Author Topic: Amateur (Ham) Radio CQ CQ CQ  (Read 22 times)

Offline Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3858
  • -Receive: 1701
  • Gainfully unemployed
Amateur (Ham) Radio CQ CQ CQ
« on: 08:00 05-Jul-2019 »
Anyone here a Ham or know someone who is?

I got licensed in 2015 by taking the Technician and General class exams the same session.  Now I'm prepping for Amateur Extra, the top level in the US.

There's a UA Ham in Kiev, begging me to come up and visit his shack (radio room).  Maybe when I come back this Fall for my wife's visa interview.

Its an interesting hobby.

Find out more here:  ARRL.org and of course YT

If you might be interested, but can't get to an exam session maybe check out Hamsphere.org.  Its a VIRTUAL  I repeat VIRTUAL ham world that only exists online.  You don't need a license, anyone can play ham radio.  There are a lot of real Hams (Licensed) who are HS subscribers there as well.  For about 30 Euros/year you can play (Virtual) Ham Radio

Anyway, just thought I'd drop this here.

73 from K1NKX 

"The weak grow strong by effrontery.  The strong grow weak through inhibition!"   Henry Kissinger

Offline calmissile

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 88
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
Re: Amateur (Ham) Radio CQ CQ CQ
« Reply #1 on: 06:19 12-Jul-2019 »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone here a Ham or know someone who is?

I got licensed in 2015 by taking the Technician and General class exams the same session.  Now I'm prepping for Amateur Extra, the top level in the US.

There's a UA Ham in Kiev, begging me to come up and visit his shack (radio room).  Maybe when I come back this Fall for my wife's visa interview.

Its an interesting hobby.

Find out more here:  ARRL.org and of course YT

If you might be interested, but can't get to an exam session maybe check out Hamsphere.org.  Its a VIRTUAL  I repeat VIRTUAL ham world that only exists online.  You don't need a license, anyone can play ham radio.  There are a lot of real Hams (Licensed) who are HS subscribers there as well.  For about 30 Euros/year you can play (Virtual) Ham Radio

Anyway, just thought I'd drop this here.

73 from K1NKX

Thanks to a 6th grade teacher got introduced to Ham Radio early.  Several of us got our licenses shortly afterward in 1957.  First call was WN7JDK (Juvenile Delinquent Kid).   Also held W7JDK, W6GOT, N6CUB and others.   Ham radio is responsible to the beginning and inspiration of my 55+ years as an Aerospace Engineer.

I let my license expire a number of years ago, but am thinking about getting it reinstated when I have time.  Still have many buddies that are still active.

73's

Doug