do anything a Ukrainian Citizen can (which isn't much) except share their dismal Internationall Visa.

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #9 on: 00:39 26-Aug-2018 »
I don't think the PR based on a family connection or a Visa for owning a business or employment really fits the retirement idea.  The idea is more like the business Poland does by attracting a lot of dying old people, from Germany to Polish nursing homes, because of the low cost of eldercare.  You can well imagine that the cost of skilled nursing home, internment is astronomical in Germany, so this is big business.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
« Reply #10 on: 19:59 27-Aug-2018 »
A 2 year marriage is but one of the ways.

Do some D+D like we did.   ::)
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff