Author Topic: On Safari... In Crimea with Oleg the Lion Whisperer  (Read 946 times)

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
Dramatic Footage from Crimea of Lion jumping tourists in open canopy, tourist vehicle that looks like a stretch golf cart.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/lion-climbs-into-safari-vehicle-shocking-tourists-inside/ar-BBMW2hi?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 541
  • -Receive: 341
Re: On Safari... In Crimea with Oleg the Lion Whisperer
« Reply #1 on: 11:23 06-Sep-2018 »

Offline Jay

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 888
  • -Receive: 314
« Reply #2 on: 10:01 11-Sep-2018 »
Dramatic Footage from Crimea of Lion jumping tourists in open canopy, tourist vehicle that looks like a stretch golf cart.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/lion-climbs-into-safari-vehicle-shocking-tourists-inside/ar-BBMW2hi?ocid=spartanntp

I saw the footage on news and did not take much notice of the where -- until now !

Being glib -- "only in Ukraine" was my first thought here !!

Sometimes I feel like such a 'worry wart" when contemplating  every action in Ukraine  --  from the adventure of everyday driving to looking at  the engineering and maintenance of amusement part attractions  and the emergency exits to movie theatre's !
Not long after my lady caught me checking that out -- there was a fire in a complex in eastern Russia that saw many children and adults lose their lives in a fire where the exits were  locked and blocked - needless to say that has given rise to numerous discussions virtually everywhere we go now !
Last winter  ( often over a period of time) I had been pointing out  why one needed to watch what was happening around them and  the danger of standing ( at lights or anywhere) to close to the road and explaining why --- when  !!  a garbage truck in attempting to turn the corner on iced road slid diagonally right across the intersection  and flattened everything in it's path !  No one hurt as it was all in relative slow motion  !

Building sites and road workers are amongst my "favourites !!

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #3 on: 10:16 11-Sep-2018 »

I saw the footage on news and did not take much notice of the where -- until now !

Being glib -- "only in Ukraine" was my first thought here !!

Sometimes I feel like such a 'worry wart" when contemplating  every action in Ukraine  --  from the adventure of everyday driving to looking at  the engineering and maintenance of amusement part attractions  and the emergency exits to movie theatre's !
Not long after my lady caught me checking that out -- there was a fire in a complex in eastern Russia that saw many children and adults lose their lives in a fire where the exits were  locked and blocked - needless to say that has given rise to numerous discussions virtually everywhere we go now !
Last winter  ( often over a period of time) I had been pointing out  why one needed to watch what was happening around them and  the danger of standing ( at lights or anywhere) to close to the road and explaining why --- when  !!  a garbage truck in attempting to turn the corner on iced road slid diagonally right across the intersection  and flattened everything in it's path !  No one hurt as it was all in relative slow motion  !

Building sites and road workers are amongst my "favourites !!

Sometimes it seems like every family in Ukraine has a close friend or relative that died in a motorcycle accident.  The Russian shopping mall, fire was one of those situations where some Oligarch who is doubtless close to people close to the Kremlin-based midget, converted a factory into a mall.  So, the building wasn't really designed for its purpose.  And they locked the exits too.  I don't recall anyone held responsible.  Parents  of victims were accused of trying to profit from the situation.