Author Topic: Kitchen Design/Cabinets Company Person  (Read 1626 times)

Offline wolfcastle

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Kitchen Design/Cabinets Company Person
« on: 11:21 18-Dec-2018 »
Hey everyone,
I'm in Bila Tserkva, Ukraine, not far from Kiev, and we recently bought one side of a duplex and are currently doing the build-out (repairs).  Does anyone know of a good company or person that does kitchen cabinets.  I know there is a lot online, and some websites that have modular ones, but I thought I would ask the community here.  I know in an earlier thread about contractors or turn-key business, AkMike recommended someone from Cherkasy, but I was looking for someone specifically for kitchen cabinets and counters.  And has anyone done granite counter tops here?  Was it reasonably priced here, or really pricey?  Any advice or thoughts are welcome. 

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
Re: Kitchen Design/Cabinets Company Person
« Reply #1 on: 16:18 18-Dec-2018 »
Kitchen stuff should be easy. We actually had some made here in Cherkasy and they went to Kyiv to do the installation. Then later on we had another done by the same outfit here.

Ask around BT and I'm sure that there are several with good 'reps' that'll do what you want.  If all else fails a trip to Epicenter will produce results. If you want a trip to Kyiv I bet that Leroy-Merlin will have them too. But IMO you'll get a better/cheaper product from a local guy that'll back up his workmanship.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #2 on: 03:21 19-Dec-2018 »
I live in BT, I have a good guy and crew who rebuilt our kitchen, PM me I will get his name for you.
« Last Edit: 07:02 19-Dec-2018 by Fraucha »

Tnic

« Reply #3 on: 12:52 19-Dec-2018 »
Fraucha's been in BT for several years and has a lot of good contacts that can help you out.  Get with him.

Offline wolfcastle

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #4 on: 12:08 20-Dec-2018 »
Thanks everyone for your help. 

Offline VGera

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 137
  • Is everything already bad, or still getting worse?
« Reply #5 on: 13:41 21-Dec-2018 »
And has anyone done granite counter tops here? 

They are very reasonably priced as long as this is the local stone. Unless you want to have the one done from some special variety of Granite from Italy. Kiev dealers may heet up the price a bit but if you go directly to a stone maker you will be pleasently surprized buy their prices.