Author Topic: Legality sudden increase in tariffs apartment?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline chrisinkiev

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Hey guys,

Would like to know if the following is legal.
I own a newly built apartment in Kiev. The price for maintenance (elevator, lights in corridor etc) was 5.5 uah per m2, couple of months ago without any notice it was increased to 11.5 uah! Mind you, this is an economy class apartment nothing fancy or extremely luxury. There are 64 apartments so it's a small XK.
I also own a parking lot for which as of this month I have to pay 300 UAH, again this was never mentioned before in any purchasing contract and just suddenly was added to the monthly invoice.

Would like to know if this is legal, the increase in tariffs I know is legal but they should've given a notice prior. I can't find any information on the 300 uah but the crooks that they are they will shut down water if I don't pay and we already have prepared 2 lawsuits against these guys for not fulfilling other obligations which we paid for.

Offline julienp

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 300
Re: Legality sudden increase in tariffs apartment?
« Reply #1 on: 17:45 08-Apr-2019 »
I own a newly built apartment in Kiev. The price for maintenance (elevator, lights in corridor etc) was 5.5 uah per m2, couple of months ago without any notice it was increased to 11.5 uah! Mind you, this is an economy class apartment nothing fancy or extremely luxury. There are 64 apartments so it's a small XK.
I also own a parking lot for which as of this month I have to pay 300 UAH, again this was never mentioned before in any purchasing contract and just suddenly was added to the monthly invoice.

Would like to know if this is legal, the increase in tariffs I know is legal but they should've given a notice prior. I can't find any information on the 300 uah but the crooks that they are they will shut down water if I don't pay and we already have prepared 2 lawsuits against these guys for not fulfilling other obligations which we paid for.

Join/create the OSBB with a few friends (if it's only 64 flat you should be able to take it over with enough other scammed people)

Offline chrisinkiev

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 21:44 08-Apr-2019 »
That is an idea, thing is a lot of the apartments in the complex are being used to generate rental income for the developer or other investors, i don't think they care about this as tenants pay it. But it's worth a shot. We'll write a letter to all residents about this. We see people complaining daily but for some reason Ukrainian mentality forbids any real action :(

UKUA

« Reply #3 on: 22:10 08-Apr-2019 »
Bear in mind, the charge is not only maintenance as it will include such items as buildings insurance, garbage removal, the electricity to run the lifts, communal lighting, alarm system etc. I am sure there are other components of the charge. Let's not forget, all community charges have increased, especially as electricity prices have gone up.

Why not ask for a breakdown of your charge. The "office" or whatever it is, should have a list of prices which should be totalled, then divided by 64 to obtain each apartment's share.

Finally, there is the salaries of those employed in the "office" to be paid.

The "office" (zhek) is actually a business in itself.

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #4 on: 04:27 09-Apr-2019 »
Gas (for heating) prices have gone through the roof and are surpassing Neptune as we speak.

UKUA

« Reply #5 on: 12:37 09-Apr-2019 »
Gas (for heating) prices have gone through the roof and are surpassing Neptune as we speak.

For the OP, that would only affect his charge should, for example, the building provides hot water and heating.

Ours does.

Tnic

« Reply #6 on: 16:03 09-Apr-2019 »

No kidding!  We have coal fired boilers here.  Our hot water bill (only for heating) has been 2500 UAH/mo!

Thank God they can shut it down now.

Offline chrisinkiev

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 16:19 09-Apr-2019 »
The apartment is brand new and they have 2 devices to generate hot water to the apartments, the devices run on pallets.
The heating in our apartment has never been as hot as it should be, it's always almost cold which is not a problem since the apartment is perfectly isolated and in fact last month we installed a meter for heating ourselves and turned off the heating, the apartment is not colder. Electricity is much cheaper than using the building's heating system.

Even so, 11.5uah per m2, is very high I have 3 other apartments for rental income and the highest price is 8uah and the others are 6-7.

They charge 100UAH for reception which is a young girl but for me some babushka would be ok as well, at least much cheaper.
There is a 50UAH charge for some domtelefon, we have no domtelefon connected, it was told when I bought the apartment that it would be installed instead recently they sent a quote to have it installed some for couple of hundred dollars. Typical Ukraine, if not in contract they will charge it as an extra.

All in all, I think that 3700UAH for a 68m2 apartment is extremely high (price includes 300uah for parking "maintenance") If we deduct the 2000UAH they charge for heating it is still 1700UAH...

Anyway we will have to go to court with them for two other things, our 2nd a/c is not installed because we have a discussion as to which is the master bedroom, for them it is the easiest one which already has tube installed for us it is the biggest one where we sleep in, our contract states that it must be installed in the master bedroom.

secondly, they placed a wall on my parking lot and effectively taking 7cm x 7 meter from me which is 0.5 m2 and several hundreds of dollars, of course they say they'll not compensate me. Should be a very easy lawsuit as the evidence is overwhelming.

Offline Pantherdk

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #8 on: 18:46 09-Apr-2019 »
Is the reception fulltime ?

You say your 68 Appartments so if 68x100 UAH then its 6800 a month which I think is a very good Price even if its only in daytime.

What Building Company did you buy from ?

Offline chrisinkiev

• Subscriber
  • Expat Messenger
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: 19:35 09-Apr-2019 »
from 9 till 9.
I was told when I bought the apartment that the reception was included in the 11.5 uah per M2. We have only 1 elevator for 8 floors and all lights in the building are LED.

I'm not the only one complaining, I see a lot of people complaining when they received their new bill.

It's a small new company and this is their first project.

Offline Pantherdk

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 63
« Reply #10 on: 22:09 09-Apr-2019 »
from 9 till 9.
I was told when I bought the apartment that the reception was included in the 11.5 uah per M2. We have only 1 elevator for 8 floors and all lights in the building are LED.

I'm not the only one complaining, I see a lot of people complaining when they received their new bill.

It's a small new company and this is their first project.

Then Take over the control of the Building management, you probably only need 10-20 people if noone will go against you it should be easy.

Im Investing in an rather big Building and we have around 1 year still before all is finished, and we are already planing to take over the management of the Building already assembled more than 20 people in closed viber chat and Official organisation created to oversee the constructer Building the Building.