Author Topic: Booking honeymoon - advise please :)  (Read 455 times)

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 24
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Booking honeymoon - advise please :)
« on: 07:56 25-Sep-2018 »
Hi, I?m looking to book a honeymoon for me and my wife to be. Currently I?m here in Ukraine. Any travel agency recommendations on Kiev region or good websites? Not quite sure what will work out cheaper. Thank you!

Offline julienp

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 300
Re: Booking honeymoon - advise please :)
« Reply #1 on: 09:37 25-Sep-2018 »
Hi, I'm looking to book a honeymoon for me and my wife to be. Currently, I'm here in Ukraine. Any travel agency recommendations on Kiev region or good websites? Not quite sure what will work out cheaper. Thank you!
I can recommend NOT to use TUI, we had a very bad experience with them...
Flight details changed many times (different days !), ending up arriving at 4am. And then the hotel telling us we have to wait until 3pm to check-in

Offline David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1030
  • -Receive: 1340
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #2 on: 10:21 25-Sep-2018 »
Generally, it is going to be cheaper to book a package or make a plan yourself.  If it is going to be a guided tour, she might prefer it conducted in Russian.  Destinations would be easier.  They all like going to France, and it is getting into the off season, with a lower price.  They all like Mexico, but expensive.  Dominican Republic, Powdered sugar beaches and great resorts for prices that are not horrible.   A budget, but popular destination is Cyprus.  A budget but not quite so popular option is Sharma Egypt.  Turkey is inexpensive and acceptable to them, but dangerous for Westerners today.  Italy or Greece might be reasonable options.  Tourist season is beginning in India.  You can only see part of India on any vacation of reasonable duration.   They might not like a visit to China.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
« Reply #3 on: 11:08 25-Sep-2018 »
We went to Turkey last spring and it was great. No sense of fears from anyone. We did stay at a resort surrounded by Russians and there was no problems of any sort.
 Egypt is another option for a moderate cost trip. Tour the sights and temples or just hang out along the Red Sea or even the Med. We used a local agaency here in Cherkasy with an agent we know.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff