Author Topic: new customs tax code  (Read 714 times)

Offline Ron-n-Sveta

• Vip Lounge member
  • Expat VS
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 50
  • we live here
new customs tax code
« on: 16:15 02-Nov-2018 »
just received information from meest about this...

https://petition.president.gov.ua/petition/47818

Dear user of MY.MEEST.US service!

Please be informed that on October 25, 2018, a closed meeting of the working group on processing changes to the Customs and Tax Codes of Ukraine took place in the premises of the Committees of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. The meeting was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, the State Fiscal Service and postal operators and express carriers operating in Ukraine.

The subject of the meeting was the consideration of draft amendments to the Customs and Tax Codes of Ukraine, which, if adopted, would have negative consequences for the ordinary citizens of Ukraine:

All foreign parcels cost more than EUR 22 will be subject to VAT, which will automatically increase the cost of purchases in foreign online stores by at least 30%.
Departing from the workers / diaspora in Ukraine more expensive 22 euros will also be subject to VAT, so there may be a situation where a gift will need to pay VAT.
More about the link

read and sign pation

Offline Eddie

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 23
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: new customs tax code
« Reply #1 on: 15:55 16-Jan-2019 »
Anyone know if this has been adopted or there have been any changes in the way Meest operates?  I need to send some personal parcels of household goods (USA to Ukie land) this Spring and don't want to get caught up in paying VAT.  Never have any even been inspected to my knowledge.

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2435
  • -Receive: 1851
« Reply #2 on: 15:57 16-Jan-2019 »
Write or call Meest and find out straight from them. They will know. 

Then please let us know for sure.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4001
  • -Receive: 1726
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #3 on: 17:31 16-Jan-2019 »
I have a shipment that just left Lviv sorting ctr today and is headed my way.  If the VAT was paid it was included in the payment I made a few days ago to send the package from Meest's hub in NJ.  I can't find an itemized payment record.

So if there's a VAT then its quite seamless or we'll have to fork over some UAH when the lad knocks on the door with my goodies.
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.

Offline shuggah21

• Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 63
  • -Receive: 120
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #4 on: 22:10 16-Jan-2019 »
Meest probably knows who to pay off to avoid the VAT.