Author Topic: Best Way to Ship Parcel to Germany?  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Kord

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 532
  • -Receive: 341
Re: Best Way to Ship Parcel to Germany?
« Reply #15 on: 06:38 04-Sep-2019 »
I had brought a nice pair of North Face boots to Ukraine to stomp around the snow in.
$200 boots ruined in one season due to all the snow hidden bare metal that sticks up all over Ukraine.
Like almost everywhere you go there are small bits of metal that has been cut near ground level but some sliver sticks up. Sliced the crap outta my boots. Never wore anything more expensive than Skechers again around town and country.

Offline Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4076
  • -Receive: 1778
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #16 on: 12:14 06-Sep-2019 »
Yep.  I just buy el cheapos at Konfiskat or the rinok and plan to toss em in the Spring.  If they hold up for a 2nd winter then its a bonus.
The only way to stop evil men is good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 936
  • -Receive: 741
  • Death to (your name here)!
« Reply #17 on: 10:45 15-Sep-2019 »
Seriously, don't waste money on parcel services. I have an online business and regularly ship to Germany from Odessa and never have any problems with the Ukrposhta. 3kg will cost you about 600UAH++ and takes about 7-14 days to get there. Put in a box, pack well. You will need a customs form, to EU there are 3 copies needed (get them at the counter of the post office) plus the "white sheet". You can just take the boots to most main post offices and they will even sell you a not expensive box and pack them for you. Fill out the form there at the post office and send.

Keep in mind, you need to put low value on the declaration, as in Germany, whoever picks them up will need to pay VAT on the item value PLUS the price of the postage. Be sure to put "USED" in the description, "FOR REPAIRS" would also placate the Krauts...

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 110
  • -Receive: 145
« Reply #18 on: 18:20 15-Sep-2019 »
Seriously, don't waste money on parcel services. I have an online business and regularly ship to Germany from Odessa and never have any problems with the Ukrposhta. 3kg will cost you about 600UAH++ and takes about 7-14 days to get there. Put in a box, pack well. You will need a customs form, to EU there are 3 copies needed (get them at the counter of the post office) plus the "white sheet". You can just take the boots to most main post offices and they will even sell you a not expensive box and pack them for you. Fill out the form there at the post office and send.

Keep in mind, you need to put low value on the declaration, as in Germany, whoever picks them up will need to pay VAT on the item value PLUS the price of the postage. Be sure to put "USED" in the description, "FOR REPAIRS" would also placate the Krauts...

Thank you.  That is great to hear.  Do you insure the stuff you send or it does not disappear even if you do not insure it?  And can you insure it?

Oh, and what is the "white sheet"?

Thank you!

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3146
  • -Receive: 4876
« Reply #19 on: 04:25 16-Sep-2019 »

Thank you.  That is great to hear.  Do you insure the stuff you send or it does not disappear even if you do not insure it?  And can you insure it?

Thank you!

BTW, I have always found that whatever I mail out via UkergoatPost arrives as long as I have a tracking number attached. Without a tracking number I have had at least a 80% failure rate.

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: 13:28 16-Sep-2019 »

Thank you!

BTW, I have always found that whatever I mail out via UkergoatPost arrives as long as I have a tracking number attached. Without a tracking number I have had at least a 80% failure rate.

How do you get a tracking number?  And can you insure the shipment?

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: 19:02 16-Sep-2019 »

Thank you!

How do you get a tracking number?  And can you insure the shipment?

Just ask for a tracking number it cost on the average for a letter 70r. I have never tried to insure a shipment figuring that was to advanced for such a corrupt country.

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: 16:48 25-Sep-2019 »
I did send the parcel with Ukrposhta today and was very impressed with the process. They do tracking and insurance.  For the shipment with a weight of 2.5 kg and insurance for 150 euro I paid slightly less than 800 UAH.

Thanks for your advice.

Offline K24

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: 02:42 02-Oct-2019 »
And according to the tracking my parcel took only 5 days from Ukraine to delivery in Germany 👍

Offline Ted

• I live here
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: 04:15 02-Oct-2019 »
And according to the tracking my parcel took only 5 days from Ukraine to delivery in Germany 👍

Because the new policy is to change goats at every way station.