Author Topic: A warning.  (Read 4506 times)

Online Fraucha

• Administrator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3110
  • -Receive: 4834
  • What's the future ever done for me?
Re: A warning.
« Reply #15 on: 05:09 14-Oct-2014 »
I am very tempted to suspend my participation in the three forums on Ukraine/Russia of which I am a member. There is so much increasing hostile contention in all of them. It detracts from my happy anticipation of marrying and living with, in Ukraine, my fiancee.

Stick around, here at least, the forum will be a bit less informative with you gone!
Peace is the failure of the military to convince the government that it can and should kick its enemies ass.

Offline cc3

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 541
  • -Receive: 810
« Reply #16 on: 07:48 14-Oct-2014 »
I am very tempted to suspend my participation in the three forums on Ukraine/Russia of which I am a member. There is so much increasing hostile contention in all of them. It detracts from my happy anticipation of marrying and living with, in Ukraine, my fiancee.

Stick around, here at least, the forum will be a bit less informative with you gone!

Still here. Happily ensconced in beautiful Lviv with my lovely fiancee. Can't marry because her residential registration is in a town, Debaltseve, in the combat zone. She's working on the situation with the government office for 'displaced persons'. Enjoying the delicious champagne day autumn weather introducing N to the joys of running in the beautiful Stryiski Park.

"But if history teaches anything, it teaches that simpleminded appeasement or wishful thinking about our adversaries is folly. It means the betrayal of our past, the squandering of our freedom."

Ronald Reagan

Offline calmissile

• Subscriber
  • Expat VSOP
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 89
  • I'm new here - please be gentle with me!!
« Reply #17 on: 07:57 14-Oct-2014 »

Still here. Happily ensconced in beautiful Lviv with my lovely fiancee. Can't marry because her residential registration is in a town, Debaltseve, in the combat zone. She's working on the situation with the government office for 'displaced persons'. Enjoying the delicious champagne day autumn weather introducing N to the joys of running in the beautiful Stryiski Park.

Glad to see your still here.  I can relate to the nighmares of residential registration, even in the same city.   ;D

Offline Reggie

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1880
  • -Receive: 1609
  • 100% Against jellied eels
« Reply #18 on: 23:09 21-Aug-2016 »
I have to say this now or instead just press a few buttons and a handful of members get deleted...for a quiet life if nothing else.

Nobody on this forum seriously wants a dead policeman.. or a dead activist .. or a dead passer by. if they do and they say as much they will be removed. I know ukrainian activists... and weekend warrior expats.. I also know senior policemen. I will quite happily get drunk with any of them. So say we all.

But from now on that sentiment of wishing death and destruction on whoever also means people who infer it. Sorry - but I have had enough of the rhetoric and baiting. Just post to cause trouble and i will delete you. There is too much happening to bother with dealing with trolls and Frakwits... arguing about who started it or the value of the petrol being thrown by which side is dull. and anyway - who is listening?

This is an expat forum .. not a bear pit. Its all getting very dull - that word again ....i don't care which side you are on. It is irrelevant.

Remember...after you have been banned you can always say: "When the troubles occurred in Ukraine I got banned on an expat forum for my extremism"... someone may buy you a beer.

We have over 6,000 members... none of us matter that much but...

Respect each other please.

Sorry for replying to an old post.  But you make a great point.  Too many internet warriors stirring sh*t makes for a bad experience for everyone.

Good job Ace on maintaining order.
🇺🇸   Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.  🇺🇸

Offline jbenet

• Subscriber
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 935
  • -Receive: 741
  • Death to (your name here)!
« Reply #19 on: 09:51 22-Aug-2016 »
So does this mean I have to change the "Death to (your name here)." tag on my profile?  :P

Online Tnic

• Rogue Moderator at large
  • Global Moderator
  • I live here
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4026
  • -Receive: 1732
  • Gainfully unemployed
« Reply #20 on: 13:26 22-Aug-2016 »
So does this mean I have to change the "Death to (your name here)." tag on my profile?  :P

:D :D :D
Recent science has shown that saliva causes cancer, but only swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time.