Author Topic: Laughing off the Election: Volodymyr Zelenskiy  (Read 2070 times)

Offline steveo

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 244
  • -Receive: 411
  • Growing older is no excuse for growing up.
Re: Laughing off the Election: Volodymyr Zelenskiy
« Reply #30 on: 18:40 12-Apr-2019 »
I have a rather unique view of this election, my office is opposite Block Petro Poroshenko's local city council office, our local city council Deputy Larisa, and her staff, have two/three offices opposite mine. My landlord (I suppose) and her business partner support Team Ze, and have offered their offices as local campaign hq, very nice for me, because we share a communal door so all my clients also think I am Team Ze. Further down the hall there is a fervent Yulia supporter, who has a few offices, and directly above my office, the owner of the office was gifted his office by Yanukovych, because he lived in a village near Mezhigoriya (according to the guy), he was quite an interesting guy to talk to with lots of stories.

Everyone's pretty friendly with each other, and most understand politics for what it is, a game of changing tides and evolving situations.

I predict It's going to be a huge win for Zelenskiy in the parliamentary elections, people are lining up outside the door to join the party, it is regular people, and a real cross-section of the population. There are some Babushkas who support Poroshenko for some kind of financial support, but overall people are queuing up to be part of Team Ze, it is the same as what I saw in 2014 with Poroshenko, so nothing new...Larisa, our local candidate has done a lot for the area, and is quite focused on it, it will be a bit of a pity if she loses her position just because of a new trending force.

Keep calm and let karma do its thing.

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 501
  • -Receive: 341
« Reply #31 on: 17:38 13-Apr-2019 »

I predict It's going to be a huge win for Zelenskiy in the parliamentary elections, people are lining up outside the door to join the party, it is regular people, and a real cross-section dressing of the population.

"Spaciba Steveo"

There's a new sheriff in town.

He got a hold of the булава too!

How Rada will be led from now on. No more fists, just lead.

Kosher Lead!

He even hired some bodyguards to manage his personal space

His running mate is none other than Verka her(him?)self!

Verka is the one on the right (I think)

Could this Jew comic be any worse than the past?

Shouldn't discussion of this really be moved to a different section?

Fun, Games and Jokes

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 993
  • -Receive: 1312
  • Statue of the Motherland
« Reply #32 on: 19:50 13-Apr-2019 »

It was fine for a Georgian to be Governor of Odessa.

Are you sure? Surely you understood Misha Saakashvili had Ukrainian citizenship bestowed upon him by, wait for it, none other than Poroshenko.

Once he got to work, uncovering and reporting the activities of the local Odessa mafia, including the odious mayor Trukhanov, and the Ukrainian oligarchic thieves, things began to go bad for him. It was as if he was too hot to handle. Poroshenko threw him aside and completely ignored these reports. He was stripped of his Ukrainian citizenship and here we are today.

I cannot believe how easily my family, myself included, and millions of Ukrainians were suckered into believing Poroshenko represented Ukraine?s best presidency candidate amongst those who spoke on Maidan.

I would have been fine with it if Saakashvili could have run for President.  I am aware that he was granted citizenship, although Poroshenko challenged the legitimacy of his own action in doing so, later.  And I am aware that Saakashvili went to school in Ukraine and has a long association with the country. 

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: 21:02 20-Apr-2019 »
So, here we are and the recent debate between Poroshenko and Zelensky has happened.  I thought it odd that Poroshenko can attack Zelenskiy both as a puppet of Kolomoiskiy and as a puppet of the Kremlin-based midget at the same time, given Kolomoiskiy's well known support of the volunteer, right wing battalion and anti-Russia, history.  But, Poroshenko has a point, that it is not clear that Zelenskiy would continue to support improvement of Ukraine's military. 
At least a lot of people, globally, will know something about Ukraine's President, should Zelenskiy win.

Offline Lt. Campers

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 216
  • -Receive: 571
  • On patrol
« Reply #34 on: 11:09 22-Apr-2019 »
Well he won the election and Ukrainians are waking up to the fact that he's now the President elect of Ukraine.

Of course he has been playing the on screen President of Ukraine for some time and here's a snapshot
of him as the Emperor Napoleon.

« Last Edit: 11:13 22-Apr-2019 by Lt. Campers »
The first in the field and the last from the Taverna.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3095
  • -Receive: 4811
  • What's the future ever done for me?
« Reply #35 on: 11:59 22-Apr-2019 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts0XG6qDIco

Same goes for playing at politician, especially in a country that really can't afford to have a clown in office at the moment.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: 14:57 22-Apr-2019 »
Well, maybe Poroshenko would have won if Savchenko and Saakashvili had been allowed to run for the office. 

Online fabula_rasa

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #37 on: 09:00 23-Apr-2019 »
It's like Ukrainian nation just gave up and said "It's a circus anyway, so we might as well have a clown for president". I am dissapointed and a bit scared that he will "sell the country" to the Kremlin-based midget. After all, Mr. Z did say himself during the debate that he will do anything to end the war with Russia.

Online David Rochlin

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: 18:28 23-Apr-2019 »
It seems likely that Zelenskiy will clear the way for Kolomoiskiy to return to Ukraine from Israel, as he owes the Oligarch that much, minimally.  Am I right?  But, Kolomoiskiy has sworn to get his personal piggy bank, PrivatBank, back from the Government, which nationalized it after Kolomoiskiy allegedly robbed it of $ Billions.   Any opinions as to what will ensue if Kolomoiskiy returns to Ukraine?
   And Kolomoiskiy would seem to be the counterargument to Zelenskiy rolling over for the Kremlin-based midget.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: 05:08 24-Apr-2019 »
I think the PivatBank deal is going to be tied up in appeals for a few years. I don't see that he has much to stand on since internationally it was confirmed that he made all of these 'loans'. He wants two billion back, and I don't see that happening, we are already going to lose IMF support and reverting that bank back to him will seal the deal on truly reggieing up financial future for Ukraine. Ihor is no friend of the Kremlin-based midget so that is a plus....I think, though he is one poisoned drink away from death.
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline Pantherdk

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 63
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #40 on: 20:20 24-Apr-2019 »
One thing i not understand in all this is that the UAH/EURO/USD keep getting stronger.

Normally Currency markets are ahed of whats going on and a stronger UAH against USD/EUR is normally a good sign.
Anyone have any insights on why the UAH is in neraly strongest 2 years ?

Offline kyivkpic

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1605
  • -Receive: 1502
« Reply #41 on: 20:24 24-Apr-2019 »
One thing i not understand in all this is that the UAH/EURO/USD keep getting stronger.

Normally Currency markets are ahed of whats going on and a stronger UAH against USD/EUR is normally a good sign.
Anyone have any insights on why the UAH is in neraly strongest 2 years ?

Economuc growth? Weak dollar with the trump shoe and trade wars?
Твоя голова всегда в ответе за то, куда сядет твой зад.

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 501
  • -Receive: 341
« Reply #42 on: 22:40 24-Apr-2019 »
It's like Ukrainian nation just gave up and said "It's a circus anyway, so we might as well have a clown for president". I am dissapointed and a bit scared that he will "sell the country" to the Kremlin-based midget. After all, Mr. Z did say himself during the debate that he will do anything to end the war with Russia.
I don't know. Don't you think Ukrainians would be better off repairing trade with Russia?
I don't have any statistics but I would not be surprised if a majority (>50%) would like to put an end to this conflict and move on.

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: 04:25 25-Apr-2019 »
Don't you think Ukrainians would be better off repairing trade with Russia?

NO

Offline UKUA

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 122
  • -Receive: 147
« Reply #44 on: 11:16 25-Apr-2019 »

Don't you think Ukrainians would be better off repairing trade with Russia?

NO, most certainly not.