Author Topic: Occupying oneself as an expat  (Read 755 times)

Offline Watsong

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Occupying oneself as an expat
« Reply #15 on: 12:33 04-Oct-2018 »
@David: Very interesting. Such a thought never crossed my mind. If true... , it follows that kyivkpic's advice is quite right. Thank you, both for your advice.

Not that I haven't been trying to gradually raise her quality of life. There's a really tough mental barrier, in which my offers to buy things are rejected. My intentions to spend money - even on myself, advised as wasting money. I'm making very slow progress. But any progress is good.

Of the two times we've been abroad together, (one visit was to Rome, on the basis of building a better case for getting a Visa to the UK), both times she said to herself, "Better not to go anywhere". Yet, when asked about it, she was kind of split about how she felt. When we got abroad - she loved every day.

My parents can't come to Ukraine because my mum is disabled in a way that doesn't let her travel long distances. My dad looks after my mum every day.

Offline Danno99

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 93
« Reply #16 on: 17:25 09-Oct-2018 »
To kill boredom and interact with fresh people, I sit in classes at an english language school to help the students and even the teachers a bit. I have not asked for money but when I see the cash trading hands with the administrator, I think about doing the same thing out of my flat....... but then again, I like to do when I feel like it.
Montaigne's axiom: "Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4013
  • -Receive: 1729
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #17 on: 19:17 09-Oct-2018 »
To kill boredom and interact with fresh people, I sit in classes at an english language school to help the students and even the teachers a bit. I have not asked for money but when I see the cash trading hands with the administrator, I think about doing the same thing out of my flat....... but then again, I like to do when I feel like it.

There's an English Club (School) near our apartment.  I've thought about doing the same thing, but then my retired lazy streak kicks in.   :D
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.