Author Topic: Carrying both passport and TRP..?  (Read 698 times)

Offline James1

• Subscriber
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 24
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Carrying both passport and TRP..?
« on: 16:33 01-Oct-2018 »
Should I carry around with me all the time both my passport and TRP? Or is it better to carry copies?

Tnic

Re: Carrying both passport and TRP..?
« Reply #1 on: 19:02 01-Oct-2018 »
With the exception of PP control at the airport, no one's asked for it except for a CC purchase at Foxtrot and my Maine DL was enough to ID me.  I don't bother carrying either.

Offline steveo

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 245
  • -Receive: 417
« Reply #2 on: 05:21 02-Oct-2018 »
I carry round both, originals, it's a habit, you can get by with another form of ID in most cases, but if you meet a cop desperate for a bribe, it might take up your time, or 50 UAH, or more, because it is the law that you need to have it on your person. My girlfriend takes hers everywhere with her too. 

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #3 on: 06:38 02-Oct-2018 »
I carry my original passport and a copy of my PR inside along with my Ukrainian D.L. When asked for i.d. I simply hand them the DL if they want more then the PR.

Offline SteveH

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 983
  • -Receive: 251
« Reply #4 on: 11:12 23-Mar-2019 »
I always carry a copy of my passport page and it is good policy to have a photo on your mobile or a copy of your most recent Border Entry Stamp.
The Militia will often try to grab and handle a real passport, expecting a bribe for its return, they are Not supposed to touch it (UK Passport) Only look.
Be firm with them.