Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2504
  • -Receive: 1921
Boats
« on: 09:20 17-May-2019 »
Just an FYI for anyone who loves the water.

Foreigners are NOT allowed to own a boat. In addition to the licence to run one you'll need to have a 'permission letter' from the registered owner, Yes with the blue ink.

In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Tnic

Re: Boats
« Reply #1 on: 11:08 17-May-2019 »
Well that sucks!  That was one of your plans and reasons to buy the house close to the river iirc.

Does that apply to ALL boats or powered.  Were I to stay here I would want to have a kayak.  Lots of nice paddling to be had.

So much freedom here.  SMH

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: 12:12 17-May-2019 »
I don't think this applies to very low powered boats or canoes.
In Russia we only had two TV channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a KGB officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One. Yakov Smirnoff

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #3 on: 12:48 17-May-2019 »
So do they define BOAT as a certain length, width, keel and weight? Power restrictions?

I assume anything with 5" guns or 9lb shot.....is a ship....

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: 13:45 17-May-2019 »
I'm not sure. I think that it's small outboard engines on little row boats aren't part of it as well as kayaks and canoes. "Mine" is 5 meters and a bigger outboard.

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #5 on: 15:29 17-May-2019 »
I'm not sure. I think that it's small outboard engines on little row boats aren't part of it as well as kayaks and canoes. "Mine" is 5 meters and a bigger outboard.

5 meters is the size of the Yamato compared to the Ukrainian Navy.

Offline Jay

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 888
  • -Receive: 314
« Reply #6 on: 08:35 20-May-2019 »
  AK -- how did you find that out?
Any mention of sailing boat?

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: 07:57 21-May-2019 »
I found out the hard way.  :'(  I bought a boat wanting to fishing with the grandkids out in the Dnieper.

Offline calmissile

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 89
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #8 on: 06:04 23-May-2019 »
That really sucks!  Had no idea that Ukraine had those kinds of restrictions.  Lately I have been thinking of where we might want to move to in the event the 2020 elections disappoint me in the US.  Was surprised so see the ratings of countries in studies with high personal freedoms.  Not many with weather that I would desire.  :)

Had to laugh at the comment about blue ink.  I did not have any experience with ink color in Ukraine but wonder if it is the same stupid reason our QA department has for signing everything in blue ink.......  the monochrome copiers of 40 years ago would not copy blue ink?

So what is your solution for the boat and fishing?

Offline julienp

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 300
« Reply #9 on: 06:34 23-May-2019 »
So what is your solution for the boat and fishing?
Maybe just put it on the wife name ?

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: 10:31 23-May-2019 »
Yep, it's her's now and I'll get a notarized permission slip to use it. (maybe, if she'll let me)  ;)

Offline joned

• Subscriber
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #11 on: 13:55 24-Jun-2019 »
Hi, can anyone point me to the definition of boats that can't be owned by non Ukrainian national. I have an about 3 meter rowing boat on dniper, but just trying to buy a small engine for it <5hp. What are the rules?

Offline AkMike

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: 01:24 25-Jun-2019 »
After my go around, I wouldn't advise anyone to even own a rubber ducky for the bath tub.  :(